(Topic ID: 303539)

Opinion time...Invisi-Glass or VooDoo?

By NovaCade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70D8E885-1519-4672-AE69-E70F1C79F89C (resized).jpeg
    20220508_204357 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204342 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204314 (resized).jpg
    20220508_204251 (resized).jpg
    5C1201A1-FC50-4FC2-B1E3-F4D3B922FDBB (resized).jpeg
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from RKip455:

LOLOL... Pin Stadiums and Voodoo (or the others) glass are the best to mods you can buy IMHO!

its your opinion, but its a bad one.

#52 2 years ago

Glad someone picked up on that.
    Colordmd Is the best mod. But that's my opinion

3 months later
    #53 2 years ago

What do you guys do with your regular glass when you upgrade to voodoo/invisiglass etc? I just bought a 2-pack of voodoo and really like it. Considering slowly upgrading my other pins to it but don't really want half a dozen pieces of regular glass in the closet. Is it recyclable? Give it away for free?

2 weeks later
    #54 2 years ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

What do you guys do with your regular glass when you upgrade to voodoo/invisiglass etc? I just bought a 2-pack of voodoo and really like it. Considering slowly upgrading my other pins to it but don't really want half a dozen pieces of regular glass in the closet. Is it recyclable? Give it away for free?

offer it up to local pinball owners. there's always someone that needs a sheet a glass. if your old sheets look like new (no scratches), most people wouldn't bat an eye and might even flip you $10 per sheet of glass. that's still cheaper than purchasing it at a show.

1 month later
    #55 1 year ago

Can anyone comment on the glass thickness of the various brands? I didn’t want to start another thread about the same products but this is also a pretty old thread.

I was recently sold a machine locally that was reported to have Invisiglass in the ad and I’m now wondering if it actually is. I never thought to scrutinize the details of the glass as I was way more worried about the playfield and boards and that the game played. It’s an STTNG and I was worried it would be a basket case and glass was way down the list. But after having various sheets next to each other now I’m worried. It’s not 3/16ths thick like the PDI glass I have, it’s only 1/8th and flimsy. The edges are somewhat jagged, the reflection wobbles when looking down it’s length and I can’t see which side is the anti glare. The guy I got the machine from bought it this way from another guy whom I do have contact information for. I’ll go down that road if I have to.

Picture of PDI next to this “invisiglass”

5C1201A1-FC50-4FC2-B1E3-F4D3B922FDBB (resized).jpeg5C1201A1-FC50-4FC2-B1E3-F4D3B922FDBB (resized).jpeg
    #56 1 year ago
    Quoted from WW2GURU:

Can anyone comment on the glass thickness of the various brands? I didn’t want to start another thread about the same products but this is also a pretty old thread.
    I was recently sold a machine locally that was reported to have Invisiglass in the ad and I’m now wondering if it actually is. I never thought to scrutinize the details of the glass as I was way more worried about the playfield and boards and that the game played. It’s an STTNG and I was worried it would be a basket case and glass was way down the list. But after having various sheets next to each other now I’m worried. It’s not 3/16ths thick like the PDI glass I have, it’s only 1/8th and flimsy. The edges are somewhat jagged, the reflection wobbles when looking down it’s length and I can’t see which side is the anti glare. The guy I got the machine from bought it this way from another guy whom I do have contact information for. I’ll go down that road if I have to.
    Picture of PDI next to this “invisiglass”[quoted image]

Doesn't sound or look like the Invisiglass I have. Dimensionally, the sheets i have are identical to standard glass. The edges are very square and uniform in appearance. One corner of every sheet I have is etched with the name.

#57 1 year ago

Does not look like real Invisiglass from your picture. In one of the corners there is an etching into the glass, different from what’s etched into standard sheets. So that’s one trick, the other would be to see the colors of light reflected from above. My Invisiglass makes my recessed lighting look almost blue when I’m at full power.

#58 1 year ago

Oh, the invisglass has their name etched on the edge? I didn't know that. This nicely finished edge in the picture is the PDI glass which I got from Nitro at a show. This scabby piece is the "Invisiglass". I don't think this jagged edge is representative of what tempered glass would look like.

#59 1 year ago

Yeah both Voodoo and Invisiglass have their name etched in the lower right corner. On a related note, I don't think Stern HD glass has any markings anywhere. I could be wrong though or maybe I didn't look close enough.

#60 1 year ago

What is the current retail price for a piece of widebody invisiglass? Id like to get that posted on this thread as I direct the related parties to this conversation later.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

Yeah both Voodoo and Invisiglass have their name etched in the lower right corner. On a related note, I don't think Stern HD glass has any markings anywhere. I could be wrong though or maybe I didn't look close enough.

My voodoo glass has no name etching.

#62 1 year ago

Interesting..... I have about 20 sheets of Voodoo and all have the name etched in 1 corner.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Interesting..... I have about 20 sheets of Voodoo and all have the name etched in 1 corner.

Let me take a closer look. I thought mine were etched when I bought them a few years ago.

#64 1 year ago

Just double checked...both ends of the playfield glass...no voodoo markings....

Makes me wonder now if Chris & Melissa sent me 2 sheets of regular glass?...oh well, if they did, that was a few years ago...

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

Just double checked...both ends of the playfield glass...no voodoo markings....
    Makes me wonder now if Chris & Melissa sent me 2 sheets of regular glass?...oh well, if they did, that was a few years ago...

I’ve done a bit more than a couple of transactions with a Chris and Melissa, never an issue, I would be amazed if you got regular glass. Did you pull the glass to check or do it while installed? Mine can’t be seen unless the lockdown is removed and the glass is slid down a bit. And even then it’s small still.

**i will double check later to be 1000% sure my voodoo is etched but I am pretty sure

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

I’ve done a bit more than a couple of transactions with a Chris and Melissa, never an issue, I would be amazed if you got regular glass. Did you pull the glass to check or do it while installed? Mine can’t be seen unless the lockdown is removed and the glass is slid down a bit. And even then it’s small still.
    **i will double check later to be 1000% sure my voodoo is etched but I am pretty sure

I pulled the glass out.

#67 1 year ago

all of my invisiglass is clearly marked.

#68 1 year ago

I have both types, both are etched.

20220508_204251 (resized).jpg20220508_204251 (resized).jpg20220508_204314 (resized).jpg20220508_204314 (resized).jpg20220508_204342 (resized).jpg20220508_204342 (resized).jpg20220508_204357 (resized).jpg20220508_204357 (resized).jpg
    #69 1 year ago

I'm curious about American Pinball's Magic Glass. I have a Houdini Deluxe on deposit that should come with it installed.

I currently have Vodoo, Invisiglass, and Stern HD glass. I think all 3 look great. I think Voodoo is my favorite if I had to choose. I do want to try PDI one of these days. Everytime I check the site it's out of stock.

#70 1 year ago

I have received 3 sheets of Voodoo from Cointaker within the last year. Two of them have NO markings, and the most recent one DOES! Maybe they have changed?

#71 1 year ago

Both of those glasses are sprayed optical coatings and will fade over time. PDI glass is the only glass that is not sprayed, it is dipped and etched. In tests PDI out performed outer glasses.

http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html?msclkid=3a8e1f81cf3d11ecb656bc9b5113fe70

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

I'm curious about American Pinball's Magic Glass. I have a Houdini Deluxe on deposit that should come with it installed.
    I currently have Vodoo, Invisiglass, and Stern HD glass. I think all 3 look great. I think Voodoo is my favorite if I had to choose. I do want to try PDI one of these days. Everytime I check the site it's out of stock.

I have two sheets of magic glass. Can’t really tell the difference between my sheet of pdi. Other that yea the smoothed edged on the pdi are choice. You won’t be disappointed!

#73 1 year ago

I have Stern and Voodoo, the Voodoo seems a little clearer.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Both of those glasses are sprayed optical coatings and will fade over time. PDI glass is the only glass that is not sprayed, it is dipped and etched. In tests PDI out performed outer glasses.
    http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html?msclkid=3a8e1f81cf3d11ecb656bc9b5113fe70

So I've heard you repeat many times.

Any data or evidence to back this up? Any reports of Voodoo, Magic, OR Stern HD glass clarity fading over time from actual users?

#75 1 year ago

I have all of them and I honestly think PDI is the best, but VOODOO is nearly as good and for a much better price.

#76 1 year ago

Related question: On sheets that have no markings (like the first two Voodoo sheets sent to me by Cointaker), is there any way of knowing which side of the glass is UP/Out and which is Down/IN?? Without any marking, the sides both look the same. When looking straight on, at an angle, etc. the glass looks identical to me.

Does it matter how I install it?

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Related question: On sheets that have no markings (like the first two Voodoo sheets sent to me by Cointaker), is there any way of knowing which side of the glass is UP/Out and which is Down/IN?? Without any marking, the sides both look the same. When looking straight on, at an angle, etc. the glass looks identical to me.
    Does it matter how I install it?

I don't think it matters, marked or not. I only use the markings to keep the same orientation every time. You could do the same thing with a small marker dot, under the lockdown bar.

#78 1 year ago

I have an example of each on my games. I think voodoo is better.

#79 1 year ago

Just talked w/ cointaker. The older voodoo glass had no markings. My voodoo glass was purchased in Nov. 2019

#80 1 year ago

Well I looked for some etching. Looks like I got a $10 sheet of garbage for my troubles. I guess it is tempered though . Thanks guys for all the extra info and pics to confirm.

70D8E885-1519-4672-AE69-E70F1C79F89C (resized).jpeg70D8E885-1519-4672-AE69-E70F1C79F89C (resized).jpeg

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from WW2GURU:

Well I looked for some etching. Looks like I got a $10 sheet of garbage for my troubles. I guess it is tempered though . Thanks guys for all the extra info and pics to confirm.
    [quoted image]

Also, if the game has actual invisi/HD glass, you'll know. It's very apparent. Looking down toward the flippers it should basically look like there isn't any glass on the game at all.

There's no mistaking it.

3 weeks later
    #82 1 year ago

i've upgraded all my pins to Voodoo/Invisiglass/Stern HD.

Anyone in San Diego interested in my standard old glass sheets for free? I have about 6 left.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

i've upgraded all my pins to Voodoo/Invisiglass/Stern HD.
    Anyone in San Diego interested in my standard old glass sheets for free? I have about 6 left.

I just upgraded my Twilight Zone glass to PDI glass (love it!). If someone in San Diego wants a sheet of regular wide body glass for free, drop a note (we can have a glass give away party solid_snake !)

#84 1 year ago

I purchased 2 sheets of PDI glass a few years back at the chicago expo and have used one sheet in a game so far (metallica).

the glass is truly eye-opening amazing, however it does appear to be very easily subject to scratching easily and I'm careful with my games. they remain covered when not in use, I use a light swiffer to remove any surface dust before cleaning with a new micro-fibre cloth and the cleaning fluid that I purchased with the glass.

I just wish that the coating was a bit more resilient.

2 months later
    #85 1 year ago

just got my voodoo glass and it has no markings on it at all.. does it get installed a certain way?

since its not a great difference

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

AP Magic Glass is just as good as VG and IG. I have all three. AP has a slight blue tint. VG and IG seem to be green tint.

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from upsfeedr:

just got my voodoo glass and it has no markings on it at all.. does it get installed a certain way?

The coating is on both sides, so no.

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from upsfeedr:

I think it makes a huge difference in my opinion but I will say depending on the lights in your game room (and other things that might impact the glare) your mileage may vary on whether it’s a good value to your situation. I remember when I opened my JJP Guns & Roses my wife thought the games glass wasn’t installed it was so clear.

#89 1 year ago

This thread should have had a poll

1 year later
    #90 7 months ago

This sounds crazy,…
    But try polarized lenses sunglasses!!!
    IT WORKS.
    It cuts out the glare just as if you were looking at the ocean.
    You’ll see me at the pinball shows wearing them.
    Be sure to say hi!

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-timeinvisi-glass-or-voodoo/page/2?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.