• Latest reply 8 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151211_211415_001_resized.jpg
IMG_0743_resized.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

I just had my IJ done by HEP because it's my favorite machine ever. I love LEDs...on SOME machines. But in IJ, you really should only use them in the inserts. I used all warm white LEDs in the inserts so that none of them were color-bombed. Chris agreed with me that Indy should have incandescent GI on the playfield and backbox to keep the warmth and retro feel.

LED your Indy very conservatively. It's not a Funhouse!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from danreedphoto:

Good feedback, but the GI seems like it's not enough to play the game in the dark. Am I wrong? There seems to be a giant dark spot in the top-middle of the play field. Is it just because of the incandescent bulbs aren't enough? That's my main concern, really.

Not at all. I play in the dark. You can absolutely see the ball everywhere. Remember that the game was designed for incandescents, and many machines were being played in dark arcades and bowling alleys. It actually makes the flashers (which I use LEDs for) look even brighter. LEDs in your GI will give the game a yellowish and cold look, even if you use the retro bulbs from Cointaker. It's a theme that's supposed to be taking place in the 30s/40s, and you want a warm look to reflect that. It ain't Star Trek!

#8 8 years ago

Okay...I dug through my photos to try to give you a sense of what it looks like with LEDs and incandescents. The first photo I took before when it had LEDs and before I sent it off to HEP. You can see it has more of a yellowish look (true, the lights are on in that photo, but I still think you can see it). The second picture was just taken this week in the dark and you can see the warm glow coming off the IJ...as well as the fact that there really aren't any dark spots on the playfield. So no worries!

IMG_0743_resized.JPGIMG_0743_resized.JPG

20151211_211415_001_resized.jpg20151211_211415_001_resized.jpg

#10 8 years ago

That first picture is BEFORE I sent it to High End Pins. I threw the brass on, threw the LEDs in, and a couple of tasteful mods (like the spinning propeller, which is REALLY cool). I still wasn't happy with it, so I decided that it had to be perfect.

HEP is a high end restoration service run by Chris Hutchins, who is considered the best of the best (and there are a LOT of incredible restorers on here). He doesn't sell LEDs.

For LED kits, you can go through Cointaker (.com) who will sell you kits. Just tell Melissa you want warm whites for the insert kit, or use the color-matched ones they sell in the kit as is.

If you want to save a few bucks, get a master pack from Art at Comet Pinball (.com) and mix and match yourself.

Both great companies, so you can't go wrong. Incandescent bulbs are dirt cheap and can be bought through Pinball Life or Marco Specialties.

PM me if you have any other questions!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Wanted
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,419.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-ij-pinball-adventure-led-kit?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.