(Topic ID: 303539)

Opinion time...Invisi-Glass or VooDoo?

By NovaCade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70D8E885-1519-4672-AE69-E70F1C79F89C (resized).jpeg
    20220508_204357 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204342 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204314 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204251 (resized).jpg
    5C1201A1-FC50-4FC2-B1E3-F4D3B922FDBB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Voodoo or Invisiglass. You should be happy with either one.
    I have machines with each kind (and PDI), and honestly can’t tell a difference

Same. I have machines with both and I really can't tell the difference. They both make it look like there isn't even any glass there. At least from the right angle and distance.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

I wouldn't take the glass or topper, neither does a thing for helping the game play. I'd hold the several hundred toward maintenance or another game. 10 games with overpriced, unneeded, (but nice) glass, or the better part of 3K to get another game? I'll take the game every time. you can run track lighting cheaper than a piece of glass. Then you can put your overheads behind the player so there is no overhead glare. the only glare then is the backbox. Glare from a window, close the blinds/drapes.

I'd argue invisiglass actually DOES affect play. You are looking through it everytime you play a game. It's a luxury, but I wouldn't equate it to a topper at all. It's not necessary for sure, but it is nice to have.

Also, I only have a couple sheets, but I simply rotate them from game to game as I sell pins and get new ones. I keep my invisiglass when I sell, and just put the regular glass back in when the time comes.

5 months later
    #74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Both of those glasses are sprayed optical coatings and will fade over time. PDI glass is the only glass that is not sprayed, it is dipped and etched. In tests PDI out performed outer glasses.
    http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html?msclkid=3a8e1f81cf3d11ecb656bc9b5113fe70

So I've heard you repeat many times.

Any data or evidence to back this up? Any reports of Voodoo, Magic, OR Stern HD glass clarity fading over time from actual users?

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from WW2GURU:

Well I looked for some etching. Looks like I got a $10 sheet of garbage for my troubles. I guess it is tempered though . Thanks guys for all the extra info and pics to confirm.
    [quoted image]

Also, if the game has actual invisi/HD glass, you'll know. It's very apparent. Looking down toward the flippers it should basically look like there isn't any glass on the game at all.

There's no mistaking it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-timeinvisi-glass-or-voodoo?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.