(Topic ID: 303539)

Opinion time...Invisi-Glass or VooDoo?

By NovaCade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70D8E885-1519-4672-AE69-E70F1C79F89C (resized).jpeg
    20220508_204357 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204342 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204314 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204251 (resized).jpg
    5C1201A1-FC50-4FC2-B1E3-F4D3B922FDBB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorditas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago

I have both Voodoo and Invisiglass. If they are the same price, I prefer the finish of Invisiglass. I think that it might be slightly more durable. My last shipment of Voodoo had one sheet scratched. Melissa replaced it without question.

6 months later
    #56 1 year ago
    Quoted from WW2GURU:

Can anyone comment on the glass thickness of the various brands? I didn’t want to start another thread about the same products but this is also a pretty old thread.
    I was recently sold a machine locally that was reported to have Invisiglass in the ad and I’m now wondering if it actually is. I never thought to scrutinize the details of the glass as I was way more worried about the playfield and boards and that the game played. It’s an STTNG and I was worried it would be a basket case and glass was way down the list. But after having various sheets next to each other now I’m worried. It’s not 3/16ths thick like the PDI glass I have, it’s only 1/8th and flimsy. The edges are somewhat jagged, the reflection wobbles when looking down it’s length and I can’t see which side is the anti glare. The guy I got the machine from bought it this way from another guy whom I do have contact information for. I’ll go down that road if I have to.
    Picture of PDI next to this “invisiglass”[quoted image]

Doesn't sound or look like the Invisiglass I have. Dimensionally, the sheets i have are identical to standard glass. The edges are very square and uniform in appearance. One corner of every sheet I have is etched with the name.

#68 1 year ago

I have both types, both are etched.

20220508_204251 (resized).jpg20220508_204251 (resized).jpg20220508_204314 (resized).jpg20220508_204314 (resized).jpg20220508_204342 (resized).jpg20220508_204342 (resized).jpg20220508_204357 (resized).jpg20220508_204357 (resized).jpg
    #77 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Related question: On sheets that have no markings (like the first two Voodoo sheets sent to me by Cointaker), is there any way of knowing which side of the glass is UP/Out and which is Down/IN?? Without any marking, the sides both look the same. When looking straight on, at an angle, etc. the glass looks identical to me.
    Does it matter how I install it?

I don't think it matters, marked or not. I only use the markings to keep the same orientation every time. You could do the same thing with a small marker dot, under the lockdown bar.

3 months later
    #87 1 year ago
    Quoted from upsfeedr:

just got my voodoo glass and it has no markings on it at all.. does it get installed a certain way?
    since its not a great difference

The coating is on both sides, so no.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorditas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-timeinvisi-glass-or-voodoo?tu=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.