2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I receive this email from a person who wants to buy a machine from me. Only contact is via email.

I believe it to be a scam, opinions please.

Robert

Email (note last name missing from signature):

okay , i can understand and i am good to deal with your firm price (xxxx),I'm sorry, i should really call/text you but the nature of my job don't allow me to make or receive calls, i can't be seen doing that else i'm putting my job on the line. I hope you understand me i am right now at the military Base. I will have you paid via PayPal as all my 2 accounts are linked to PayPal, moreso PayPal is the only means i can get you paid and you don't have to worry about the shipment, i will contact my transport company, the company will have it picked up as soon as the payment is made and been cleared into your account.do get back to me with your paypal email address and name ... Hope to hear from you soon.
    Thanks

Sgt. Michael (USAF) 355th Fighter Wing on Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona

#3 2 years ago

I would just call the base and ask to speak with sgt michael. Im sure he would like to hear how some scammer is using his name and rank to scam people.

#4 2 years ago

If he pays with Paypal he can file dispute. If he "gifts" money with Paypal, he can file a dispute with the credit card company. It's a potential lose/lose with someone that can't make a phone call but can buy pinball machines via Paypal.

#5 2 years ago

I, up until recently worked and lived on a military base in the Middle East for the last 5 years.

-ask him this exact question...."what is your AFSC and what is your skill level?" Feel free to PM me with the answer and I can assist with validation. If he won't answer, it's a scam. There is zero secrecy in that question and does not cause a conflict or issues of security.

#6 2 years ago

Scam, interesting social engineering there. Give you a 'trust-able' job/name but an inconcievable set of circumstances. Plenty of people on base can get to phones, and even fewer have room for a pinball machine. Just ignore and read Vid's scam guide

#8 2 years ago

How to scam 101 : Dear mr/mrs so and so, I am the most honest trustable person in the world. Believe me. Unfortunately I'm currently in a place, so can't do normal things. Please trust me and do things you shouldn't or wouldn't normally, remember I'm the most unfortunately circumstanced honest person to ever live.

Appreciate your vapid trust,

Honest scammer

#9 2 years ago

Run, don't walk away from this deal. At least he didn't use the term "agent".

#12 2 years ago

If you have to ask, then it's a scam..

Kinda along the same vein as "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

#13 2 years ago

I have been to many military bases in my career, and there has always been a phone around somewhere.

Thanks.

Robert

#14 2 years ago

I would play along and have him send his "shipper" to a Burger King or something.

#15 2 years ago

I'm in the Air Force, and the dead giveaway is 'Air Force Base.' We're too damn lazy to type that. It's just AFB.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm in the Air Force, and the dead giveaway is 'Air Force Base.' We're too damn lazy to type that. It's just AFB.

Ha, ha...

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks legit to me!

He's from the government and here to help me out...

#19 2 years ago

He's a scamster for sure!

#20 2 years ago

Isn't there an online registry for most government personal? If so look him up there.

#21 2 years ago

Air Force would not signoff as "Sgt." would they? Should be Ssgt, Tsgt, Msgt, etc.

Send that one on a trip, like they do over at 419eater.com. My favorite forums besides here to browse for entertainment. The people there are heros to me.

#22 2 years ago

There is nothing to look up or identify.

This is a common scam.

No need to waste any thoughts on it at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 28.95
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 219.99
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 67.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 11.95
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside