20210408_104613 (002) (resized).jpg
20210408_104617 (002) (resized).jpg
20210408_104627 (002) (resized).jpg
20210407_133758 (002) (resized).jpg
20210407_133749 (002) (resized).jpg
20210407_133611 (002) (resized).jpg
20210407_133604 (002) (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

So out of the blue I was contacted by someone on either pinside or pinball owners asking me if I would sell my Indy. Since it just sits here and I never use it, I said yes I would but I would want 12k for it. This is Canadian dollars. Call it about 9,500.00 USD. The guy ended up shooting me what I would call a low offer and I declined. So I thought if I'm willing to sell it to him, I might as well just sell it to anyone since it just sits here. Since I think it is beautiful and I don't need cash I'm not trying all that hard to sell. It is not perfect but pretty nice in my eyes. There is a small bit of wear on the corners of a few of the arrow inserts. Seems like that is a real big deal? Anyway, Let me know what you think of condition and value. BTW, I'm not creating this thread to sell the machine here as I won't ship unless the buyer arranges someone to come here and pack it up and hand me cash. See some of the details below. I don't get offended easily so have at it.

Machine is in beautiful condition. Plays good. No issues. Has a brand new cabinet and head by virtuapin. New cabinet decals. Tons and tons of new parts (Listed below). A couple of Led’s in flashers but that’s it. No color DMD. No pinsound.
New
Cabinet, Head and decals.
Side rails
Lockdown bar
Backbox hinges and bolts
Powder coated gun (Black)
Power coated coin door (Black)
Legs, Levelers and bolts
Flipper buttons
Start button
Playfield glass
Translight glass
Apron painted with new decals
A few new plastics (Don’t remember). None chipped or broken
Idol ruins plastic
All star posts
Rubber
White plane
Metal habitrail ramps power coated blue
*I’m sure I’m missing something

20210407_133604 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133604 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133611 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133611 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133749 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133749 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133754 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133754 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133758 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133758 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133820 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133820 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133824 (002) (resized).jpg20210407_133824 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104556 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104556 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104603 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104603 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104613 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104613 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104617 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104617 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104627 (002) (resized).jpg20210408_104627 (002) (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

If Lethal weapons are selling for 3500 now, then yeah I think your indy is worth 9500.

#3 3 years ago

Beautiful game...sell Harley instead, that game sucks!

#4 3 years ago

I like Harley because it is still basically brand new. HUO with only 300 plays and I like the way it looks. I have ac/dc as well so I am going to keep and few for my basement.

#5 3 years ago

was thinking of selling mine as well ... looking to trade for original MM
sorry to steal OPs thunder

#6 3 years ago

No thunder here. We are good. I was thinking of trading mine for a metallica pro but I don't really play pinball much any more. I bet I have played 30 games of pinball in the last year. I think I enjoyed fixing them more than playing but now you can't buy anything for a decent price to fix up.

#7 3 years ago

I think 9500 US is a somewhat reasonable price. I could see 8500-9000 too. If it had a colordmd I bet you'd get 9500 with ease.

Like others have mentioned though, with prices the way they are I don't think 9500 is too crazy. Certainly not enough for people to beat you up about. List it for sale, and it'll either sell for that or sit for a bit. Its a desirable game so now is your best chance.

#8 3 years ago

It's a nice looking Indy but at 9,500 USD it is overpriced. People love to price pump this game (wait until the owners get here), but I wouldn't come anywhere near that price for an Indy.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

It's a nice looking Indy but at 9,500 USD it is overpriced. People love to price pump this game (wait until the owners get here), but I wouldn't come anywhere near that price for an Indy.

Indy is the highest value original 90s game in my opinion.

The theme is one of the best in licensed pinball, and there is zero chance this game ever gets remade. It's also a ton of fun.

#10 3 years ago

pinside estimated value 7200-8100. There you go.

#11 3 years ago

Pinside value does not dictate the price of my machine. Not saying it is more or less but comes down to condition thats why I'm asking opinions and have pics.

#12 3 years ago

It's a beautiful example of the game, but in my opinion I have no idea why you would powdercoat over those beautiful brass habitrails. That's an extremely personal choice and brings the value of the machine down a bit, or at least severly limits the pool of people who would be interested in your game.

#13 3 years ago

I can't stand brass anything. Those can be redone with any finish

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmith:

Pinside value does not dictate the price of my machine. Not saying it is more or less but comes down to condition thats why I'm asking opinions and have pics.

Pinside value is simply a calculation based on what games a cross a range of conditions have actually sold for. You are free to list your game at whatever price you deem fair. Why don't you list at your asking price and see if it sells? You can always lower the price...

#15 3 years ago

Yea it's crazy how people will "hey, are you interested in selling xxx?" and then try and lowball you. All I can think of is that it must occasionally work...

I would say $9500USD is a fair price given todays market...

Jaz

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmith:

I can't stand brass anything. Those can be redone with any finish

Understood. But you asked about value and I think unless you find someone that also likes blue powdercoated habitrails, you'll have to find someone willing to redo them...and that costs money. Which means a potential buyer will factor that into his offering price, which lowers the value.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

pinside estimated value 7200-8100. There you go.

Low as always.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Understood. But you asked about value and I think unless you find someone that also likes blue powdercoated habitrails, you'll have to find someone willing to redo them...and that costs money. Which means a potential buyer will factor that into his offering price, which lowers the value.

Have to give Boob an LOL here.

So I wont be lambasted for non constructive conversation, don't take any low ball offers. I hate that used car salesman mentality in this hobby.

For whatever reason, the Indy's have been selling for a lot lately. Wait until the correct buyer comes along.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#19 3 years ago

I get that the blue habitrails may detract from the price. That is fine with me. Thats why I posted a description and pictures to get a idea of the true value the way it is. Again I'm not that concerned if it sells or not. It looks pretty.

#20 3 years ago

Yeah, personally I don't like the blue. It doesn't even match the color scheme of the game.

Personally, that's at least a $500 hit to the price in my eyes to either replace them or remove the powdercoat and redo the brass.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, personally I don't like the blue. It doesn't even match the color scheme of the game.
Personally, that's at least a $500 hit to the price in my eyes to either replace them or remove the powdercoat and redo the brass.

I am in this boat as well. It has an amateur restoration with random blue habit rails? It has no high dollar mods. It has blown inserts. IJ can pull 9500, but I'd be expecting more at that price.

#22 3 years ago

It is what it is

#23 3 years ago

We are starting to get to the point where I wonder what the price would be for my newly restored HEP IJ?

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

We are starting to get to the point where I wonder what the price would be for my newly restored HEP IJ?

I put 17k all in on mine (game, Mike Chestnut brass/nickel plating, HEP, Pinsound, etc., etc.). Had to pay 2k for Chris to put in a NOS playfield (no idea how he got that). But it's my all time favorite and I know it won't ever go anywhere so it was worth the cost for me.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I put 17k all in on mine (game, Mike Chestnut brass/nickel plating, HEP, Pinsound, etc., etc.). Had to pay 2k for Chris to put in a NOS playfield (no idea how he got that). But it's my all time favorite and I know it won't ever go anywhere so it was worth the cost for me.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I had assumed they would sell in the $13k- 15K range, but now that seems low.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah, that sounds about right. I had assumed they would sell in the $13k- 15K range, but now that seems low.

I think an HEP would definitely be around $15k. Again...I knew I was burning money when I did it and would never recoup my loss, but with IJ it didn't matter to me since I didn't plan to sell.

#27 3 years ago

It looks pretty nice to me. I would bet it will sell fairly quickly somewhere between 8k-9.5k. If it has color dmd, towards the higher end of that scale.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

List it for $9500 and I bet it sells in a few days, it’s a nice example of a great game that would be selling at a time when a $250 Stern topper is bringing $2500

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Indy is the highest value original 90s game in my opinion.
The theme is one of the best in licensed pinball, and there is zero chance this game ever gets remade. It's also a ton of fun.

Totally agree

#30 3 years ago

I have no opinion on the price just here to say god those are some crystal clear photos of your game and playfield. So many people (including me) need to learn how to do that.

#31 3 years ago

I have it listed for 11,600 Canadian (About 9,500.00 USD) local in Toronto but I'm not getting much action that's why I thought I would inquire. Seems like around here people want to pay around 10k Canadian (8K USD) or less and I'm not willing to let it go for that. I think it is quite nice myself and would keep it just to play it a few times a year and have it look pretty if it came down to it.

#32 3 years ago

I sold one locally last year for $8000, taking less for a quick and easy sale when I needed the money asap to pay for another pin. Would have put it on Pinside for $8500. One side and front decal a little faded, one opto out in the center subway, otherwise nice and clean, with a playfield protector, new titans, probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

#33 3 years ago

pinside value bases on sale posts over a long time period, not current sales. pinside pricing also includes full blown restores, ads that have free shipping and waranties as well as beat projects. Its a nice tool, but not accurate. It also bases it on asking prices, not selling unless you mark what it exactly sold for and who knows if a person is being honest.
If i post a high speed for 10k, then end the ad, it takes that 10k and puts it in the pricing algorithms assuming it sold at 10k, whether it did or not.

All that being said, I think your asking price is fine. I have seen them sell between 7.5k and 9500 often the past few years and yours is on the nicer end.
the 7500 ones sell extremely quick.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I am in this boat as well. It has an amateur restoration with random blue habit rails? It has no high dollar mods. It has blown inserts. IJ can pull 9500, but I'd be expecting more at that price.

This just jumped out at me...why do you think it's an amateur restoration? Because of the playfield issues? It's not an HEP, certainly, but I think the cabinet looks pretty nice, although I'd want to see inside the cabinet, backbox, and under the playfield before buying anything.

#35 3 years ago

I've been looking for an IJ. Restored, players, project, any condition.

Send me a message if interested in sale or trade.

#36 3 years ago

Beelzeboob. Thank you. You are correct it's not a HEP restore by any means but the cabinet was made and assembled by virtuapin in Michigan. They installed the decals I shipped to them and they installed the side rails for me that I purchased from them. They did a amazing job with this I think. Over all I think it is very nice. Better than average for sure. You will pay almost double this for a HEP machine. Just depends on what you want and more importantly what you are willing to spend.

#37 3 years ago

Blue habitrails? Blue??? Sorry but that is the strangest choice

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This just jumped out at me...why do you think it's an amateur restoration? Because of the playfield issues? It's not an HEP, certainly, but I think the cabinet looks pretty nice, although I'd want to see inside the cabinet, backbox, and under the playfield before buying anything.

The loud blue.
The original playfield with insert issues.

Quoted from dsmith:

Beelzeboob. Thank you. You are correct it's not a HEP restore by any means but the cabinet was made and assembled by virtuapin in Michigan. They installed the decals I shipped to them and they installed the side rails for me that I purchased from them. They did a amazing job with this I think. Over all I think it is very nice. Better than average for sure. You will pay almost double this for a HEP machine. Just depends on what you want and more importantly what you are willing to spend.

You would pay double to have HEP make that machine. This is no different than the money lost on opening a nib.

A used hep in excellent condition would not run double.

#39 3 years ago

The blue habitrails add or reduce the same amount of value to this game as any other color habitrail mod: zero.

Nobody cares about this stuff except the people who install them.

#40 3 years ago

Since you have gone to trouble getting IJ the way you like it why not keep it ? Maybe sitting now but good title and well worth keeping in your collection ( if you are collecting not just playing ) . I play different titles depending on my mood .

Shane

#41 3 years ago

I’m not sure how difficult it is for a US buyer to buy a Canadian game, do you need a customs broker?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The blue habitrails add or reduce the same amount of value to this game as any other color habitrail mod: zero.
Nobody cares about this stuff except the people who install them.

Usually you make sense. This doesn't make any sense. Maybe nobody cares on a Rollergames but these things here are Terrible.

#43 3 years ago

I would say $8500-9000 with gum under the cab. $8000 without gum. If you add a lego pirate ship, its worth at least 15K, if not 30. All US dollars btw.

#44 3 years ago

Careful or Levi will show up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,419.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
14,000 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-on-value-of-williams-indiana-jones?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.