Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey everyone....I am resurecting a Flash and wanted to ask your opinion about how far to go. When I got it, it was DOA, Cabinet is very nice, playfield only has one wear area near one of the pop bumpers...backglass has a ton of flaking on the areas that are red. The boards are coming in today so hopefull she will be running at 100% soon.

Big question, I have an opprotunity to buy a mint, NIB Flash Backglass for $275. If I was in love with the game, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but it looks like I am going to have to sell this one in order to fund my wishlist games.

In your opinion, is picking up this backglass worth it when its time to sell it?

Thanks guys...

#2 7 years ago

Depends upon how much you paid and have into it after the board repairs. Unless you got it for free and the board repairs were cheap, answer is probably not.

viperrwk

#3 7 years ago

Having a Flash myself I'd would say try and repair the glass with waterslide decal first. I did a complete re-image on mine and quickly over ran it's worth ($800 at best in my opinion). New MPU and power board. It came with two backglass both of which were in very sad shape. My two cents.

http://flashredo.weebly.com/

#4 7 years ago

There has been a working Flash sitting on local CL for a month or two for $600. So, keep that in mind when you are thinking about how much you might be able to sell yours for.

2 months later
#5 7 years ago

I hate to keep resurecting these old 'Flash' threads, but...just FYI - when I was looking for a Flash, the condition of the backglass was the MOST important thing for me. Most everything else can be repaired or replaced, but finding good condtion backglasses is getting hard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bokchito, OK
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.00
Machine - For Sale
Summerville, SC
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 102.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 29.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside