Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stainedundies.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

since the current market is dominated by collectors and enthusiasts, it seems that creating a wider appeal to operators is the route to take if you want to grow the market.

stern is the driving force behind pinballs survival, they were around when it was big, when it fell, and even now. therefore im inclined to believe they have a better idea of which direction the market needs to take to expand, rather than the opinion of collectors who have really hindered the market by steering it mostly towards their own interests, and have kept pinball machines out of the public eye.

i personally dont care if the pinball industry grows a billion dollars next year if that means all the machines are designed to stay in the home of individual collectors. id rather see growth in public interest than growth in $$$. i prefer to play machines on route anyway as i somehow feel that is the essence of pinball. could be just me though!

#4 8 years ago

in my opinion, every machine kept in a house is a missed opportunity to expose the general public to the world of pinball.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

Pinball just ain't that popular amongst the general public that we're ever going to see thousands of machine on location again. It's a niche and not the cash cow it might once have been.

its not about seeing thousands of machines everywhere, its about that every machine has potential to be the one that turns someone into a pinhead. if all people ever do is look to how great the past was, we might miss what it could be. the pinball industry should take baby steps to ensure growth rather than think its only options are where it is now (just above dead) or where it was then (massively popular).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stainedundies.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-enthusiasts-are-growing-pinball-not-most-operators?tu=stainedundies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.