I'm interested in seeking fellow pinhead's opinion on which popcap style is the most desired. I have my preference; but figured others might have a different opinion.
Three Mockups are provided in this google form:
Please use the form on google to submit your opinion so that I can keep track of the most popular style. Of course you can make comments here; I just can't guarantee they'll be reflected in the raw data.
My plan for these popcaps would be as follows:
1) CNCed out of 6061 Alumimum.
2) Anodized Black.
3) Laser etch the anodized black away to reveal the metal.
4) Each set would be three caps as oriented in the pictures below.
5) Each set would come with 3 of the custom brownout protected LED boards featured here:
(assuming I have resolved the remaining issues).
6) Each set would have Blue, Red, and Yellow backgrounds to diffuse the popcap LEDs (as pictured).
Here's the Prototype installed w/ 3D printed caps and laser cut acrylic backgrounds:
The Popbumper LED boards would look something like this:
and would install like a bulb in the existing #555 socket. It would feature at least 10LEDs and feature brownout-protected constant brightness to keep the popcaps lit properly when the GI is active.
In Stock and ready to ship:
There is limited stock on these caps. First Come First Served. If I run out of stock and cannot fill your order; I will refund your Paypal transaction.
Post edited by Zitt: in stock update