image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_0585.JPG
image.jpg
st_caps.jpg
20141226_160646.jpg
WP_20141218_01_19_28_Pro.jpg
IMAG0309.jpg

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago

Mine should be here in about a week. they look great.

#102 9 years ago

Has anyone ever seen anything done as well as this?

I havent!

John....you went above and beyond in creating an amazing product..!!!

I am humbled...Amazing!

#103 9 years ago

I'm in! Can't wait to get them installed.

#104 9 years ago

I'm due to tear the game down and install the plastic protectors, Cliffy's, and probably white rubber. These caps come at perfect timing!

#105 9 years ago

Mmmm.... Tasty:
sSTPCDSC_0523.jpgsSTPCDSC_0523.jpg
I just finished installing mine with the production UnderCaps while taking pictures for the install instructions.

IMHO: Cliffy's will be easier when the Vengeance is disassembled for the Engineering Cap.

Now... back to work for me!

#106 9 years ago

Ordered tonight. Thanks!

#107 9 years ago

Installation instructions complete and are uploaded to the product page:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php?products_id=31

Feedback welcome. The instructions are LE specific which means they probably work as is for a Premium. I don't have access to a Pro; so can't verify accuracy of the instructions there. If some one wants to edit the instructions specific for a Pro; please PM me.

#108 9 years ago

All orders have shipped - Seeing USPS barcodes in my dreams now...

#109 9 years ago

Looks like mine arrived today.
I think I'll do the instructions in reverse order and start with yellow one tonight...

#110 9 years ago

Very excited to get mine, thanks for making these available. I ordered the all blue set as it goes better with overall look I have going on the machine... Thx for processing this so quickly hopefully it will arrive before xmas... Will let you know what I think when I install them...

#111 9 years ago

Hey John, I think the pro is going to be a snap to install. Can't wait!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey John, I think the pro is going to be a snap to install. Can't wait!

You lucky son-of-a....
It's NO WHERE near that easy on a LE.

Had about 6 delivered today according to Stamps.com.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Had about 6 delivered today according to Stamps.com.

I got mine.

The styrene packaging was a great touch man. Now to just find the time to deal with the install since I don't have the Pro ...

#114 9 years ago

Aurich - so the caps came thru the system without issue?

I figured the foam "top cover" was necessary to keep them from being scratched by the top of the box. My index finger still hurts from all those twist ties. :ouch:

Did the LEDs and Nacelle mod stay in their pockets / under the tape?

#115 9 years ago

Everything appears to have arrived safely. I saw a small amount of missing silver on the lower left of the cap for the yellow disc, at the tip of the insignia, but it's not an issue and may have just come that way from the factory. Anyway I installed just that one since weeknights are tight on time, and, wow, awesome! Sure makes the stock covers look like junk. Kudos to Zitt, this looks really nice. Can't wait to get the other two installed. Haven't done the nacelles yet.

IMAG0305.jpgIMAG0305.jpg

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Aurich - so the caps came thru the system without issue?
I figured the foam "top cover" was necessary to keep them from being scratched by the top of the box. My index finger still hurts from all those twist ties. :ouch:
Did the LEDs and Nacelle mod stay in their pockets / under the tape?

Everything seems to be fine and in place. I bet someone sells thin foam sheets in the right size for the priority flat rate box, just get something like that, skip the twist ties!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I saw a small amount of missing silver on the lower left of the cap for the yellow disc, at the tip of the insignia, but it's not an issue and may have just come that way from the factory.

It did - I must have missed it during my Out going quality check.
The subcontract and contractor missed significant Workmanship quality issues (I doubt they even checked). So far I've had to reject two dozen (24) caps because of various quality issues. This means limited quantities are available.

Quoted from Aurich:

I bet someone sells thin foam sheets in the right size for the priority flat rate box, just get something like that, skip the twist ties!

Thought about that. TBH tho; overseas shipments scare me. I wouldn't want to trust that something going "over the pond" wouldn't be shakened enough to cause issues.

#118 9 years ago

OK, I'm convinced, order placed, can't want to see them in person.

#119 9 years ago

Order placed! Thanks Zitt.

#120 9 years ago

Got mine today too. THANKS! Having a pinball party this Saturday, I need to get these installed.

#121 9 years ago

Success! I cheated on the blue cap install. With the ramp lifted up but optos still connected, I used a phillips drill bit to reach under there and get to the screws. On the red cap install, the biggest problem for me was re-installing the screw between the Alpha ramp and the vengeance. Dropped it a couple times, lost it, and then used a computer screw (for motherboard mounts) as a replacement. Same size, slightly bigger head. Also, the clear plastic that sits above the -21 plastic really bends to an extreme over the pop cover. In the install pics, that plastic has been cut. I should probably do the same.

IMAG0309.jpgIMAG0309.jpg

#122 9 years ago

Damn those look awesome.... great work Zitt

#123 9 years ago

Thanks dug.
FYI: I go on "holiday" from Monday the 22nd to Tuesday the 30th.
During that time no Pinball-Mods.com orders will be sent during this time... I'll have to investigate a "vacation" module for my ecommerce site.

#124 9 years ago

Zitt, were the screws supposed to be in the package? They look very good.

#125 9 years ago

They should be in a zip lock bag under the tray.

#126 9 years ago

Found them. They were stuck to the adhesive of the box. Thanks

#128 9 years ago

WHEW is right! I thought I was missing the screws also. Went back and looked and found the little baggie stuck inside the Priority Mail box.

#129 9 years ago

In general; most of the parts are taped / twist tied inside pockets of the Vacuum formed packaging material. In all cases; the screws are in 1.5" baggies under the packaging. It's possible; I missed putting the screws in a package... but most should have them. Hopefully 100% got the screws as I usually check a couple of times before I seal the package/box.

In some cases; the LEDs are in a 1.5" baggie too... if the pockets of the packaging didn't pull quite right.

IF you have any issues with missing parts or problems with the product - feel free to contact me here via PM, post here, or use my contact link on the website.

#130 9 years ago

Zitt, the packaging and product look spot on fantastic! Great job!!

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Zitt, the packaging and product look spot on fantastic! Great job!!

Thanks - TBH; I'm quiet embarrassed by the vacuum packing - I should have been able to do better; but it seemed I was having either mold issues or equipment issues. However, I still think it's marginally better than Ziplock baggies and packing peanuts.

The product turned out better than I could have imagined. I'm quite happy with the way it presents itself on the machine.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm quite happy with the way it presents itself on the machine.

Now that is what I am wanting to see!!

#133 9 years ago

Installed:

WP_20141218_01_19_28_Pro.jpgWP_20141218_01_19_28_Pro.jpg

Although I did not find the screws in mine.....had some on hand though.

Also, on the Pro it looks like the far left one really could use a full coat since you can see the whole top of it.

#134 9 years ago

Sorry I missed the screws in yours. That's what happens when you have large numbers of orders to customize. Let me know if you want me to send them out.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sorry I missed the screws in yours. That's what happens when you have large numbers of orders to customize. Let me know if you want me to send them out.

Nah...no biggie, I happened to have some on hand so no worries.

#136 9 years ago

No one installed an all Blue cap set yet?
Was kinda expecting someone to post here this weekend.

Reminder: Pinball-Mods.com checkout will be disabled later tonight (monday 12/22) for the holiday.
If you want these caps over the next week or so - today is the last day to purchase.
Check will be re-enabled near the 30th of Dec.

#137 9 years ago

I have all 3 blue but am having a time getting under the vengeance,any tricks or tips

#138 9 years ago

No #missingScrewGate here. Arrived fine under the plastic molding!

#139 9 years ago

Thanks for creating these Zitt! Order placed!

#140 9 years ago

Rockrand... The only info I have is in the installation guide on the product guide.

#141 9 years ago

Are any of these kits still available or have they all been spoken for? I would like one or get on a list for the next batch. Thanks

#142 9 years ago

msj - still in stock. They are on First Come First Served allocation.
Right now; I'm not sure we'll be doing another run of these. Too many excuses from the CNC shop.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

msj - still in stock. They are on First Come First Served allocation.
Right now; I'm not sure we'll be doing another run of these. Too many excuses from the CNC shop.

Well I think they are great and can't wait to get them installed this weekend. Finally taking down the game to add all the new stuff. Thanks Zitt!!

#144 9 years ago

Got mine installed as well ( I had the all blue). I put the white LED's that came with it, but then decided to try some blue ones instead. They are not as bright as I only had the 1 SMD blue's on hand.

BTW the packaging was excellent.

Thanks Zitt

20141226_160646.jpg20141226_160646.jpg
#146 9 years ago

I'll take one but I don't need the nacelles as I have purchased them separately already. BTW, I am not looking forward to installing that top left pop bumper cap again!

#147 9 years ago

Finally got around to finishing the install on mine and they look fantastic. I did make one small change though. I ordered the red, yellow, blue colors and it came with 3 white LED's. I though the blue science cap looked a little too whitish so I replaced the white LED under it with a blue one. My LED wasn't quite as bright as the others but I like the deeper blue color.

st_caps.jpgst_caps.jpg

Thanks for making such a cool looking mod Zitt.

1 week later
#148 9 years ago

I wonder how Comet's "ICE Blue" LEDs would look under the blue cap.
It'd have to be http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm without a lens in #555 to fit under the cap.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I wonder how Comet's "ICE Blue" LEDs would look under the blue cap.
It'd have to be http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm without a lens in #555 to fit under the cap.

I have the full blue set just installed and the white LED's are okay, but I bet they would look 10x better with blue LED's, STLE is a real pain to change out so I may not go this route anytime soon. Thanks for making these caps they are a big improvement over the originals...

#150 9 years ago

the ice blue no lens, wedge is out of stock, will have to keep checking

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
4,849 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carson City, NV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.