Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

If a person were to keep only one EM in their collection, would Card Whiz be a good candidate for such a machine? I know there are a few reviews of the machine, but I'm talking "buy it, fix it up, keep it forever" type of machine...
My wife likes the number of drop targets and 3" flippers..

#2 11 years ago

It is a really good game. Good game for the kids as well.

Keep it forever? That's a really hard question with so many good EM's out there.

#3 11 years ago

Yeah, keep forever may have been a little strong.. Haha..
The bumper at the top of the playfield looks like it could create some randomness to the game.

#4 11 years ago

I still regret selling mine. The playfield was nearly perfect, it was a beauty of a game. Very fun game, I will get another someday, or Royal Flush.

#5 11 years ago

That extra touch of Quality and Originality; Gottlieb.

#6 11 years ago

It is a good game, not sure I would say life time keeper, or 'desert island pin'. I found the outlanes to be too greedy. Good ruleset if you can get that far and go for the jokers first for sure. I'm working on a Gottlieb Atlantis right now have heard it mentioned in the same circles. We'll see. If I found another Card Whiz, I would restore as I did my last one. Worth playing for sure!

#7 11 years ago

Royal Flush or Card Whiz is on my Wishlist so yes a good game.

I know in my small collection of up to 7 pins it would be a keeper, but as an only pin I'm really not sure.

Go pick it up if you can as I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ken

#8 11 years ago

It's one of my three EM's and I love it.

The only problem is the first thing to go wrong on these things is a failure to give you credit for bonus scoring. My cousin also owns one and has had the same problem as I have.

Besides that, one of my favorite EM's.

#9 11 years ago

Yes yes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-card-whiz-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.