Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 845 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the master.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg
    nelly.png
    wptbg.jpg
    deadhorse.gif
    some random guy.jpg
    dd.jpg
    d.jpg
    HOTGUYINRIVER.jpeg
    TWOHOTGUYS.jpeg
    HOT!.jpeg
    skill shot.jpg
    fonz-pinball-420.jpg
    kill everyone now.jpg
    sexy flounder.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#40 9 years ago

i don't think any kid was ever harmed by seeing a boob. honestly, anatomy isn't the problem.

but kids are harmed every day by dudes casually treating women as objects to be oggled, judged, owned, degraded, and so on. remember when you post anything (or say anything) you are invariably teaching others by example what is acceptable. It's a bummer that the easiest way to earn a flurry of thumbs up is to post a non-sequitor shot of some tits. Again, it's not the nudity or suggestiveness i have a problem with - it's the basic misogyny that makes that kind of post popular and acceptable. the retreat it represents from conversation back to the comfort of some basic easy socially-acceptible objectification.

sexism is so ingrained in this culture that literally nothing is easier, safer, or less risky than posting an image that reinforces it.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

No more censorship period. Let it ride. Censorship is against the constitution.

censorship undertaken by the U.S. Government is against its constitution, sure. Under certain circumstances, anyway. But last time i checked, Pinside wasn't even mentioned in the U.S. Federal Budget Ominbus Spending Bill.

(not to mention the fact that the founder of the site is not even an American)

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

What is that supposed to mean??

Just that the U.S. Constitution doesn't apply to him! no offense intended!

#163 9 years ago
    Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Look at every mass-grown competitive sport right now, from middle school on you have girls getting in skimpy outfits and jumping around by the sidelines. It doesn't get much more mysogynistic than that, but nobody on TV mentions how an NFL cheerleader makes a hundred dollars a game to the player's million.

yes, sexism is deeply ingrained and it sucks.

What makes pinball so great is the truth. People speak their minds even if they're backwards retarded. I like that. It's the best glimpse into the society we live in. If we pretend there isn't mysogyny in the world, does that get rid of the mysogyny in the world?

not tolerating misogyny is not the same as pretending it doesn't exist.

#175 9 years ago

This is a thread about pushing the mysogyny to a deeper darker corner of pinside isn't it?

good riddance if it were. luckily, the mods are generally excellent at dealing with the most blatant stuff.

Edit: I'm just saying, if people pretend to not be mysogynistic is that any better?

definitely. pushing that crap out of the realm of acceptable social behavior is important and a worthy goal.

If I had a daughter and she could see every "scummy" thing someone posted through their history and make that judgment for herself, I would be thankful and encourage their free speech.
    Does that make sense?

not really .... are you implying your daughter might sleep with someone based on their pinside posting history?

#182 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

then why all the uproar over the non blatant stuff that gets posted

what uproar?

#185 9 years ago

i see more of an uproar against the idea. count up the thumbs and the advocates of misogyny win in a landslide.

#190 9 years ago

Lolwut?
    So far, anyone that isn't a woman shouldn't get to assert what is or is not mysogyny. Doing so in and of itself is mysogynistic. It's essentially implying that you know what is best/worst for all women.

this is total nonsense. men speaking up as allies of women is important. talking over women and telling them their opinions on sexism aren't valid - that would be crappy. but men staying silent on the issue is the same as implicitly condoning the status quo. get out of here with this "only women can complain about sexism" stuff.

#196 9 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I think this thread has run it's course and is no longer about pinball and more about politics. I think its time to close..
    Time tooooooo...........Say goodbyeeeeee.............

perhaps, but on the other hand i do think it's been extremely informative -- Robin's explanations about the intention and usage of the Tilt feature have been potentially very useful, particularly if people take his pleas to use it to heart.

#207 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

OK I need to call something out here. Way too much casual usage of the word "misogyny".
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misogyny
    Really? Are there really a lot of posts here that express a HATRED of women?
    The occasional sexist joke, or appreciation of the female form, or acknowledgement that Homo sapiens is a sexually dimorphic primate species with observed differing behaviors between the sexes is not
    HATRED of women.
    The art on Woah Nellie is not HATRED of women.
    Remember Dr. Matt Taylor and his shirt (made by a woman!). Do we really want to give a foothold to people to come in and attack say, Dennis Nordman and Greg Freres the way they did Dr. Taylor?

Nobody's attacking Whoa Nellie or Dennis or Greg.

#229 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

I'll give you the first one as potentially misogyny (although it would be dependent on speaker and tone)
    The second two are definitely sexist, but not necessarily misogynist.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sexism
    And that was the main point of my post. Don't say misogyny when you mean sexism. Especially when referring to definition 2.

Now whether those stereotypes are or not true, or are rooted in biology, is a different conversation, one on which reasonable people can disagree. But it is disingenuous to hold that anyone who has any amount of sexism actively HATES ALL WOMEN, and that's why I have such a problem with people throwing around the M word.

You're splitting hairs. Reinforcing sexism is expressing hatred for women as far as I'm concerned, especially when one has to run to the dictionary to defend themselves as merely descriminating against them and reducing them to sex objects, not hating them. Sorry if I don't really appreciate the distinction.

#268 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's some great material no doubt, but remember coming from a gay guy, that stuff is obviously tongue in cheek.

This is kind of a crappy excuse. I don't think racist or homophobic jokes would be tolerated even if they were told "tongue in cheek".

#334 9 years ago

Oh is this what we're doing for the New Years thread? I'm here playing Mario 2 with my 7 year old daughter but we're about to switch over to a network for the ball drop.

#335 9 years ago

And yeah she usually picks Princess Peach but come on that hover ability is pretty badass.

#342 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Did your wife tell you to pull that pic?

lol no i just felt as hilarious as it was, it didn't accurately reflect our awesome new year.

#351 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

I am finding the "ignore this user" very useful. Perhaps a small icon next to a users name with the # of "members ignoring this user" would help?

No. Been on boards that do this -- making ignores public just turns it into a mechanism for bullying people and leads to tons of drama.

#355 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

I am not saying to post the members who are ignoring (that would remain hidden) just the number of members ignoring.

I get where you're coming from, but it'd be the same result. Just leads to a lot of drama. If you're ignoring someone it should be because you simply don't want to see their posts, not because you want to attach a badge of shame to their username.

#368 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I disagree.
    My father made sure that there was no censorship in our family!
    My sister and I loosely talked to my parents about sex, religion, politics, you name it.
    We kept loaded guns in the house and knew how to use them. We watched R-rated movies.
    The liquor cabinet was always left unlocked, I could go on.
    My parents philosophy was to always learn the inevitable at home and get properly educated before you learn it in the streets.
    We both turned out fine, educated and successful.....unlike some of our friends who got pregnant or died as teenagers.
    Early education and intervention goes a long way!

there's a difference between sexism and sexuality, though.

i appreciate what you're saying about not sheltering kids -- i agree for the most part. but being open to talking to kids about sex is not the same thing as posting misogynistic images in a forum about pinball.

#376 9 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Pezpunk objectifies inappropriate elderly people.

WHY HOW DARE YOU .... wait. i don't get it.

#385 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

I don't understand the continued personal aggression here, unless it's only to prove to all that this really is an unwelcoming place.

Seriously.

Your wife, your kid, your problem.
    I won't be part of the village that you want to raise your children.

What an ugly sentiment.

#394 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Pezpunk - You said that I said something that I didn't say that I agree with!

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

download.png 7 KB

haha weird ... dunno how that happened. i fixed it though. sorry!

#403 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

Still missing the point.

he's being willfully obtuse, and the unnecessary pinups he keeps posting in this thread is exactly prototypical of a certain kind of response to being called out. what i mean is he thinks posting intentionally sexist stuff is an act of defiance, when it couldn't be a safer or more reactionary act.

#416 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmydred:

The thing that pisses me off the most about this topic is one person wont let it go.... We are all now well versed in how butt hurt you are about this. Stop telling us over and over again about how wrong and exploitive pinball machines art, themes, and speech have been. How some posts are an affront to your personal need to cry "unconscionable". And how most of the funny things some people have posted here is making you lose your $hit. I joined Pinside for the tech and some of the humor available here. Some of it is not for everyone... What I didn't join for, is to have you preach or talk down to me. I am an adult and damn sure don't need your help or advise on how to be good at it.
    Dude, you're a broken record. The more you try to make your point wont make it anymore valid, it just dilutes the message. And makes you seem like the only one who feels that way. Stop trying to be a want to be moderator or moral compass. Post something useful to help out somebody having a hard time trouble shooting a problem with a pin or a hard to find part... Not their taste in humor or moral standards. Like Robin said... Use the tilt and give it a rest.

just in case you're talking about me ... i don't believe i have ever complained here about the art on a pinball machine. i've only ever complained about some of the more egregious non-pinball related stuff that's been posted in various pinball threads. in the Whoa Nellie thread for example i had to go out of my way every other post to remind people i wasn't complaining about the game, i was complaining about a handful of gross posts in that thread that went over the line.

#421 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmydred:

Bingo... Always complaining... Move on.

let's back up. here's what you said:

Quoted from Jimmydred:

The thing that pisses me off the most about this topic is one person wont let it go.... We are all now well versed in how butt hurt you are about this. Stop telling us over and over again about how wrong and exploitive pinball machines art, themes, and speech have been.

and i've literally never done that. that's why this kind of thing is so frustrating - guys get so blindly defensive that they can't even be bothered to spend the five seconds it takes to even read what the other person is saying. you're right i've made a lot of posts on the subject -- so it really says something about a person who can form such a strong opinion about those posts without ever having comprehended them.

i think i'm going to take a break from this thread and go play some pinball.

#440 9 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

So the tl;dr: tits on a pinball machine are perfectly ok for kids and ladies to see, tits on a real woman are not.

more like one is on topic and the other is just dudes being dopey and needlessly inappropriate.

#491 9 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

As odd as this might sound, why not implement tilting into people's score? If you self-tilt, +70, and +30 for everyone who tilts you afterward.

Because incentivizing the posting of tilt-worthy stuff is the dumbest suggestion of all time?

#494 9 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

I pretty much don't agree with anything pezpunk says, and feels he's often making a mountain out of a molehill. People are sexual, they like looking at sexual things, behave sexually, etc., and that does not mean they are being objectified or are objectifying someone. And if they are, I frankly don't care, as long as it's not demeaning and degrading.

I'd love to know why you think any of that is in conflict with anything I've said. I have only objected to the degrading stuff, and I don't really think non-pinball related overtly sexist stuff belongs in pinball-related threads on a pinball forum.

This erroneous notion that I'm uptight or anti men or a prude or whatever is purely the result of dudes refusing to take five seconds to listen to what I'm complaining about. Most of you probably still think I was whining about Whoa Nellie art.

#502 9 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

In my 30 years of traveling the world and seeing how other cultures act, I can safely say:
    Americans are such prudes!
    Seriously, how many of you neophytes have ever spent more than a couple weeks outside North America getting exposed to the progressive, mature cultures around the rest of the globe?
    (rhetorical questions - answer to yourself, because I already know your answer).

First of all I'd suggest you look up the word neophyte.

Second, I've spent plenty of time in Europe. My band spent a month touring over there for example. Hating sexist garbage has nothing to with prudishness.

#508 9 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I have to laugh at all of the posts that tell other what to think. Those posts go nowhere. You can tell others what you think, but not what they should think or feel.
    You need to....
    I suggest you....
    You should....
    None of these carry any weight. Adults will each have their own view point. You can try to change their point of view on a subject, but never tell anyone what they should do with their life.
    It's a great big world out there. A lot of the "negative view points" are perfectly acceptable in other cultures.
    I don't need culture police to tell me how to live my life. If I wanted someone to direct my life for me I'd join a religious group.

Nobody's telling you how to live your life, dude. Just trying to make Pinside a more welcoming place for people. But apparently that causes utter panic for people for whom posting boobie pics in pinball threads is fundamental to their way of life.

#611 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You are one popular SOB on this thread Comrade Pezpunk!

Thank you for your wonderful on-topic contributions to this thread. Keep crying about thumbs and appropriate tilts. Sorry it bothers you so much but there's an easy solution - stop.

#615 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Lighten up Francis Pezpunk, and get a life, relax Comrade, go promote your pompous BS somewhere else, nobody gives a shit, you might have set a record for all time thumbs down in one thread.

Yeah man I'm fully aware how threatened a bunch of old white dudes feel about being confronted with their own pathetic prejudice. I'm obviously not in it for the thumbs up. It's pretty hilarious though how a simple request to keep off-topic boobie posts out of pinball-related pinball forum topics is responded to with you and vid and a half dozen others acting like their human rights are being violated, and posting boobie pics like it's some rebel act of defiance and not just a bunch of idiots taunting the objectors and making sure people know exactly where women stand in pinball culture.

#617 9 years ago

The fact that this thread has devolved into an avalanche of boobie pics says loads about how willing this community is to welcome people other than cro-magnon dudes.

#622 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, please go check yourself out of the MSNBC rehab clinic. It's a new year, Happy New Year! There is always hope for anybody, including you and Al

Quoted from iceman44:

Lighten up Francis Pezpunk, and get a life, relax Comrade, go promote your pompous BS somewhere else, nobody gives a shit, you might have set a record for all time thumbs down in one thread.

Quoted from iceman44:

You are one popular SOB on this thread Comrade Pezpunk!

At least we can all agree that pezpunk is the problem.

Pure class, pinside. Coulda been a fun pinball community but obviously boobie pics are more important.

#625 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, we disagree, I love some great titties, don't take myself so seriously, and neither do the females in my life....know any?

Keep it coming.

#627 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Nobody wants to be told what to do (well maybe .05% of the population does).
    Robin has stated no nudity, and it's his show to make that decision.
    If people want a G-rated pinball site, they can go start one. It's not expensive, it won't draw much bandwidth. In fact the software and templates are totally free: https://www.phpbb.com/
    If the demand is super high for the G-rated site, we will see a mass exodus, and only a few liver spotted, Depends wearing grandpas will be left here wallowing in bikini cartoons.

Not arguing for a g-rated site. Just hoping for less non-sequitur overtly sexist garbage in pinball-related threads. You guys are acting like I want to chop off your balls.

#630 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Comrade Pezzy isn't going anywhere, he loves himself and his opinions and will look down on anybody that thinks differently than him.
    What other forums provide him that luxury? MSNBC?
    It's Ok, I welcome it all, the good, the bad, the ugly, the stupid, doesn't matter, we all are entitled to our opinions in the great country of ours, even Comrade Pezzy!

Moderators, are these repeated personal attacks acceptable? Just curious.

#633 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I never said that.
    I said start a G-rated site (it will cost you about $45 a year), and see if anyone is interested.
    If the masses really are interested (as some here have proposed), if women register in droves (Blondtall said there are less then 10 women on Pinside), If pre-teens flock to the site because their parents don't want them seeing bikini women here, then you will have won the argument for the price of 5 beers at the stripbar.
    Like they always say...One good experiment will disprove 1000 great theories.
    C'mon, it's $45.

I misread your post initially. Read my edited version.

#635 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

(Blondtall said there are less then 10 women on Pinside),

Cant imagine why...

#637 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

And if Pinside is all about 100% G rated Pezpunks then you can count me out.

Quoted from pezpunk:

Not arguing for a g-rated site. Just hoping for less non-sequitur overtly sexist garbage in pinball-related threads. You guys are acting like I want to chop off your balls.

#638 9 years ago

Iceman I hope you haven't worn the p and z keys off your keyboard typing my username so many times tonight.

#649 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm done for tonight Comrade DePezzio, haha.......that's a compliment right?
    Seriously though, I'm married to a FEMALE for 27 years.
    [...]
    Pinball has historically been about chicks, tits and great ass.

Silly me I thought it was about pinball.

Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball is just not that popular with women,

Can't imagine why...

#651 9 years ago

Stop being a pinball girlieman. Next time I find a blue tongue lizard in the yard I'll capture and send it to you. You can then have it on hand next time you are on here with the hope that you'll have some thick skin to help you deal with the unenlightened.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Truth is, PezPunk is the only one defending women internet rights.
    Maybe if you had more women chiming in, we might have a better and fair debate.

I guess you're right, why wouldn't women want to chime into this friendly and welcoming community??

I mean I've only been personally attacked probably less than 100 times in this thread for suggesting we could do without overtly sexist posts in pinball-related threads.

#664 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm tired of preachy hateful discourse from Pezzy. Get it?

Didn't you declare yourself done for the night three times already? You just can't stop coming back to take pot shots at me. By the way all I've done this entire thread is suggest that we could do without boobie pics in pinball-related threads. The insane manbaby fallout from that suggestion has been astounding, though.

#666 9 years ago

I was being facetious with old mate Pez.

No you weren't. You were being aggressive and hostile.

#746 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Bowen
    Are you asking the internet to conform to what you deem suitable for your 6 year old son?

no, he's not.

#747 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

When you are raised from birth that a nude body is "dirty", that sexual intercourse outside of wedlock is "evil" and that being attracted to the human form is "lustful", then nothing is going to unwire those hard synapse connections.

it's weird that this has to be explained so many times, but that is not what is going on here. people aren't objecting to boobs or any other anatomy. they're objecting to boobs in inappropriate places, such as non-sequitor boobie pics in threads about pinball, on a pinball website. nobody's being puritanical or prudish. nobody's trying to stop anyone from going to websites designed to satiate the male libido. we're simply asking does Pinside have to be one of them?

#751 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's what pinball is about, cartoon boobs and hidden phallus.
    It was like that back in the 1930s and it's still like that today with Luci.

some pinball machines had that kind of stuff, sure. doesn't mean that's what pinball is "about". besides, times change, old man. in the halcyon days of the 1930s, homosexuals if discovered were committed to insane asylums and african americans were lynched for dating outside of their race. i think we can agree that sometimes change is good.

#756 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Oh, just a thousand people here then?

is this the only website your browser is capable of accessing? is it so much to ask that you not post random off-topic boobs or make overtly sexist statements in threads about pinball on a pinball website? is there really no other place on the internet where one can go to satisfy that need?

Quoted from PW79:

This place is pretty tame in my opinion. It's typically a damn decent group of middle aged men with a good sense of humor. This is just not a place full of sensitive children & church women.
    Visit those Xbox/playstation forums for some real nonsense. Those places are visited far more by kids & it's far worse there. If you're gonna fight the fight do it there & save the children. Play a game online for some real enlightenment lol.

yeah it's true online games are generally a cesspool of rampant misogyny, and that sucks. is that a good justification for Pinside being the same?

#786 9 years ago
    Quoted from FrederikFrost:

(Note, It's pretty easy to avoid most of the 'malicious' content if you so do wish. Hint: Don't click on topics like 'Girls of Pinball'...)

Pretty ironic statement considering THIS thread is now overflowing with random boobie pics.

Quoted from vid1900:

You guys would hate the fishing forums.

sexy flounder.jpg 14 KB

This is probably the 20th post in this thread that you've made that contributes nothing to the conversation, and is purely another childish attempt to taunt and annoy people you disagree with. I guess you get away with because it's the majority opinion, but it's pretty hypocritical of the mods to allow it.

#805 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmydred:

No, Pez... You started screaming misogyny early on in this thread about adult content. No one here hates anything about women. Made it your battle cry and pissed a lot folks off in the process. What is weird is you changed your argument to fit more in line with what folks seem to not like. Not misogyny, just nsfw content of any kind.

There has been tons of misogyny on pinside recently, and it seems to be ramping up. I have been consistent in my criticism of it, and that's not going to change. And again, I don't care about suggestive content that's on topic. I haven't even clicked the "women of pinball" thread, but images of women there would be on topic. I checked out the Whoa Nellie thread because the game looked interesting to me, but some of the posting in that thread was despicable and overtly misogynistic (by ANY standard). "Only ugly women complain about sexism", etc., won't rehash all that again. It was a trainwreck. When I called out a few of the worst comments, people started making fun of my wife and calling me gay.

In terms of the domain of this particular thread -- that is, discussing standards for what is and isn't acceptable posting, my position in this thread has also been consistent: personally I don't think random boobie pics in threads on the topic of pinball ought to be acceptable social behavior. I've had trouble getting people to read my posts, though. For example, at first you accused me of regaling against pinball artwork or whatever, which was simply never the case. After that you wanted to get into a pointless semantic debate about sexism vs. misogyny. Disagree with my point of view if you like, but I've been consistent.

Quoted from Jimmydred:

You can only speak for yourself, and we get your point. enough already. Pass the torch to someone else and let them have a turn as why or why not Pinside is place they like to visit. I get tired of seeing your redundant position on this topic. Everyone's opinion here maters, and no one is trying to bully you into changing yours. Claiming you have to keep explaining what your argument is because no one took the time to really read your posts is crap. Its effective range is zero meters. I read what you said. It is an easy solution as stated before. Use the tilt, so you don't have to feel the guilt... That way you stay safe. Have a great day!

It's difficult not to respond when you are being constantly called out by name and your arguments misrepresented.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-adult-themed-topics-should-be-in-a-private-sub-forum?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.