Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by loren3233
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Hey Guys. I was just wondering if anyone has played the new Ironman and if so, what are your thoughts about it? Example - How does it compare to Spiderman, LOTR, and would it be worth buying, etc...Thanks.

#3 13 years ago

I've played it quite a bit, and I think it's pretty darn fun. I have both Spider-Man and Lord of the Rings, and it's not as good as either, but I do find it to be fast, fun, and challenging. The lights and sounds are great too.

I guess it's selling well. A local distributor here already sold through their initial 10, has three more on order, and three more that they'll bring in if/when those sell. I'm guessing that walk-in traffic is playing the game, enjoying it, and dropping the cash on that rather than the other stuff they have there (mix of 90's DMDs and newer Sterns).

#4 13 years ago

Hey jar...
    Where are you located? You mentioned that you guess that people are dropping their cash on the new Ironman and not the other stuff. Any chance the other stuff includes a FG machine?
    Also....Does the new Ironman have any of the music from AC/DC?

#5 13 years ago

I'm near Salt Lake City, but at this time they did not have a Family Guy. I'm not much of an AC/DC fan, but I don't think their actual music was in the game. There is a lot of nice rock music going on, however. It could be them, but I'm not familiar enough with their library outside of their bigger hits.

#6 13 years ago

No it's not AC/DC. There is a lot of heavy guitar riffs, and powerful music mainly from the movie. I did not hear any AC/DC though. It does sound great though. Maybe there is a wizard mode that plays it, but I did not see any copyright credit given to AC/DC. Did they write the soundtrack? Everyone asks that, when I figured the question would be is Black Sabbath in the game.

#7 13 years ago

Here's another video where you can hear the game pretty well. I love the graphic when the Iron Monger comes up out of the playfield. Also if you get a good ball time, Jeff Bridges starts to taunt you with lines like "Let's get this over with...." Pretty funny.

#8 13 years ago

Can't wait to play Ironman!The magnets look really cool!!

#9 13 years ago

Definitely not AC/DC but not bad....Looks like the game has great lighting on it.

#10 13 years ago

I bought an LED set for my T2 from cointaker.com at the Allentown show. They had an Iron Man changed out with LEDs for $4200. I don't see a picture on their website of it. They make you pay $.75 to play, but replay was at 10M, so you could pop it once or twice. It really looked nice, just with the metallic, robot theme. That's why I bought the lights for my T2.

#11 13 years ago

I got to play it briefly at A-town, music and sound was really great - but just seemed a bit empty to me - Im not sure its going to be as good as SM or lotr - I like the two main magnets but - I think with out them it just wouldnt be that great of a game... SM takes it so far for me, with my limited time on both

#12 13 years ago

I don't think it is as good as SM and it plays nothing like LOTR. I kept wanting to hit the right flipper when the ball came down the right orbit, lol. I predict it will fall in and around the top 40-50 spot. Not a bad machine at all but I don't see it breaking the top 20. But I could be wrong.

#13 13 years ago

I expect to own an IM next week and give my opinion about it. Can't wait that long...

#14 13 years ago

Well I saw the Movie tonight -

#15 13 years ago

Hopefully they will put Ironman at some of the movie theaters arcades,wishful thinking huh.

#16 13 years ago

Yeah thats the first thing I looked for Scooter,
    would of been a fantastic way to get more people into pinball
    who wouldn't want to play that pin before or after seeing the movie?

#17 13 years ago

They have one in my town's theater.

#18 13 years ago

I'm gonna check out the "Iron Man 2" movie on Monday, after the little kids have gone to see it.

Then at the theatres arcade, I am planning to drop some quarters into the Stern Nascar they have (or had...we'll see). Hoping they got the Iron Man pinball, but who knows.

#19 13 years ago

Call the local vendor/operator to find out where all their machines are located. Works like a charm. The local one here put the Iron Man in the theater nearest to me because I asked. Seriously. It was going to go to another theater about 7 miles away.

#20 13 years ago

SC thats such a great idea I got to start doing it

#21 13 years ago

Hey SC,

What is the best way to look up/contact a vendor/operator in the local area?

I don't see anything in the yellow pages....Is it best to ask an arcade manager for direction on who services/supplies their machines?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-of-ironman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.