• 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by shacklersrevenge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

What is your opinion on Bally's World Cup Soccer pin? Idea of value? Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Pretty decent game. Challenging and a lot of fun.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I really like it and it seems to go over really well with about any skill level of player. Around here, there's been some nice quality examples going in the $1450-1650 range.

#4 6 years ago

I f'ing hate the rollovers in the middle of the playfield. Ugh.

#5 6 years ago

I LOVE wcs. It has such a great mix of simplicity and depth. The initial goals are obvious, but for more advanced players, getting to the final round is a serious challenge. Great flow, cool ramp shots. Good sense of humor. I don't care at all about soccer but its one of my favorite games.

#6 6 years ago

Solid fun game. Great bang for buck

#7 6 years ago

One of the best "bang for your buck" 90's DMD's out there.

It's a crowd favorite and seems to appeal to everyone from pure beginners to seasoned players.

Not real deep, but getting to the final against Germany is always intense.

I have no plans to ever sell mine.

I'm probably biased on value since I own one and condition is everything but clean and working 100% it's a $1800-$2200 pin all day long.......get a clean one for less than that and you did great.

#8 6 years ago

I think WCS is fun. I'm like many others that are not into soccer but hearing GOALLLLL is good for the pinball ego.

#9 6 years ago

Excellent game. Fun. Fast. Nowadays, arguably the best bang for the buck Williams game. Love the old school rollovers unlike someone else here. Only thing I don't care for is the manually activated magnasave by the left flipper... I love magnets but haven't seen anyone actually get any meaningful use out of it. An interesting idea that I'm not convinced worked out. Still it's easy to just ignore it and the rest of the game is great fun.

#10 6 years ago

I love this game (minus the stupid dog)! I've been on the lookout to buy one for the past couple of months, but to no avail.

#11 6 years ago

Really fun family friendly game. Great theme and even my 2 year old understood the basic objectives. Doesn't stand well on its own (in a single game collection) but is very complementary in multi-game collections.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Excellent game. Fun. Fast. Nowadays, arguably the best bang for the buck Williams game. Love the old school rollovers unlike someone else here. Only thing I don't care for is the manually activated magnasave by the left flipper... I love magnets but haven't seen anyone actually get any meaningful use out of it. An interesting idea that I'm not convinced worked out. Still it's easy to just ignore it and the rest of the game is great fun.

Funny....I use that magna save all the time. You just have to know when to use it. Ball moving fast....forget about it. But when it takes a funny roll off those roll overs and isn't moving all that fast the magna save works every time.

#13 6 years ago

I owned it for a while and really enjoyed it. Playing in the World Cup gets the adrenaline rushing and manually plunging the balls during that mode is awesome!

#14 6 years ago

It's awesome. It has three very well risk/reward balanced objectives. And the secret to this is actually proper adjusted multi-ball jackpot values. Ultra modes are the straight up scoring. But risky as points go to bonus. And the World cup final is all or nothing.

It will be hard for me to part with when time comes.

BTW. Anybody have a clue what the voice call says when the kickback caroms all the way to the goal?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

It's awesome. It has three very well risk/reward balanced objectives. And the secret to this is actually proper adjusted multi-ball jackpot values. Ultra modes are the straight up scoring. But risky as points go to bonus. And the World cup final is all or nothing.
It will be hard for me to part with when time comes.
BTW. Anybody have a clue what the voice call says when the kickback caroms all the way to the goal?

Something about a Bicycle Kick I think.

I agree with the $1800-2200 range for a nice clean one. $1400-1600 for routed/unshopped

#16 6 years ago

It's a good family pin as those that just want a little play can just go for the goal and be happy about scoring, then those that want a deeper game go through and try and get to the world cup final.

The only thing I don't like about it is the noise from the spinning soccer ball motor, might be okay if you have the volume cranked up but mines pretty low and the motor is sooo loud.

#17 6 years ago

"They cant seem to get control of the ball."

#18 6 years ago

I like it a lot. It's one I wish I had in the stable.

#19 6 years ago

Added in the last few months, grandchildren love it.

#20 6 years ago

I'd buy one.

#21 6 years ago

I like to play it more than any of the pins on the current top 10 lists. Larry DeMar is awesome. I sold it once and had to buy it again within a year. LOVE the rollovers, they're a cool throwback feature. I use the magna-save during almost every game. very fun underrated game. I have it setup brutal for myself but my gf and other non pinball guests still love to play it.

#22 6 years ago

Great game. It appeals to multiple skill levels but gets pretty easy once you've had it for a while. I still enjoy it for the music, light show, and Popadiuk's signature smooth shots. Guests go right for it and really enjoy it - even if they just shoot at the goal over and over again!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Solid fun game. Great bang for buck

Agreed. Lots of fun, good flow, and can be had at a great price.

#24 6 years ago

$2000-$2400 sells for but not worth it in my book,

#25 6 years ago

I love WCS-
This pin allways brings me back- and for me beating the world cup final is challenging. It is never leaving my house.

#26 6 years ago

Love it. Didn't plan on liking it, played it at a show while waiting for something else, and liked it so much I pretty much bought it on the spot. It's not going anywhere either.

Some bad things are the ramps are pretty much impossible to find right now, the rims of the saucers in the playfield are subject to wear, and the yellows on the cabinet are often faded.

#27 6 years ago

Love mine and a soccer fan as well, defiantly not leaving the lineup ever...

#28 6 years ago

Its an ok game. I wouldn't want to own one though.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Funny....I use that magna save all the time. You just have to know when to use it. Ball moving fast....forget about it. But when it takes a funny roll off those roll overs and isn't moving all that fast the magna save works every time.

I just bought one, so I guess I'll have to work on learning how to use the magna.

#30 6 years ago

I always remember this being a fun pin to play back in my day around 95/96. I play soccer and enjoy. Might need to find one again someday to try out. What is meant by the roll overs on the game which I don't recall?

#31 6 years ago

Don't know of anything bad to say about it really, l've had a few of them. Really surprising it hasn't jumped more in price, it has terrific rules, fast, fun. The way you can stack your modes for huge bonus x at balls end is super addicting. l think l had 650 million in bonus once. Great spinner shot too, lt can orbit real fast from it right back to the left flipper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside