Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I have the opportunity to buy some Em games. The choices are:
    Super Flite
    Big Indian
    Aztec
    Royal Flush
    Space Mission

Rate them best to worst based on game play for me. I have only played Big Indian and Royal Flush a bit.
    Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

1a Space Mission
    1b Royal Flush
    1c Super Flite
    1d Aztec
    1e Big Indian

I've played all of those, and enjoyed the hell out of all of them. I'd buy all five if I had the room and the means.

#3 4 years ago

I have only played two on your list, Royal Flush and Space Mission. I would go with Space Mission.

#4 4 years ago

I have played all of them:

1) Aztec
    2) Big Indian
    3) Royal Flush
    4) Super Flite
    5) Space Mission

Note: All of them are good games and all just a little bit better than the other.

#5 4 years ago

Played all:

1) Super Flite/Strato-Flite. House favorite by all. Pinball and non-pinball people.
    2) Royal Flush. One of the ones I grew up on. Still a favorite today.
    3) Space Mission. Beautiful game, but I find it to easy.
    4) Big Indian
    5) Aztec. I’ll never sell mine, but it’s a drain monster. Great 4 player fun.

#6 4 years ago

I have played all 5, here is my order:

1) Super Flite
    2) Royal Flush
    3) Big Indian
    4) Space Mission
    5) Aztec

I would seriously just try to swing a deal for all 5, however.

#7 4 years ago

I have not played Super Flite, so can not rate it. My order of the rest:
    1. Royal Flush
    2. Big Indian
    3. Space Mission
    4. Aztec

#8 4 years ago

Aztec
    Royal flush
    Big indian
    Super flite
    Space mission

#9 4 years ago

It looks like Royal Flush is consistently close to the top of you lists. What it it that brings you back to this game?

#10 4 years ago

Royal Flush has it all- multiplayer for playing with others, fun bright colors and theme- backglass looks great! Large drop target bank to shoot at. Pretty straight forward on what to shoot at for the novice and pro.

#11 4 years ago

Check out the reviews for Royal Flush. I think several folks have said it better than I can:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/royal-flush-gottlieb/ratings#rating-comments

The main takeaways:
    Strategy - go for jokers first or just hit the drops? Drop targets from forehand or backhand? Card hands lead to different point totals. Targets behind the drops for optional scoring. More points for those targets once all drops are down.
    Shots - Left lane back to the top = tough to hit. Drop targets, i.e. the important things, can lead to instant death. Ricochet to get into the lane to open the gate. Right side off the rubber and past the pop bumper to get back to the jokers.

One ball can win it all. Interesting geometry and a simple ruleset that can be difficult to complete. Slightly different scoring for 3 ball versus 5 ball (3 ball has double bonus on Ball 2 and 3, 1K for pop bumper hits and targets behind drops always lit for extra points). Getting all three jokers for Special is a rare occurrence on my game.

#12 4 years ago

I'd go with Big Indian. Find Royal FLush a little overrated myself.

#14 4 years ago

In spite of some who discount the pinside top 100, it is a list composed of thousands of verified pinheads over a decade and a half with specific rating criteria included. I have placed the pinside ratings below for your convenience.

Pinside top 100 ratings as of 7/3/2019:

Super flite #50
    Big Indian #51
    Royal flush #63
    Space Mission #111
    Aztec #172

#15 4 years ago

Hi Mpluff
    as others have said: Get them all. I do not like the pinside-rating*** --- ipdb says to "Game Play":
    - Big Indian 7.77
    - Space Mission 7.85
    - Royal Flush 7.91
    - Aztec 8.11
    - Super Flite 7.17, Strato Flite 7.42
    On Your list the Big Indian is my Number-1 (a friend has one), then Space Mission (I have one), then Royal Flush or Aztec - I do not remember well the Aztec, the friend has an Royal Flush. On Royal Flush we must accept "Bonus" is more like a tricky playfield-feature - rather then a simple bonus-ladder.
    Then as last the "Super Flite" - its some 40 years since I played Strato Flight. Not so crowded playfield - but good to aim at, shoot - and hit (when You are good).

pinside rating*** - in the top ten pinside EM-pins there are only two from the 1970ies, Number six is from 1958 ...
    Greetings Rolf

#16 4 years ago

I would rank them:

1) Royal Flush
    2) Super Flite (I never realized how good this is til I got one. Actually, I have a Strato-Flite)
    3) Big Indian
    4) Space Mission
    5) Aztec

I own the first three. Royal Flush is my latest acquisition, which may skew things a bit for me, but I think I’ll still rate it tops when the “newness” is over.

#17 4 years ago

Royal Flush.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mpluff:

It looks like Royal Flush is consistently close to the top of you lists. What it it that brings you back to this game?

I have Card Whiz, the two player version. It looks simple but it is not. Build the poker hands to maximize your bonus. Playfield is nothing to look at, but the backglass is very nice.

#19 4 years ago

1.Space Mission
    2.Royal Flush
    3.Aztec
    4.Big Indian
    5.Super Flite

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-needed?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.