(Topic ID: 26394)

Opinion poll: buy more pins, or spend $50/month @ Silverball Museum?

By Prmailers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinster68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“$50/ month for unlimited play @ The Silverball Museum (Asbury Park, NJ)”

• Yes 20 votes
      53%
    • No 12 votes
      32%
    • Who cares... 6 votes
      16%

(38 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

For $50 a month, you can play as much as you can handle. No worries about repairs, cleaning, etc.

Thinking about it.

(Will probably acquire more pins as time goes on anyway, but curious to know others opinion)

#2 11 years ago

I think we need more information. How many games do they have there? Are they generally up and playable?

I'd pay that, if they had at least 30 quality games with a continuing commitment to rotating titles in and out, and it was within 15 minutes of my house. I guess I'd also expect them to bring in whatever was the latest game from each manufacturer.

How much does it cost to bring my 10 yr. old?

#3 11 years ago

what games do they have?
    quality?
    do they rotate stock?

#4 11 years ago

If this was just down the street it might be a great thing. But if it's 10 minutes or more I say buy more pins and enjoy em at home.

#5 11 years ago

I spent the whole day there in August....lot of old games..all in good shape....had a great time.
    From what remember, afm, tz, mm, tom, dm, jd, ij, fh, ...sh t actually its a fairly good line up.
    Got my initials on an afm

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#6 11 years ago

Good questions. Here's some info.

With the $50 monthly pass, you can bring 1 guest for free, additional guests are 1/2 price.

I think kids under 12 are free, at least on Tuesday.

I was there last week, and most of the games are in pretty good shape. TSPP was down, but when I mentioned it to the manager, he got right on it and had it up and running again in about 10 minutes.

Here's a link to the list of pins:

http://silverballmuseum.com/about/pinball-machines

One thing that six is that the food there is kinda pricey.

Other than that, it wasa great time.

I'm heading there tomorrow...

#7 11 years ago

ideal situation, take advantage of it.

why buy, when you can rent for dirt cheap.

#8 11 years ago

Talked to the folks at Silverball last week. They have a WOZ on order. Wish they had some of the newer Sterns, but as a "museum" I guess it's going to take a while before they show up.

#9 11 years ago

Didn't know they ordered a woz. I've been playing email tag with jack about stopping by to sneak a peak at it, but the stars haven't aligned yet...

#10 11 years ago

These are not mutually exclusive. If I was anywhere near the place I'd do it, and still buy machines. I need my favorite machines that i can focus on and play whenever I want, so I need to own...but $50 a month all you can play - and bring a friend! - is one of the biggest no brainers of all time.

#11 11 years ago

$50? I spend that in a weekend at Pinball Wizard. I must be the best customer.

#12 11 years ago

If I lived close by and had no pins, yes I would do the $50.00 a month pass!

I currently have room for 7 pins of my own so I would most likely go there every 2 weeks and get the 2 hour pass for $15.00, but you would have to open one in Boise, Idaho.

Ken

#13 11 years ago

Play there, because it gives you a "third space" that's not the house, etc. Then, when you get bored you can work on your home collection, but in a more meaningful way with games that are personally significant to you. I just looked at the game list, and it's a definite go...I would do it at least for a couple months.

#14 11 years ago

Reminds me I'm over due for a trip down. It's about 90 minutes from me. I say $50 is great bang for the buck if you're in state and fixing to OD on pinball. Go Silverball!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-poll-buy-more-pins-or-spend-50month-silverball-museum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.