(Topic ID: 110955)

Opinion Needed - How to Order Collection

By FirePower

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How to Configure Game Room?”

• Age of the Machine 5 votes
      21%
    • Theme 2 votes
      8%
    • Manufacturer 2 votes
      8%
    • Type - EM, SS, Bingo etc. 6 votes
      25%
    • Number of Players 0 votes
    • Cabinet Style - i.e. wedgehead, reverse wedgehead 7 votes
      29%
    • Get a Big Lebowski Rug - It will tie the whole room together! 2 votes
      8%

(24 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Really need some thoughts here on how to "tie the game rooms together". Right now my configuration is kind of the order I purchased the machines but that has my Star Trek 2013 next to Pat Hand. Looks kind of odd to me.

I have several ideas, which I have added to the poll, but I want to reconfigure in some fashion. Let me know what worked for you and why you like that configuration.

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Looking at your collection , I see no option but to get rid of the Star Trek, it is never going to fit in withe the EMs

#3 9 years ago

But seriously, I'd put ST in the center of the room, either side would be Firepower and sorcerer. The EMs in any order aafter that

I am not familiar with your games so I will use other games as examples
    I would not put a CV next to a scared stiff as they both have action in the back boxes
    I would not put high speed next to a tomcat as they both have becons
    I would not put a LOTR in a corner because it is a dark machine

#4 9 years ago

A lot will depend on set up of your space. A large open room or smaller separate rooms. Group them by theme or manufacture. An older EM will really look old next to the Star Trek. Is there a single spot for the ST? It is cool if the EM pins are set up in chronological order, by manufacture, as only us pinheads would understand that. Grouped by theme may appeal to casual players that only like a certain theme. You have a good problem to solve with some pushing and shoving involved.
    Good Luck.

#5 9 years ago

i would have to go alphabetical.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Looking at your collection , I see no option but to get rid of the Star Trek, it is never going to fit in withe the EMs

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I see no option but to get rid of the Star Trek,

Ditto ,on the Star Trek.

#8 9 years ago

Sorry guys, Star Trek is staying I never actually played an EM in the wild, so you know EM's are my passion, but SS is what I grew up with.

I am thinking about putting Star Trek in the dark corner as it is so darn bright. Thinking now of doing the chronological order by manufacturer too, which should be good, but I may make an exception and put the single players together from multiple manufacturers, but again chronologically.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I will have to dust off the pinball lifter as this will take some time.

#9 9 years ago

I think I would group by brand, configuration and age. I would also sell the Star Trek and buy ten wedge heads to balance out all those multiplayers and really, tie the room together.

#10 9 years ago

or... you could retheme your gay 90's into a Reading Rainbow and park it next to the Star Trek.

#11 9 years ago

I order them by when i bought them for the most part which ends up being their placement

-Jeff

#12 9 years ago

I try to keep machines that are alike grouped together. Nothing looks worse than a modern Stern next to a wedgehead. So modern games in one room, classics in another, and then single spots around the house get machines that don't fit the mold of a room.

#13 9 years ago

I started with mine in chronological order, this way the sizes and height of the games was similar...but then they outgrew that room, so now I have the early SS and EMs in one room (basement), kind of placed with my faves on one side and hubbys faves on the other...then EMs and other manufactures (we have mostly Williams early SS) on the other wall...then all the system 11s have their own room (formerly the dining room) and newer Sterns and WPCs have their own room (formerly the living room) system 9s are kinda placed wherever there is room, right now one is in the entry hall and one is on the side with hubbys faves (it is going to have to move soon cause it is in Defenders spot!!) and then the odd shaped ones, Joust and Varkon are in the family room...Hopefully getting ready to add/remodel so there will be another gameroom and they can all be together again...more room for pins!!!

Phoebe

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-needed-how-to-order-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.