Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GrimDog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

That's why I bought it as my first pin. Most other current <=$6K NIB pins were rock music themes or mature TV shows that wouldn't have gone over well at my house. Ghostbusters was an alternative, but the Star Wars theme/music and LCD edged it out for me. Loving it so far, but don't have any previous pin ownership to compare to. Just thought I would share this perspective.

#2 6 years ago

Aren't Pros less than $6K?

#3 6 years ago

it is his first. Most get robbed on the first one . Or Inflated price..i hope he has a premium if he paid over 6

#4 6 years ago

$6K was referring to MSRP, to avoid comparing differing street prices. Luckily I didn't pay MSRP. Most places I contacted quoted around between 10% and 15% off MSRP with free shipping.

#5 6 years ago

Congrats on your first pin! Star Wars Pro is a great choice. I agree that it is the best choice for a family title under $6K NIB currently. Ghostbusters is great too but it can be a bit brutal for beginners. My guess is it won't be long before pin# 2 follows. -Guardians of the Galaxy Pro or TNA would look awfully nice next to it

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

it is his first. Most get robbed on the first one . Or Inflated price..i hope he has a premium if he paid over 6

Seriously, why the negativity. SprSnc congrats on your first NIB. You and your family will have fun with this pin and it is a great first NIB. To all those who want to criticize the price, value, quality, etc, please start another thread and bash away. People who actually are excited about pinball can avoid that thread then. Please don't try to justify any opinion that is negative...just let people enjoy the hobby.

#7 6 years ago

Congrats, I was only able to play a few games, what to play it more seemed awesome.

#8 6 years ago

It's a great choice for a first pin, congrats! Mine is still the most played game in my collection a couple months in

#9 6 years ago

Good choice SW over GB for sure.

#10 6 years ago

Could you name me 1 other family friendly 6k NIB pin? The Jetsons maybe? But thats it. Not much competition atm.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Could you name me 1 other family friendly 6k NIB pin?

Jetsons.

#12 6 years ago

Star Trek Pro was still available NIB box (<$6K) when I made my purchase. Seemed very similar in terms of play to Star Wars, so I went with the theme I preferred and LCD. One thing I'm liking about the pin is that there seems to be a shot to aim for at every angle, so it will force me to learn to use all parts of both flippers.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Seriously, why the negativity. sprsnc congrats on your first NIB. You and your family will have fun with this pin and it is a great first NIB. To all those who want to criticize the price, value, quality, etc, please start another thread and bash away. People who actually are excited about pinball can avoid that thread then. Please don't try to justify any opinion that is negative...just let people enjoy the hobby.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Seriously, why the negativity. sprsnc congrats on your first NIB. You and your family will have fun with this pin and it is a great first NIB. To all those who want to criticize the price, value, quality, etc, please start another thread and bash away. People who actually are excited about pinball can avoid that thread then. Please don't try to justify any opinion that is negative...just let people enjoy the hobby.

I took PinFever's comments as positive and looking out for the OP. He was merely saying that he hopes the OP didn't overpay but if he/she did that it was understandable if they were a noob.

Then you come along. With your your little politically correct comment policing the situation. So why don't you take your opinion elsewhere? All you are doing is bitching and calling someone out who was trying to be nice in the first place.

#15 6 years ago

My kids preferred Metallica over SW

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 21.50
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-star-wars-is-the-best-current-nib-family-friendly-pin-for-6k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.