(Topic ID: 239305)

Opinion: Which non-licensed theme should Stern do next?

By marcand

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bobukcat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2019-03-26 22_44_13-Internet Pinball Machine Database_ Bally 'Skateball' Images - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    A1CA4563-C2C3-4179-991E-8A15B9FDDC43 (resized).jpeg
    0F39F0E1-C6A2-48F0-A939-35E58EC3FE23 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randomguyoffcl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

The entire point of a non-licensed theme is to have creative freedom, all you're asking for is more rehashing of safe and familiar things.
    So my vote is none of them. Has pinball really gotten so dull that we can't possibly consume it without having the theme pre-chewed for us? Let's at least be better in our aspirations.
    Black Knight looks great, good familiar territory, not mad. But I'd be sad if recycling the 90s was the only path forward beyond bands and movies and comic books and TV shows.
    The theme I want is the one I didn't know I even wanted, because it didn't exist until it was unveiled, ready to bring me into a new world. Last new game I bought was TNA, if I bother buying new again it's going to be something actually new, not something nostalgic. I realize I'm probably too close to alone in that to be catered to, bring on the licenses and remakes. But I'll keep my wallet closed for them.

How bout rock climbing?

I just watched on nat geo some eerily creepy white dude with soulless black eyes climb up a mountain with no ropes and didn’t give a shit if he fell while his girlfriend was a crying mess...

So the game would have an ascending climber over the shooter lane similar to corvette, but over a mountain sculpt.

All correctly hit shots climb you higher, misses make you slip, and missing timed hurry up shots have you fall to your death.

Camera in backbox places your photo on headlines and Time magazine if you conquer...or an obit if you fail

Too grim?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randomguyoffcl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-which-non-licensed-theme-should-stern-do-next?tu=randomguyoffcl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.