3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DugFreez
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Any opinions? OK. It's a pretty touchy subject asking my opinion on those "New and Improved" speaker light knock offs (*cough*cough*) I mean speaker lights. I'm holding a lot back here, but....

SAM & SPIKE 1: They look fine.
    SPIKE 2: Ummm...Not so much...Have you seen them in a SPIKE 2 game?

Also, you shouldn't think of those RGB controllers as MUSIC activated. They are SOUND activated. So any music, callouts or coils firing in the game (and sometimes a game next to it) will trigger the controller. I've never thought the sound activated controllers were well suited for use in pinball machines. I sell the sound controllers myself and let people know my opinion of them on my website, just so they know what they can expect with them. The sound controllers do offer the sound triggering and some of the same effects and transitions as the standard RGB controllers have, but they lack the ability to create and save your own custom shades of color and have a much more limited selection of static colors to pick from.

Having said all of that, those light kits should look fine in the SAM (and Whitestar) games that you mentioned.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the Original PINBALL Speaker Light Kit)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-wanted-cointaker-speaker-light-kit-stern-spike?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.