Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by bonzo442
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 25 days ago

Hey All!

Looking for a quick show of hands on which one you all prefer. Currently CoinTaker has Invisi-Glass and VooDoo both listed at the same price. None of my machines have anti-glare/upgraded glass but I want to try it on my TMNT first. Votes? Thoughts? Anyone's input is greatly appreciated.

#2 25 days ago

PDI is the best but a little more expensive.

https://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

#3 25 days ago

So I have heard of them before. I was reading through one of the other posts in here comparing PDI vs Stern Glass vs Invisi-Glass vs VooDoo. It seemed the general consensus was PDI was better, but most didn't think it was so much better to be worth the increased cost. Do you agree with that or in your opinion does PDI really standout against the competitors that much?

Thanks so much for taking time to weigh in!

#4 25 days ago

I had PDI once, and I will grant that it is probably better than the other 2 you mentioned (have had both of them).

However to ME, it is not worth the price difference, especially if you have to have it shipped! Cointaker frequently runs specials on the Voodoo glass and I've pretty much made it my go-to glass at this point.

#5 25 days ago

PDI is for sure better but not sure it warrants the price increase over the others.

#6 25 days ago

The sheets of PDI I have also have sanded/smoothed edges or whatever it’s called. It’s a nice touch.

#7 25 days ago

In my direct comparison voodoo glass reduced glare a little more than invisiglass.

#8 25 days ago

American Pinball's Magic Glass is nice.
    I only can compare it to woz next to my Houdini.
    The woz invisglass and Magic glass to my eyes look identical.

#9 25 days ago

Seems like the consensus on the PDI vs other brands is still holding true - PDI is superior, but not really enough for the added cost. I am probably passing on the PDI this time, while agreeing it likely is better than the others.

The Invisi-glass and VooDoo seem neck and neck. And with them being the same price to the penny, can't even separate them by cost right now. I'd hate to default on a tie to their logos lol (VooDoo takes it there).

I can't imagine either will leave me unhappy

#10 25 days ago
    Quoted from spidey:

In my direct comparison voodoo glass reduced glare a little more than invisiglass.

Thanks for weighing in! You are one of the first people I got to speak to who has both. If I can ask, are there any major differences? Etchings on glass or super sharp edges on one vs the other?

#11 25 days ago

Voodoo or Invisiglass. You should be happy with either one.

I have machines with each kind (and PDI), and honestly can’t tell a difference

#12 25 days ago

as long as you can see thru it !

#13 25 days ago

I have all the different brands in my house PdI is the best but all are very close and whatever you can get the best deal on I'm sure you will be quite happy with...

#14 25 days ago

Maybe try a piece of each to see for yourself .....you won't be disappointed with any of them

#15 25 days ago

I have both Voodoo and Invisiglass. If they are the same price, I prefer the finish of Invisiglass. I think that it might be slightly more durable. My last shipment of Voodoo had one sheet scratched. Melissa replaced it without question.

#16 25 days ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Seems like the consensus on the PDI vs other brands is still holding true - PDI is superior, but not really enough for the added cost. I am probably passing on the PDI this time, while agreeing it likely is better than the others.
    The Invisi-glass and VooDoo seem neck and neck. And with them being the same price to the penny, can't even separate them by cost right now. I'd hate to default on a tie to their logos lol (VooDoo takes it there).
    I can't imagine either will leave me unhappy

I have PDI and invisiglass that came on machines when I bought them. PDI is clearly better, but I wouldn't buy a sheet its too much money. Invisiglass is second and I wouldn't buy that either. Just get normal tempered and save the money for another game or maintenance costs. People buying expensive glass might as well just light the money on fire.

#17 25 days ago

Last year cointaker had a good Black Friday sale price on invisiglass. I’d suggest waiting until then and see if they do it again.

#18 25 days ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe try a piece of each to see for yourself .....you won't be disappointed with any of them

That’s the eventual plan. But I was interested in everyone’s preference/experience…also, thanks for weighing in!

#19 25 days ago
    Quoted from Tortelvis:

Last year cointaker had a good Black Friday sale price on invisiglass. I’d suggest waiting until then and see if they do it again.

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely check them out on Black Friday. Who knows maybe that will give me an excuse to get a couple pieces.

#20 25 days ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

I have PDI and invisiglass that came on machines when I bought them. PDI is clearly better, but I wouldn't buy a sheet its too much money. Invisiglass is second and I wouldn't buy that either. Just get normal tempered and save the money for another game or maintenance costs. People buying expensive glass might as well just light the money on fire.

Interesting point, so when you say just get tempered, do you mean have someone cut me a piece by the dimensions? Will that be anti-glare? Side by side there is a huge difference between the factory standard stern glass and any of the choices we have been discussing.

And thanks for weighing in!

#21 25 days ago

Putting invisiglass/voodoo glass on a pinball machine is one of the best add ons you can do. A lot has to do with the lighting environment your games are in. I have both and I can not tell any appreciable difference.

#22 25 days ago

The invisiglass has a smoother finish around the edges. Voodoo is completely squared off.

#23 24 days ago

They are all good. Go with the best price. I have IG and MG. Both good. They are directly under 4 foot florescent lights. No glare.

#24 22 days ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Interesting point, so when you say just get tempered, do you mean have someone cut me a piece by the dimensions? Will that be anti-glare? Side by side there is a huge difference between the factory standard stern glass and any of the choices we have been discussing.
    And thanks for weighing in!

Standard tempered is what games normally come with. It works fine and its cheap. The anti glare stuff does work but its so stupidly expensive its not worth it. You can go to a glass shop and get a regular sheet for $30 by me. anti glare is not worth 10X the cost. I'll keep it if it comes on a game. I'd never light that much money on fire for so little benefit. If you have even reasonable lighting the glare isn't an issue anyway. DMD games get a glare guard to stop the low angle reflection from the DMD. Don't light you backglass like your using it to signal aliens and you eliminate a lot of glare. Like I said it does work, it looks good when clean. Its not $300 worth of stuff you are paying to not look at.

#25 22 days ago

Standard tempered is what games normally come with. It works fine and its cheap. The anti glare stuff does work but its so stupidly expensive its not worth it. You can go to a glass shop and get a regular sheet for $30 by me. anti glare is not worth 10X the cost. I'll keep it if it comes on a game. I'd never light that much money on fire for so little benefit. If you have even reasonable lighting the glare isn't an issue anyway. DMD games get a glare guard to stop the low angle reflection from the DMD. Don't light you backglass like your using it to signal aliens and you eliminate a lot of glare. Like I said it does work, it looks good when clean. Its not $300 worth of stuff you are paying to not look at.

I mostly disagree with this assessment (but not completely). If you are budget conscious and/or play games in area's with no glare, I can see why you'd take this position. I'm sure that there are some less costly things you can do to improve upon the glare but the convenience of having invisglass is a big plus.

Depending on how you play your games, invisiglass can be a must (if you want no glare), as it is in my case. The improvement in my small game room is dramatic. After getting my first game with it, I switched all of my set-up games to invisiglass.

In addition, I have not paid $300 for invisiglass for a long time. You will probably be able to find a good deal like Cointaker's Black Friday sale on two pieces that they had last year. Sure it's an added cost. If given a choice between a topper and invisiglass, I'd take the invisiglass every time even if the costs were similar. Same goes for mirrored backglasses. All of these extra's are nice bit the invisiglass actually improves the gameplay.

#26 22 days ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

I mostly disagree with this assessment (but not completely). If you are budget conscious and/or play games in area's with no glare, I can see why you'd take this position. I'm sure that there are some less costly things you can do to improve upon the glare but the convenience of having invisglass is a big plus.
    Depending on how you play your games, invisiglass can be a must (if you want no glare), as it is in my case. The improvement in my small game room is dramatic. After getting my first game with it, I switched all of my set-up games to invisiglass.
    In addition, I have not paid $300 for invisiglass for a long time. You will probably be able to find a good deal like Cointaker's Black Friday sale on two pieces that they had last year. Sure it's an added cost. If given a choice between a topper and invisiglass, I'd take the invisiglass every time even if the costs were similar. Same goes for mirrored backglasses. All of these extra's are nice bit the invisiglass actually improves the gameplay.

I wouldn't take the glass or topper, neither does a thing for helping the game play. I'd hold the several hundred toward maintenance or another game. 10 games with overpriced, unneeded, (but nice) glass, or the better part of 3K to get another game? I'll take the game every time. you can run track lighting cheaper than a piece of glass. Then you can put your overheads behind the player so there is no overhead glare. the only glare then is the backbox. Glare from a window, close the blinds/drapes.

#27 22 days ago

This is a different strokes for different folks things it seems.

I am personally not a topper person. Especially with TMNT being a thousand bucks. Screw that.

I got my hands on some machines this weekend and was able to flip some balls. There were a few LE’s and some JJP titles. The glass was so clear I thought I could have touched the playfield. Blew my pro out of the water. Also decided this weekend that a shaker motor is on the shortlist as well.

I’m going to hold off until Black Friday to see if they drop lower, but I think for me, that’s an upgrade that seems worthwhile. Plus I can always swap the glass to another machine if I sell or trade.

#28 22 days ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Voodoo or Invisiglass. You should be happy with either one.
    I have machines with each kind (and PDI), and honestly can’t tell a difference

Same. I have machines with both and I really can't tell the difference. They both make it look like there isn't even any glass there. At least from the right angle and distance.

#29 22 days ago

I wouldn't take the glass or topper, neither does a thing for helping the game play. I'd hold the several hundred toward maintenance or another game. 10 games with overpriced, unneeded, (but nice) glass, or the better part of 3K to get another game? I'll take the game every time. you can run track lighting cheaper than a piece of glass. Then you can put your overheads behind the player so there is no overhead glare. the only glare then is the backbox. Glare from a window, close the blinds/drapes.

I'd argue invisiglass actually DOES affect play. You are looking through it everytime you play a game. It's a luxury, but I wouldn't equate it to a topper at all. It's not necessary for sure, but it is nice to have.

Also, I only have a couple sheets, but I simply rotate them from game to game as I sell pins and get new ones. I keep my invisiglass when I sell, and just put the regular glass back in when the time comes.

#30 22 days ago

I prefer VooDoo Magic Glass

2 weeks later
    #31 7 days ago

Whats the price to look for on a 2 pack of voodoo or invisiglass?

#32 6 days ago
    Quoted from JoeHog:

Whats the price to look for on a 2 pack of voodoo or invisiglass?

I’ve been hawking them for weeks. Currently both are priced the same. 250 for a single and about 499 for a double. I’ll pull the trigger once I see Friday’s prices.

#33 6 days ago

Voodoo is currently $469.95 on their web site for a pair.

#34 6 days ago

Just noticed this, but it is $499.95 for a double set for a widebody, and $469.95 for the standard.

#35 6 days ago

All non glare glass is a sprayed on optical coating except for PDI glass which is dipped and etched. One of the huge differences is optical sprayed coatings fade over time, PDI glass does not.

#36 5 days ago

$419.99 Black Friday deal at Cointaker for. Voodoo 2 pack.

#37 5 days ago

They are now backordered

#38 5 days ago

I'm just glad I could order these during the sale. I don't mind waiting. The wait will be worth it. =)

#39 5 days ago

Wish they had a discount on widebody. Ordered 6 sheets.

#40 5 days ago

Grabbed some sheets of voodoo last week. Looks pretty good to me, have a game beside my jjp gnr which is invisiglass and I can’t tell the difference.

Great mod imo if you have the extra cash plus you can just switch in the tempered when you sell your game.

#41 5 days ago

Voodoo glass is superior to invisiglass. Voodoo glass is coated on both sides.

#42 5 days ago

I disagree. It is one of my favorite mods.

I like PDI glass. The key is to buy 2 sheets at once in order to save a little on shipping. They do an amazing job shipping glass to minimize the chance that it will be damaged.

Others have mentioned it but they sand, bevel (and perhaps oil) the edges. It is a nice touch and likely reduces the chance that it will ever shatter.

#43 3 days ago

What is the recommended water/alcohol mix for cleaning?

#44 3 days ago
    Quoted from amxfc3s:

Really best to just buy a bottle of Sparkle (the purple stuff).

#45 3 days ago
    Quoted from amxfc3s:

I fill a spray bottle half distilled water and other half with 99% medical grade isopropyl alcohol. Been using this on stern HD glass, works great. You can get distilled water at any supermarket and order the 99.9% alcohol from Amazon.

#46 3 days ago
    Quoted from PinBallinOnBudge:

I fill a spray bottle half distilled water and other half with 99% medical grade isopropyl alcohol. Been using this on stern HD glass, works great. You can get distilled water at any supermarket and order the 99.9% alcohol from Amazon.

I do the same with PDI. Works great.

#47 8 hours ago

I received my first order of Voodoo today and it’s great. It’s at least as good as the invisiglass I’ve been using and maybe even slightly better looks wise. The edges are square on it and it would be nice if they were rounded off, but that really isn’t a big deal. I’ll be buying more.

#48 8 hours ago

Too bad it’s so loud else I’d go with no glass

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside