Opinions: JM + $$ or LOTR + ID4

By ThatGuy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Would like the opinion of The Pinside on this potential deal.

A) I would keep my plays-perfect but cabinet faded JM and have $2,800 toward another future pin or:

B) A nice but routed LOTR and a nice with a few LEDs ID4.

I love my JM but not sure I could pass up a LOTR. Also, I would need to sell an Asteroids Deluxe, which is pending, for the money to work out perfectly.

Suggestions? I'm leaning towards B.

#3 11 years ago

Do it! thats a pretty good trade!

#4 11 years ago

Im not even sure i can understand what it is your even doing...

#5 11 years ago

I'd say see if you can get him to knock some money off the deal and just do it for the LOTR

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Im not even sure i can understand what it is your even doing...

I think he means he's been offered:
ID4 and LOTR
for
JM + $2800

#7 11 years ago

i say get the ID4 and LOTR, then sell ID4 and use that money toward another pin or pimp out your LOTR. i don't like any sega machines personally, and i feel like JM won't be missed compared to LOTR. good luck brosef

#10 11 years ago

I would think that if you are patient that you can find a decent, routed LOTR for $3000 or so. Maybe a bit more in today's market. Not sure if you want to wait.

There are good deals out there if you are patient and lucky. If you're jonesing for a LOTR, then I guess you know better if the deal is right for you. I like JM alot, so I don't know if I would do it. You'd have a easier time selling LOTR (I would guess) if you ever tired of it. Not sure what ID4 is worth, I have never played one.

Hope you are happy in whatever direction you choose!

Chris

#11 11 years ago

Ok this potential deal involves three people. I would trade/sell my JM for an ID4 + $600. Then I would turn and purchase the routed LOTR with that money + $2,800 from another pin sale + $300 from selling an Asteroids Deluxe.

So yes, a routed LOTR for $3,700. We'll see if it falls into place.

#13 11 years ago

HAve a great JM had a great playing LOTR. All deals are great and tragic in the same note. The deal looks balanced ,so if your up for the trade you move forward.

Am I getting philosophical in my age or just full of poo

#14 11 years ago

So you are selling a JM for $600 + IJ4? That is a heck of a deal.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

ID4 not IJ4. Same thing I thought at first.

#16 11 years ago

^^

Oh.. I am less impressed then but still a good deal. If all roads lead to a LOTR, then it is worth it.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

Ok this potential deal involves three people. I would trade/sell my JM for an ID4 + $600. Then I would turn and purchase the routed LOTR with that money + $2,800 from another pin sale + $300 from selling an Asteroids Deluxe.
So yes, a routed LOTR for $3,700. We'll see if it falls into place.

Wow, that's quite the scenario. Hope it all works out for you.

Chris

#18 11 years ago

LOTR is getting tougher to pick up a nice one. Play the ID4 get the fun out of it and can pick up JM down the road. If the deals sounds good look to which pin will be harder to get/replace and work from that angle.

#19 11 years ago

Well, I suppose I'm disappointed to say that is deal didn't work out. The seller sold it under me while I was waiting for more pics and info after I was told I had first dibs.

I'm learning patience waiting for my next pin opportunity so this doesn't upset me too much. It was fun dreaming about it and trying to work the different angles it would have taken to secure it. I'm thinking it will be worth the wait.......

#20 11 years ago

JM is awesome. 2800 can nab you any one of dozens of awesome pins. It will all work out.

#21 11 years ago

JM, is great, but the deal you attempted was a good one. ID4 isn't bad, and LOTR is a killer home game, of course. BUT: I wouldn't sell the Asteroids! Esp. if it's decent, scrape up $300 somewhere else. I had to sell my AD many years back in a move, and really miss it. (I could rock that game, which is 10x the game that the original Asteroids was, and levels just keep getting harder...)

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

JM is awesome. 2800 can nab you any one of dozens of awesome pins. It will all work out.

Thanks man, I look forward to my next pin for sure.

I actually just bumped and updated my WTB thread even though they usually have a low success rate. But it only takes one!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Still crossing my fingers..Please Paul

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Still crossing my fingers..Please Paul

Hey, you can attest to the potential that this deal had!! We were both ready to rock n' roll.

Well, at least the opinions on ID4 are consistent!!! Haha.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

Well, at least the opinions on ID4 are consistent!!! Haha.

I hear ya bro.Hope you still come by next week.

#26 11 years ago

I have an ID4 and think it's a pretty fun game...Don't know why there's so many Sega haters out there. I've had some really good Sega titles in the past (along with WMS/Bally, Gottlieb and Stern).

#27 11 years ago

I like my ID4, cool ramps! Sound is great, "I don't hear no fat lady!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Midlothian, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 7.50
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-jm-or-lotr-id4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.