(Topic ID: 298069)

Opinions: Best fair trade for a Safe Cracker?

By Pin_Gizmos

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pin_Gizmos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

I'm looking for advice/opinions on the best fair trade for a nice, clean Safecracker. Which of the following would be the closest:

Elivra HOH Premium
Elivra HOH LE
Jurassic Park Premium
Jurassic Park LE
Deadpool Premium
Deadpool LE

Given the SC's rarity, I'm thinking that it might even be a fair trade for one of those titles NIB.

What do you think? (No, I'm not interested in a cash sale, unless crazy money is involved!)

Thanks,
Steve

#2 4 months ago

I don't think you're getting an LE of any of those titles for a safe Cracker. I own a SC, JP LE and Elvira LE. I would say a premium would be fair but not LE, jp and elvira are like 13k now. NIB LE of one of those for a safe Cracker? Not if the other guy is sober.

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

I don't think you're getting an LE of any of those titles for a safe Cracker. I own a SC, JP LE and Elvira LE. I would say a premium would be fair but not LE, jp and elvira are like 13k now. NIB LE of one of those for a safe Cracker? Not if the other guy is sober.

Tend to agree, maybe even siding with a Pro as a fairly equal trade across that bunch. SC is a fun game but quickly feels like a novelty or redemption game. Timed play games are rarely fun for long.

#4 4 months ago

Used JP or DP prem if it’s a great example ….maybe. LEs of all those games are a nonstarter, especially NIB. And I think SC is fun as hell. The prices of the games you want are just, well, a bit high at the moment.

#5 4 months ago

Played SC at several occasions and while it's different (look and size) it's not that fun after a while. I know its an unusual title but not a title I would want in a home environment, just saying.

#6 4 months ago

Man, I love Pat Lawlor's games, but all of those are better games.

#7 4 months ago

I’ve always viewed SC as almost a pure “museum” or collector pin rather than a pin that is one people love to play. With that being said, I think a NIB pro is probably a fair trade. Maybe if you get lucky and just happen to put it on the market when someone that has always wanted one that has deep pockets is looking for one you can get more but that seems like a real stretch to me.

#8 4 months ago

Thanks for your opinions, guys. One question, though: Aren't JP and Elvira Premiums being rerun soon? If so, they seem to have a NIB price around $8K.

I guess I'll keep the SC in storage for now.

Steve

#9 4 months ago

You should keep the Safe Cracker period. It will always appreciate in value. Cant say that for the others although the way things are going… just buy the new game you’ll be better off.

#10 4 months ago

I agree. I would never sell my SC. i was asking because I've got an extra one.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside