Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sven
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Attack_from_Mars.jpg
    Medieval_Madness.jpg
    Cactus_Canyon.jpg
    Theatre_of_Magic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 11 years ago

I've never gotten to play a prototype, and my days of preordering from a startup company and waiting on their production to finish for years are over for good.

My biggest concern looking at the design is that they are overvaluing video as a pinball hook (this happened before somewhere, can't quite put my finger on it... ).

There needs to be a serious mechanical hook in pinball, and besides the video in the playfield, what's the featured hook exactly? To me, it looks like a big wide open playfield and unfortunately your design is handicapped by nothing in the middle of the playfield in a huge area so the ball can make pretty pictures. That's a gimmick, not a hook.

Full Throttle has video, but isn't relying on it. A fast flowing design, a small screen not handicapping design, the popup wheel bumpers being the hook. FT appeals to me more from first glance than P3 does.

P3 looks very cool, but it needs more to it than a video gimmick IMHO! And $10k is going to rule a ton of people out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-about-p3why-no-excitement?tu=mechslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.