(Topic ID: 303539)

Opinion time...Invisi-Glass or VooDoo?

By NovaCade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70D8E885-1519-4672-AE69-E70F1C79F89C (resized).jpeg
    20220508_204357 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204342 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204314 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204251 (resized).jpg
    5C1201A1-FC50-4FC2-B1E3-F4D3B922FDBB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballizfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Seems like the consensus on the PDI vs other brands is still holding true - PDI is superior, but not really enough for the added cost. I am probably passing on the PDI this time, while agreeing it likely is better than the others.
    The Invisi-glass and VooDoo seem neck and neck. And with them being the same price to the penny, can't even separate them by cost right now. I'd hate to default on a tie to their logos lol (VooDoo takes it there).
    I can't imagine either will leave me unhappy

I have PDI and invisiglass that came on machines when I bought them. PDI is clearly better, but I wouldn't buy a sheet its too much money. Invisiglass is second and I wouldn't buy that either. Just get normal tempered and save the money for another game or maintenance costs. People buying expensive glass might as well just light the money on fire.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Interesting point, so when you say just get tempered, do you mean have someone cut me a piece by the dimensions? Will that be anti-glare? Side by side there is a huge difference between the factory standard stern glass and any of the choices we have been discussing.
    And thanks for weighing in!

Standard tempered is what games normally come with. It works fine and its cheap. The anti glare stuff does work but its so stupidly expensive its not worth it. You can go to a glass shop and get a regular sheet for $30 by me. anti glare is not worth 10X the cost. I'll keep it if it comes on a game. I'd never light that much money on fire for so little benefit. If you have even reasonable lighting the glare isn't an issue anyway. DMD games get a glare guard to stop the low angle reflection from the DMD. Don't light you backglass like your using it to signal aliens and you eliminate a lot of glare. Like I said it does work, it looks good when clean. Its not $300 worth of stuff you are paying to not look at.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

I mostly disagree with this assessment (but not completely). If you are budget conscious and/or play games in area's with no glare, I can see why you'd take this position. I'm sure that there are some less costly things you can do to improve upon the glare but the convenience of having invisglass is a big plus.
    Depending on how you play your games, invisiglass can be a must (if you want no glare), as it is in my case. The improvement in my small game room is dramatic. After getting my first game with it, I switched all of my set-up games to invisiglass.
    In addition, I have not paid $300 for invisiglass for a long time. You will probably be able to find a good deal like Cointaker's Black Friday sale on two pieces that they had last year. Sure it's an added cost. If given a choice between a topper and invisiglass, I'd take the invisiglass every time even if the costs were similar. Same goes for mirrored backglasses. All of these extra's are nice bit the invisiglass actually improves the gameplay.

I wouldn't take the glass or topper, neither does a thing for helping the game play. I'd hold the several hundred toward maintenance or another game. 10 games with overpriced, unneeded, (but nice) glass, or the better part of 3K to get another game? I'll take the game every time. you can run track lighting cheaper than a piece of glass. Then you can put your overheads behind the player so there is no overhead glare. the only glare then is the backbox. Glare from a window, close the blinds/drapes.

1 month later
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from RKip455:

LOLOL... Pin Stadiums and Voodoo (or the others) glass are the best to mods you can buy IMHO!

its your opinion, but its a bad one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballizfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-timeinvisi-glass-or-voodoo?tu=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.