8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Skidave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170312_132158 (resized).jpg
    20170312_163913 (resized).jpg
    20170312_124850 (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

Have the chance to pick up a Captain Fantastic that is not working. The BG and Playfield are in good shape, the cabinet is ok. What might I offer for it not working? Is it a good playing pin?

Kickout

#2 8 months ago
    Quoted from Kickout:

Have the chance to pick up a Captain Fantastic that is not working. The BG and Playfield are in good shape, the cabinet is ok. What might I offer for it not working? Is it a good playing pin?
    Kickout

It's a mediocre playing game that is probably the most overvalued game around. Good looking game but simply not worth the ridiculous price usually asked for it.

If you can get it cheap, go for it. But usually they want way too much.

#3 8 months ago

Four flipper games are always overrated in my opinion. If the game isn't working ask under 500.00 and if he says no walk away.

#4 8 months ago

if the playfield and glass are good $500 is a steal. if you dont want it at $500 i will drive down from Canada and buy it haha

#5 8 months ago

If it's cosmetically nice $500-800. Sought after game but they made a ton.

I think it's mediocre but not a bad game to play. And let's face it it looks awesome.

#6 8 months ago

I’m fond of Wizard! but not Captain Fantastic. Don’t care for the left flipper arrangement.

#7 8 months ago

I don't like the Theme so never give these machines a second look at any price and laugh at the ridiculously overpriced ones. I saw Elton John 3 times and liked his early stuff but don't want to stare at him, same with Bally Rolling Stones, backglass is the deal breaker.
    That said these don't stay around long at a decent price so make your decision quickly. For some reason people think they have struck gold with this Title, maybe they think the price will skyrocket when EJ cashes in his chips.

#8 8 months ago

it’s kinda crappy as a player, great to look at though!

#10 8 months ago

I’d think $500-$800 would be a fair valuation for this title in good shape, but non working.

To echo the others’ sentiments, it’s a pretty crappy game. Just hammer on those drop targets for specials and extra balls. There’s really not much else to really go for.

#11 8 months ago

Not a big fan based on the double flipper configuration. I like to trap and can't do this with double flippers. I also am not a huge fane of open inlanes. Open inlanes also makes it difficult to trap. I.e. Jacks Open. But I still love my Jacks Open even if it make me play differently.

#12 8 months ago

Better check it out! mine was 700.00 and when I went to look at it, it was an Uncensored back glass, reverse cabinet color and SN#1108 (108 off the line)
    not bad considering they made 16000. The guy bought it 7 years prior, never got around to getting it going and was a Juke box collector/repair man and even gave me a new stencil kit for it. Good thing he didn't get around to a repaint!!!!

20170312_124850 (resized).jpg20170312_132158 (resized).jpg20170312_163913 (resized).jpg
    #13 8 months ago

Make sure it has the original pop bumper caps. They are in short supply since no other game has Elton John on the pop bumpers.

#14 8 months ago

Apparently, Bally wanted to quickly make a licensed themed pin that had limited features to keep manufacturing costs low. I'm sure if they had incorporated this playfield design in an unlicensed themed pin, it would have been a sales disaster. But, with Elton John on the backglass, this machine was a huge success. I always thought CF needed a spinner and some kickout holes to improve game play. It's a good game for inexperienced players, but it can get boring for an experienced player. If you can get the machine for $600-$700 or less with good cosmetics, I'd go for it...

#15 8 months ago

And? Did you purchase?

There are 3 Captain Fantastics for sale on Craigslist in our area. One new today. All are over priced in my opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 224.99
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    € 3.70
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.95
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.04
    Playfield - Plastics
    F14 Tomcat Slingshots Out of stock
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside