• I like them both equally 2 votes
    33%
  • I hate both games. 1 vote
    17%

(6 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC04164.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

I've owned both. I prefer Palace Guard by a mile.

Hit either row of 4 snap targets for an extra ball. Hit A-E on top for an extra ball (no need to hit "C" last). The bottom outlanes and center drain are also A-E switches to help build extra balls.

Scoring is more balanced, as there are no 500 point shots. Hitting snap targets either light 10 point pop bumpers or 100 point upper targets. It makes the pop bumper area much more valuable.

It's a classic GTL add-a-ball where you can be on your last ball, terrible score, and have a great ball and build back up a few balls and end up with a great score. You are never out of the game. On Royal Guard, hit the wrong letter on top or miss a 500 point exit and you're pretty much screwed.

#19 9 years ago

Although I live in the add-a-ball land of Wisconsin, I spent a good part of my youth around replay games. Royal Guard was one tough game to beat (and I considered myself a pretty good player). I almost never won a game on score (4500 was the first replay) - always on the snaps or A-E feature. We moved back to Wisconsin - and I hated add-a-balls. It wasn't until I played Palace Guard that I really appreciated the difference. I could score points!

Now, I gravitate toward add-a-balls. To me, it makes more sense to extend a game at home than to win games that are already free.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-of-royal-guard-vs-palace-guard?tu=frankj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.