Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 845 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the master.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg
    nelly.png
    wptbg.jpg
    deadhorse.gif
    some random guy.jpg
    dd.jpg
    d.jpg
    HOTGUYINRIVER.jpeg
    TWOHOTGUYS.jpeg
    HOT!.jpeg
    skill shot.jpg
    fonz-pinball-420.jpg
    kill everyone now.jpg
    sexy flounder.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4 9 years ago

What I absolutely don't agree with is the idea that if someone does not like something then everyone else should be 'protected' from it. Lots of far more offensive things out there then pinside. If you don't like something ignore it.

#25 9 years ago

Thinking some more about it. If I was a kid I would probably go straight to any 'adult only' threads and they would probably go way beyond what we see now so would that make it worse?

I have two daughters and I know I can't shelter them from what is out there but I do need to be sure they are prepared to deal with what is out there.

#289 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

But even with "R" threads, no nudity (as usual) and still Tilt. Just noodling...
    Human form & nudity is beautiful & natural. It is simply part of the universe's art.
    now...
    Violence is bad.
    Violence is worse than nudity.
    Why aren't pinball themes based on violence getting this much attention?
    Why aren't parents fighting to protect their children from these violent pinball themes?
    Why am i not playing my MMRLE yet?
    Why am i such a smartass?
    All i can say is... i think you're all pretty cool, even if i may not share your particular value set. I'd like nothing more than to travel the world going to pinball/arcade events and buy you all a drink, but that's just me

Well said! It all comes down to what each individual is comfortable with and that varies!!! Between tilt and drain what is the issue? No one needs to see things they don't want to. Don't stress over what may happen and what people may think.

I'm done here going to go play some ACDC and leer at Helen.

#417 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

For me given the choice of:
    - Pinball with a locker room mentality
    - Pinball where everyone feels comfortable showing up and talking about something we enjoy
    I'll pick the latter all day every day.
    It's really not about censorship or "ZOMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN", it's a simple matter of being decent human beings. Is that so much to ask?

I agree with you in principle but the challenge is that bit about 'where everyone feels comfortable.' That is where you get stuck dealing with extremes on one side or the other and they are the group that, on both sides, are basically impossible to satisfy.

I still think the basic drain and tilt tools are very useful as is remembering not to feed the trolls.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-adult-themed-topics-should-be-in-a-private-sub-forum?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.