image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_0585.JPG
image.jpg
st_caps.jpg
20141226_160646.jpg
WP_20141218_01_19_28_Pro.jpg
IMAG0309.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm interested in seeking fellow pinhead's opinion on which popcap style is the most desired. I have my preference; but figured others might have a different opinion.

Three Mockups are provided in this google form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/163ecnSdYSwSaB-I-0fFrk_Q9Jlx5fkssWiLrLzTHVBE/edit?usp=sharing

Please use the form on google to submit your opinion so that I can keep track of the most popular style. Of course you can make comments here; I just can't guarantee they'll be reflected in the raw data.

My plan for these popcaps would be as follows:
1) CNCed out of 6061 Alumimum.
2) Anodized Black.
3) Laser etch the anodized black away to reveal the metal.
4) Each set would be three caps as oriented in the pictures below.
5) Each set would come with 3 of the custom brownout protected LED boards featured here:

(assuming I have resolved the remaining issues).
6) Each set would have Blue, Red, and Yellow backgrounds to diffuse the popcap LEDs (as pictured).

Here's the Prototype installed w/ 3D printed caps and laser cut acrylic backgrounds:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/15045903618/sizes/o/
Command / YellowCommand / Yellow

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/14963741046/sizes/o/
Science / BlueScience / Blue

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/14863533288/sizes/o/
Engineering / RedEngineering / Red

The Popbumper LED boards would look something like this:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/15229383911/sizes/o/
PopCap LED boardPopCap LED board
and would install like a bulb in the existing #555 socket. It would feature at least 10LEDs and feature brownout-protected constant brightness to keep the popcaps lit properly when the GI is active.

----
The absolute final batch of these Popcaps are now out-of-stock.

#4 9 years ago

The caps would be a SET of 3... one of each. No single type orders.

#11 9 years ago

Correct; the protos are 3dPrinted out of PLA and ABS.
The final parts would be CNCed out of aluminum so would have crisper lines and a better look, IMHO.
Anodized Black should really make them pop.

Also the lighting would be substantially improved given the custom light board.
I hope to have stern compatible boards installed this weekend.

Still waiting on final quotes for the Caps and just started the quoting process for the PCBs. Looking into acrylic for the backgrounds.

#12 9 years ago

I wasn't clear in my original message:
Each PopCap Set is made of three non-interchangeable pieces.

Command comes with a yellow acrylic background and mounts on the lower popbumper.
Science comes with a blue background and mounts on the left pop bumper.
Engineering comes with a red background and mounts on the right pb.

Why are they not interchangeable?
Each popbumper is angled funny in the PF CAD. If you look closely you'll see that the screws all mount at different angles to the PF.

Each PopCap will be CNCed so the "arrows" of the badges point in roughly the same direction. It'd look like ash if they pointed all squirrely. So each cap and background are custom for that specific bumper.

This is why I won't offer Sets of all command, or all engineering, or whatever.
I guess if someone REALLY wanted the same color backgrounds for all; I could accomplish that... but wouldn't fit with the uniform colors seen in the movie.

#18 9 years ago

J_m_,
Good point. I'll look and see if I can support this cheaply.

Pinmiser - make sure you fill out the google form if you haven't already.

#20 9 years ago

Responses have slowed - none over the past few days.
Bump

#23 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

1 week later
#30 9 years ago

Thread isn't dead... I'm still working to secure quotes for the machining.
It's taking a while to get all of these vendors speaking the same language. Lots of "we don't see the files". Simple stuff.
Got some quotes in now... I to ordering samples in the next week.

#32 9 years ago

Last night I submitted and order for a limited number of sets based upon the survey results received to date. The most popular choice was the Metallic Badges w/ Outlines... so those were ordered.
PopBumperCapsENGin.pngPopBumperCapsENGin.png

These were speced in T6061, CNCed, with Black Anodization. Final prep will be for the manufacturer to laser etch the grey areas.

I hope to have a sample set here in a few weeks. Once I have verified they meet my expectations / drawings; I'll post some real-life use examples for you guys to make informed decisions.

I'll know the pricing when I accept the sample set as "accepted for production".

I will be offering these for sale to the survey participators in order received with a 48hr first right of refusal... so you should still fill out the google survey if your interested. Once I exhaust the survey participators; I'll offer the remaining for sale here.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Did you decide whether this will only be available in the 3-color combo, or will all blue be an option?

I'm probably going to offer the blue combo as a pre-order option with an added surcharge as I'll have to order special blue sets from the laser cutter. Something reasonable like +$5.

#38 9 years ago

do you have to take apart anything to put these on? or are all the screws accessable?

Sadly yes.
You will have to remove the Vengeance to install the right most cap. The right most screw of that cap is actually under the Vengeance.

Depending on your patience level; you may be able to install the left most pop which is under the ?beta? ramp. Both screws have about enough clearance to get a single Philips bit under the ramp. Otherwise; you'll want to somewhat remove that ramp.

The center pop is easy and accessible.

Do you ship to Canada?

Contact me off forums when they go on sale (via email). I don't see any reason why I won't ship to Canada if the purchaser pays for shipping.

3 weeks later
#40 9 years ago

This manufacturer is taking a lot longer than their quoted 25days lead time... but I FINALLY got pictures of the sample they are sending me for inspection:
sample set pictures.jpgsample set pictures.jpg

I hope they shipped these today - and that I'll have them in a week or two.

#41 9 years ago

kinda surprised this hasn't been bumped... I thought you'd guys drooling over that picture. I think they look pretty damn good.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I'm late to the party, but they look awesome and I filled out the survey just to get on the list if there are any left for me..

Right now; there is a larger supply than survey demand. You're proally safe since you filled out the survey.

#53 9 years ago

Need final pricing from vendor before I can quote a price.

1 week later
#59 9 years ago

Incoming photo barrage as the samples arrived from overseas:

15638761350_2d146c5c4c[1].jpg15638761350_2d146c5c4c[1].jpg

Closeups:
15638764660_36780cc776[1].jpg15638764660_36780cc776[1].jpg
15638440217_73fa590c50[1].jpg15638440217_73fa590c50[1].jpg
15203637594_9b9874dc86[2].jpg15203637594_9b9874dc86[2].jpg

As discussed before; these are CNCed from 6061 Aluminum, Anodized black, and the laser etched to reveal the silver underneath the black.

#63 9 years ago

It was a cold night in the garage ... but I HAD to install these puppies to see how they look in the game! Out came the old 3D printed ones... I dissembled the ramp to install the Science cap.. The installed the Command cap.. and finally disassembled the Vengeance so I could install the Engineering Cap. In all it took about 1.5hrs to install and reassemble. I went to test the installation and noticed for some reason the blue LED isn't lighting under the Science cap. I'll have to look at this when I go back in for further testing. Anyway; here some installed pictures for you guys:

15637792759_83622134c7[1].jpg15637792759_83622134c7[1].jpg
15204181183_2f59302998[2].jpg15204181183_2f59302998[2].jpg
15638192698_067c876999[1].jpg15638192698_067c876999[1].jpg

So, What's left to do? I've already sent an email to have a limited quantity made to satisfy the survey participants + a little extra. Their quoted lead time is 25days; so "in theory" I should have these in stock right before xmas for presents to yourselves.

I have also received a quote for the acrylic needed for under these caps. I've went with a pre-frosted, matte acrylic that I don't yet have material for. I expect to get that material sometime late next week. I have the laser cutting files ready; so I should be able to cut in the next few weeks. I expect the yellow CMD acrylic to be more yellow-gold instead of the orange hue seen in the pictures. The Science acrylic is just too dark; so I've ordered a "teal" blue which is lighter and should allow more light to leave from under the science cap. The red isn't something I can influence ... unless you guys want pink.

I've now gotten enough data that says I should be able to get a set of these out to the pre-order list for under $75. I won't know the final price until the parts actually ship from the manufacturer - the remaining "open" is the shipping costs for the sets. The kit would come with the following:

1) 1 set of 3 different caps as pictured above. Science, Command, and Engineering. There are no options for all of the same cap. The Caps are not interchangeable. They are specific to the pop bumpers shown (angle of insignas all in the same direction).
2) 6 countersunk longer length screws to hold caps to the pop bumper.
3) 3 laser cut acrylic "undercaps". One of each in: Yellow-Gold, Teal, and Red. I do plan on offering all teal "undercaps" for interested parties for a small upcharge. Should be reasonable @<$5.

I do have one question for you guys.
These caps are designed for COMET'S low profile LEDs:
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdnw.htm
My plan is to have you guys directly source these LEDs from Art @ CometPinball.com. You'll need 3 of these for your kits.
Is that ok with everyone?
(Hint: there a "black friday" sale coming according to his site). I could source the LEDs for all the kits from Comet and include them in the kit; but it seems unnecessary other to avoid additional shipping charges.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Looks hot. So these are one piece then?

Nope - you beat me to my final update above. a Set of 6 pieces... see above.

Quoted from dug:

Looks good.... Price?

Same -beat me by a little bit. Price should be under $75 pending final shipping prices from overseas.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

What's that dark line on the on in the last picture?

I assume you are talking about the engineering cap; on the left side? That is a ledge where material is removed/cnced out so it fits under the USS Vengance without interference.

#72 9 years ago

I'm working to get the LEDs as part of the kit.

My led boards appear to heavily load sterns GI... Causing rgb malfunctions. I don't want complaints or to ship a problematic product.

#75 9 years ago

The interest list has grown tbh. I'm going to look at the list again tonight and see if I need to bump my initial order (if it's possible). If your thinking of ordering this ... please make sure you fill out the survey and provide an email address. That way I have a good judgement as to how many to order.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/163ecnSdYSwSaB-I-0fFrk_Q9Jlx5fkssWiLrLzTHVBE/edit?usp=sharing

I haven't talked to the CNC company about bumping the number... but If I have significant interest; it may be necessary.

#77 9 years ago

Right now - (in the survey responses spreadsheet) I have 22 yeses... and 13 maybes.
If that is accurate... and all of the maybes convert to yeses - I'll be near capacity for this run.
Since I'm funding the initial builds out of my pocket; I need the spreadsheet to be an indication of who wants in.

If you've filled out the survey with a "yes" and email thanks nothing needed from you.

If you're a maybe... fill it out again with a "yes" and an email. so I can ensure at least the "Yes"es have stock in the initial run.

I won't order *much* over the initial "yes"es so as more interested parties come on line; they may be out of luck... or at maybe pushed to a future order (if there is one). I don't want to be in a rationing situation... but at the same time; I don't want to be left with 20s++ of extra unsold stock.

#81 9 years ago

As an FYI:
I contacted the CNC shop and had them bump my order by another 28 sets. That should help cover initial interest. Those on the survey list w/ emails will get early notice when they go in stock.

Further; I will be working with Art @ Comet Pinball to get the LEDs here for the kits. It's only a matter of funding up front.

#84 9 years ago

Got Phantom and Aurich on the list - confirmed.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

They look great but I have to ask (and please do not be offended), why is the bottom/command one crooked? It really just doesn't look right when the other two are aligned.

Because that's the way I designed them. I didn't want the screw smack dab in the middle of the command insigna... and it looks better this way from a player's perspective.

1 week later
#92 9 years ago

Two nights at Techshop, laser cutting the acrylic discs:
1417844332148-452649479.jpg1417844332148-452649479.jpg

and pulling some custom packaging on the vacuum former. Test fits with acrylic and 3D printed samples:
1417847591009-1191742398.jpg1417847591009-1191742398.jpg

No real happy with the package pulls; but if it get them to their destination... I guess I can't complain.

CNC shops says; the 6061 AL disks have completed machining and are off to get anodized and laser etched.

#95 9 years ago

The triangle / diamond pieces are for the screws and LEDs. I'll proably poke holes in the Styrene and use plastic wire ties to secure the pieces during shipment.

The idea is rather than have a bunch of foam peanuts going everywhere... the parts just sit in these trays. They were designed to fit exactly in a small flat rate priority box. No fuss, no peanuts.

Overkill; yeah - probably. But right now (ignoring my time); I was able to pull about 24 packages from an $8 sheet of styrene in 2hrs. That's under $0.34/package. The boxes are free from USPS.

1 week later
#97 9 years ago

In Stock and ready to ship:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php?products_id=31

There is limited stock on these caps. First Come First Served. If I run out of stock and cannot fill your order; I will refund your Paypal transaction.

#100 9 years ago

working on install docs right now - no eta on completion.

#105 9 years ago

Mmmm.... Tasty:
sSTPCDSC_0523.jpgsSTPCDSC_0523.jpg
I just finished installing mine with the production UnderCaps while taking pictures for the install instructions.

IMHO: Cliffy's will be easier when the Vengeance is disassembled for the Engineering Cap.

Now... back to work for me!

#107 9 years ago

Installation instructions complete and are uploaded to the product page:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php?products_id=31

Feedback welcome. The instructions are LE specific which means they probably work as is for a Premium. I don't have access to a Pro; so can't verify accuracy of the instructions there. If some one wants to edit the instructions specific for a Pro; please PM me.

#108 9 years ago

All orders have shipped - Seeing USPS barcodes in my dreams now...

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey John, I think the pro is going to be a snap to install. Can't wait!

You lucky son-of-a....
It's NO WHERE near that easy on a LE.

Had about 6 delivered today according to Stamps.com.

#114 9 years ago

Aurich - so the caps came thru the system without issue?

I figured the foam "top cover" was necessary to keep them from being scratched by the top of the box. My index finger still hurts from all those twist ties. :ouch:

Did the LEDs and Nacelle mod stay in their pockets / under the tape?

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I saw a small amount of missing silver on the lower left of the cap for the yellow disc, at the tip of the insignia, but it's not an issue and may have just come that way from the factory.

It did - I must have missed it during my Out going quality check.
The subcontract and contractor missed significant Workmanship quality issues (I doubt they even checked). So far I've had to reject two dozen (24) caps because of various quality issues. This means limited quantities are available.

Quoted from Aurich:

I bet someone sells thin foam sheets in the right size for the priority flat rate box, just get something like that, skip the twist ties!

Thought about that. TBH tho; overseas shipments scare me. I wouldn't want to trust that something going "over the pond" wouldn't be shakened enough to cause issues.

#123 9 years ago

Thanks dug.
FYI: I go on "holiday" from Monday the 22nd to Tuesday the 30th.
During that time no Pinball-Mods.com orders will be sent during this time... I'll have to investigate a "vacation" module for my ecommerce site.

#125 9 years ago

They should be in a zip lock bag under the tray.

#129 9 years ago

In general; most of the parts are taped / twist tied inside pockets of the Vacuum formed packaging material. In all cases; the screws are in 1.5" baggies under the packaging. It's possible; I missed putting the screws in a package... but most should have them. Hopefully 100% got the screws as I usually check a couple of times before I seal the package/box.

In some cases; the LEDs are in a 1.5" baggie too... if the pockets of the packaging didn't pull quite right.

IF you have any issues with missing parts or problems with the product - feel free to contact me here via PM, post here, or use my contact link on the website.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Zitt, the packaging and product look spot on fantastic! Great job!!

Thanks - TBH; I'm quiet embarrassed by the vacuum packing - I should have been able to do better; but it seemed I was having either mold issues or equipment issues. However, I still think it's marginally better than Ziplock baggies and packing peanuts.

The product turned out better than I could have imagined. I'm quite happy with the way it presents itself on the machine.

#134 9 years ago

Sorry I missed the screws in yours. That's what happens when you have large numbers of orders to customize. Let me know if you want me to send them out.

#136 9 years ago

No one installed an all Blue cap set yet?
Was kinda expecting someone to post here this weekend.

Reminder: Pinball-Mods.com checkout will be disabled later tonight (monday 12/22) for the holiday.
If you want these caps over the next week or so - today is the last day to purchase.
Check will be re-enabled near the 30th of Dec.

#140 9 years ago

Rockrand... The only info I have is in the installation guide on the product guide.

#142 9 years ago

msj - still in stock. They are on First Come First Served allocation.
Right now; I'm not sure we'll be doing another run of these. Too many excuses from the CNC shop.

1 week later
1 week later
#148 9 years ago

I wonder how Comet's "ICE Blue" LEDs would look under the blue cap.
It'd have to be http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm without a lens in #555 to fit under the cap.

#151 9 years ago

:S I'm glad Art can't keep stock of this stuff.
I didn't want to offer blue LEDs as I haven't tried them. I personally like the way the 5SMD LEDs throw light to the side of the bulb. Helps give a more uniform light distribution under the cap.

Now if ART had an ICE Blue 5SMD; those would have defiantly been in the kit.

#152 9 years ago

Chris - your caps shipped / are at the Post office.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Clear is in stock and spreads the light better....Ill send some to John with next package
Without Lens, should arrive by the end of the month....

Art - I don't follow. Clear what is in stock? You mean Clear lens-ed?

Quoted from jonninemonic:

Man, the Engineering cap is a real pain to install (on the LE). Done it on two machines now.
They look great though! Thanks John!

Yeah ; those Pro owners sure got lucky with their installs.

Shay and Raymond; your PopCaps shipped today.

#160 9 years ago

Tom & Jay - your PopCaps shipped today via USPS Priority.

Art, Cool thanks.

I'm running low on pre-packaged stock. I need to go pull some more packing material at Techshop soon. Keep those orders coming ya'll.

See everyone at TPF'15... I'll be doing Star Trek row again.

#163 9 years ago

roc-noc, your popcaps are at the postoffice going out by two day Priority Mail.

All, I have two sets left... both are the standard kits without extra blues (already sealed for shipment).

3 weeks later
#165 9 years ago

Did I catch the plague or something?
My poor website is lonely - not a single order in over two weeks.
Or is the weather keeping everyone down?

1 week later
#166 9 years ago

10% discount with a matching 10% donation in honor of #LeonardNimoy to the COPD Foundation.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rest-in-peace-nimoy-sale

1 week later
#167 9 years ago

Warren, your caps are heading to the Postoffice as I type this.
Thanks!

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from jonninemonic:

just wanted to mention that your installations instructions were spot on.

Wow, thanks! Really appreciate it.

#171 9 years ago

Unacceptable. You are fired! Good day... I said good day, sir!

#175 9 years ago

I haven't made any specific plans to bring stock to TPF.
Truth be told - I have like 3 sets left. I don't think I'll have enough stock to do anything special.
If you want to arrange something specific - please PM me.

1 week later
#179 9 years ago

You are very welcome. Just did a major code rewrite to enable the Stern Star Trek WingLED kits. Check out
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php/products_id/2

I also spent wee hours of the morning at Techshop Friday night to "rework" some of the popcaps so they can be put up for sale. I'll probably add stock after TPF.

#180 9 years ago

Ron - Thank you for your PopCap order. I shipped it yesterday... you should see it in Canada soon.

2 weeks later
#181 9 years ago

FluffyBunny your popcaps were in Wed's USMail.

#183 9 years ago

They are still in stock; yes. They *were* out of stock; but I was able to rework some caps to fix some imperfections in the finish. I think after yours ships tomorrow; there will be like 4 sets left.

After that; it'll be months before I can get the bad parts re-anodized and re-laser etched.

1 week later
#193 9 years ago

As of earlier this week; the PopCaps are now out of stock. I simply do not have any quality parts available in quantity. Over the coming months; I will attempt to have the below quality standards parts re-anodized and then I'll laser etch them. I'll post here when they go back in stock.

4 weeks later
#194 8 years ago

My manufacturer is trying to convince me to order more parts from them as they have identified a good "etch supplier". I've basically told them I'd need to see them rework the "bad parts" so that I can see the quality of their work before I commit to additional sets.

I might be tempted to order some additional popcaps to increase the overall stock of the popcaps.

So; if you think you might be interested in ordering a set of these popcaps; please add yourself to the wait list so I can gauge the new interest level.

Please click the "Out of Stock, Get notified when re-stocked" Red text on the product page:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php/products_id/31

5 months later
#199 8 years ago

I am out of all seconds except one.
For those on the waitlist - I hope to have something for you in Dec just in time for your Christmas break pin-work.

1 week later
#202 8 years ago

Reposting #194:

If you think you might be interested in ordering a set of these popcaps; please add yourself to the wait list so I can gauge the new interest level.
Please click the "Out of Stock, Get notified when re-stocked" Red text on the product page:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php/products_id/31

Enter your name and email address and submit the popup forum.

3 weeks later
#203 8 years ago

Ya'll Ready?
Someone's at Techshop.ws... at 1:20am Sat morning... laser cutting some Blue Undercaps.
Wonder why?

#204 8 years ago

I have a limited stock of the PopCaps available at:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-stern-star-trek-popcaps-p-31.html

I have about 6 sets while I wait on screws to arrive from Georgia... expected tomorrow (Thursday) assuming UPS is ontime with their delivery. If they go out of stock tonight; feel free to re-add yourself to the waitlist; or wait until Friday when I can re-stock with the screws.

These are brandnew sets, not seconds.

#206 8 years ago

My pleasure... DavidP and PaulG will be dropped off at the postoffice shortly.
UPS delivered the screws today; so instock -in volume.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-stern-star-trek-popcaps-p-31.html

2 weeks later
#210 8 years ago

WTF!?
This is the first time I've heard of someone needing to cut anything off the cap to get the vengeance to re-install.
Makes me wonder if Stern had a change in assemblies... or some other manufacturing excursion.

Also; the red cap shouldn't have been any thicker than the existing plastic cap Stern provided; something seems off.

Has anyone else had to do this?!

#212 8 years ago

By threaded bit... do you mean the Threaded Rivet nuts?
http://www.grainger.com/category/rivet-nuts/thread-insert/fasteners/ecatalog/N-8o5
Those are the only threaded parts I can remember from my disassembly.

I'm assuming that Stern may have "substituted" longer rivet nuts at some point.

I am sorry you had to cut the cap; but glad you found a solution. I'm hoping not too many of these exist in the wild.

2 months later
2 months later
#217 7 years ago

MichaelR of Austraila,
Your popcap kit went out in today's mail. I dropped it off at the postoffice myself.

bonanza,
Your PopCaps, Green Laser, and Warp Ramp LED are packed and will go out via Priority Mail tomorrow. Thanks!

Bumping for the new Star Trek owners.

2 months later
#218 7 years ago

Chad, Your popcaps shipped via priority mail.

2 weeks later
2 months later
#221 7 years ago

On the fence about getting these for your Stern Star Trek? Now thru Nov 10th; take advantage of our GoVote16 sale at Pinball-Mods.com.

3 weeks later
#222 7 years ago

Less than 6hrs left to get your 16% site-wide discount on these Popcaps and other Stern_Star_Trek items.
16% off expires at midnight Cyber Monday (in ~6hrs).

11 months later
#223 6 years ago

These Popcaps are eligible for our Black Friday 16% off Sale while supplies last. Discount does not apply to shipping.

Must Enter Discount Code: BF2017

2 weeks later
2 years later
#225 4 years ago

The Stern PopCaps for Star Trek are on sale during our Star_Trek: Picard salethru 1/27/20.

8 months later
#226 3 years ago

Over the last 6 years; I've personally packed near 200 sets of these Stern Star Trek popcap kits.
Tonight; I sold the last set. A long road; but I know a lot of you are enjoying them on your games.

We have about 10 sets of defective caps we are going to try and get anodized so they can be re-laser etched. There is no guarantee this will be successful. There is NO ETA on if/or when these refurbished caps will be available. If they are successfully recovered; then we'll be offering them on a First Come-First Served basis to those on our waitlist. Once those are gone; these will only be available second-hand on actual machines.

Want on the Wait list? click the red link on our product page to add your email address to that list.

10 months later
#228 2 years ago

The absolute final batch of these Popcaps are now in stock.

When I say limited; I mean limited. 6 complete sets left (after waitlist) and 3 partial sets. These are being sold on a first come first sold basis, limit one per customer. When they are gone... there will be no more.

I expect to have a run on this final stock. If I over sell due to website issues; you'll be given a refund.

1 week later
#230 2 years ago

Correct. The vendor who made these fired themselves by making crap product for my stng popcaps.

I have 3 sets left.

1 month later
#234 2 years ago

The full sets are now out of stock.
Only 3 partial sets remain.

11 months later
#235 1 year ago

These are now officially and forever, out of stock as the last partial set was purchase by Peter a few minutes ago.
They will not be restocked given the age of the machine and the fact that Stern has retired the product as well.

I might be convinced to make the 3D parts available for a fee on Shapeways - but would need quite a bit of interest to do so. You WOULD NOT be able to download the 3D files... only order parts like so:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/YWQZ2EUJV/sstpopcap-science
I would also have to figure out how to make the undercaps available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.