Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

astro-from-the-jetsons.png
astro roto pool christmas halloween 139.JPG
photo (101).jpg
astro roto pool christmas halloween 023.JPG
20141030_230725.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topcard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago

I had him send me some photos but the playfield was rough and I was just hoping to find a perfect playfield to swap into mine, though overall, my playfield is probably an 8 plus.

I paid $550 for mine and the whole front of the cabinet was rotted and delaminated and had to be completed restored. One of these days when I have some time I'll post it in the restoration section, but for now, here's a quick before and after.
astro roto pool christmas halloween 023.JPGastro roto pool christmas halloween 023.JPGastro roto pool christmas halloween 139.JPGastro roto pool christmas halloween 139.JPGphoto (101).jpgphoto (101).jpg

#30 9 years ago

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. I saw detailed photos of it and that playfield was beat. It would be a major effort to restore that playfield properly, and it sounds like the cabinet needs to be redone as well.

Sometimes you're better to just walk away. If I've learned anything collecting machines, it's that there's (almost) always another one out there if you're patient.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Holton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topcard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-astro?tu=topcard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.