Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sven
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Attack_from_Mars.jpg
    Medieval_Madness.jpg
    Cactus_Canyon.jpg
    Theatre_of_Magic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

Very excited here. Most innovative development in pinball since RFM. So many possibilities for cool tables. I can't wait to see what Dennis came up with. But until we get a better idea of what the final software and playfields are like there's not a lot to talk about.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Several really popular games don't make much use of the main middle playfield area for anything other than lamps (MM, AFM, etc) all the physicality of it is in the upper playfield. P3 can take all that space and do something dynamic with it. How about fighting something like the trolls in MM, but they can move around? Taking down an alien ship wouldn't be so easy when it doesn't stay in one place. And so on.

Well put. I've thought the same myself.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from sb80:

P3 is a video game, if youre happy more power to you but its still a video game.

How many videogames use flippers, ramps, scoops, slings, drop targets and a pinball?

#51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

The playfield layout will always be identical. So 5 different games is still pretty much the same core game

No, the layouts won't be identical. The upper module with the ramps and such can be removed and replaced with different modules for different layouts. That's one of the things that's so cool about it.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I think that the demos like Farmyard and Asteroids showed the tracking technology well but also made it look like that was the main gameplay element which a lot of people don't like, including me.

Have to agree. It takes a bit of imagination to see the full potential at this point. And from a marketing perspective, it's never a good idea to count on the public's imagination. Hopefully they're far enough along now that more people will "get it" after TPF.

Quoted from chocky909:

Also, I'm wondering whether it will be possible to have a third flipper or is every module going to be limited to a fan layout.

I'm wondering the same. Hopefully that will be answered soon.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am not really interested in a video screen in/as the playfield - I can bring up pinball arcade on the xbox for a video pinball experience.

I really enjoy the purely mechanical aspect of pinball - the "Rat in a maze" aspect of the ball traveling different places through ramps, doors, holes etc ....

It is interesting how some are against the very idea of a video screen no matter the incorporation. I see this with P2K as well. And that's cool. We all have our preferences.

P3 seems very "mechanical" to me. It has all the ramps, doors, and holes that you mention. Actually, I think it's the only new machine that has ball going under the playfield. I could be wrong though. And I have no idea what Jpop's up to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-about-p3why-no-excitement?tu=krupa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.