Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 845 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the master.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg
    nelly.png
    wptbg.jpg
    deadhorse.gif
    some random guy.jpg
    dd.jpg
    d.jpg
    HOTGUYINRIVER.jpeg
    TWOHOTGUYS.jpeg
    HOT!.jpeg
    skill shot.jpg
    fonz-pinball-420.jpg
    kill everyone now.jpg
    sexy flounder.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quiddity.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#147 9 years ago

I will never understand humanity.

#161 9 years ago
    Quoted from juanlargo:

This is about fostering a dynamic that makes an entire demographic feel like even when they decide to participate, they have to *politely ask* not to be subject to degrading conversation before they post.

I think you're lumping demographics together. I'm a female. I post here. All the tits and ass don't bother me a bit - but then again, I'm also the person who has offered to sell 'her' machine to fund Whoa Nellie.

Quoted from juanlargo:

The Tilt mechanic is an interesting idea, and one that I think comes from a positive place, but here's why it's flawed:

My last few posts were downvoted tremendously. Two days later, we have three different threads of important discussion around these issues. Nothing I posted was inappropriate. Everything was intended to spur this very (constructive) discussion.

Not only would anyone with sensitive Tilt settings miss those posts entirely, just seeing a Tilted heading brings a likely assumption that it's full of inappropriate content. You may not agree with what I say, but when the tools we have allow a vocal minority to downvote a critical opinion out of sight — that is *actual* censorship.

The 'tilt' mechanic is working as intended, at least the way I understand it's intended to work. None of your posts on the 'hottest girls in pinball' thread were tilted, they were downvoted. That means that a large amount of folks all clicked the down thumb because they didn't agree with your post.

That doesn't invalidate your post or hide it from others' view, it means that people didn't like what you said. The thumbs up/down mechanic has a few different uses - agree/disagree with opinion stated, advice given (for example, telling someone that they need to take windex to their playfields to clean them is a post that IMO should be downvoted), or the all too recently common response to another person, offense.

The 'tilt' function is also working as intended, IMO. The people that do use it do it to censor the post, most of the time because it does contain tits and/or ass - protects the people who are viewing Pinside in an environment that it wouldn't be appropriate (work, or perhaps home in the living room with children and they didn't want their children to see something they hadn't already approved of). Very rarely have I seen a post 'tilted' because it contained something controversial, but it's use in that manner fits the description of it's intention as well - again, as I understand it's use.

#248 9 years ago

I'm not comfortable with my ten year old on the internet unsupervised, personally. I don't have a problem with the T&A, the language, or the discussions that I've specifically seen on Pinside. It's when you get into the animal sex, the darker areas of sex (S&M, etc), abuse (WTH is wrong with all the folks posting that shit on Facebook and thinking that it's completely okay, anyways?), etc that I start wondering if I want to burden his brain with this shit yet.

Minecraft? Sure. Team Fortress? He's done fine - just wish I could convince him to get off the minecraft trader servers. Pokemon? Not a problem. Club Penguin? Him and my five year old play together, which is adorable. Forums of any kind? Hahahahha. Not yet.

For example, there was a nice ass picture on the infamous hottest girls thread. They (both my boys) walked by and asked why I was looking at a picture of a girl's butt. I said I wasn't, I was reading a thread and someone had posted it. One of them made a poop joke, the other one goes "Ewwww", runs with the poop joke and the next thing I know I hear "Mommy's friends like poop" as they walk away.

#300 9 years ago

Thanks, johnnyfive.

#344 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Was going to go to Knotts Berry Farm but am just sitting at home waiting for the ball to drop listening to some old school Gorillaz. A friend or two will be stopping by.
    » YouTube video

lol, I just listened to that on Spotify. Another ten years and maybe I'll have all the words memorized.

#361 9 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Along those lines, is this a bug? I'm not a moderator, and I don't think I should have access to this:

I'd vote bug, I have the same access screen that you do.

#593 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Regardless of how this thread turns out, I'd sure like to see "panties in a bunch" go by the wayside.

Can we keep butthurt for a while longer? I still like it.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #704 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Here is a better representation:
    A man cave looks like this....
    A woman cave looks like this....

man cave.jpg 61 KB

woman cave.jpg 68 KB

Crap. I guess I better turn in my woman card. I own more pinball machines than I do pairs of shoes.

#705 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Quiddity and Frax a few days ago as I drove to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl.

I'm really glad that you guys were able to stop by. Thanks for coming, it was great meeting you all. (I think Frax wants that rubber band to break already, for the record. ) Hope you guys made it home safely!

#795 9 years ago

I think it's a travesty when I google "hot guys playing pinball" and this is the best that I can find without some serious googling and different wording choices. :[fonz-pinball-420.jpgfonz-pinball-420.jpg

#814 9 years ago

RonB - 1: That's a lot of sweat to overcome. 2: No thanks, I can't handle anything approaching Duck Dynasty status. 3: Maybe, especially if he visited a barber.

cosmokramer - 1: Personality overcomes any supposed hot/not, besides, I like his wife. 2: Betcha he's even more fun drunk. 3: I'm out, I've sworn off Jackie Chan.

Any more takers?

#817 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Not exactly.
    You prude wife **might** allow AC/DC with the old dinosaurs all over it (as long as she never sees the animations) , but she is not going to allow Luci - "In case you have forgotten, we have kids in this house!!!!".

The hell. I told Frax the only way I was going to have AC/DC back in the house was if it was the Helen with nipples edition. Even that was a stretch, but it's a personal objection to the game, not the nipples.

I'm still waiting to see the price on Whoa Nellie. I wants it, precious.

#822 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I think he was referring to the other guy's wife...not you.

Don't pee in the cheerios, man.

#824 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

There must be ONE in this lineup that catches your eye!

TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg 49 KB

Lmao. I'll run with it.

1, okay.
    2, maybe after the chemo
    3, I truly hate the idea of prison and sex offender registries
    4, maybe - looks like his wife slugged him one last night, though
    5, sure
    6, betcha he's the most fun out of the lineup.

Everybody else is blurry.

#827 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I bought the regular Ac/dc premium because I didn't like the objectification of women on the Luci version.
    Or did Luci come out after I bought the original?

Luci came out after you bought the original.

If Luci had been released first I'd have had a harder time getting rid of our Premium. I also suspect that Stern wouldn't have sold anywhere near as many of the original premium version.

#835 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That's not saying much considering you let me make a horrible trade and were happy for us to take it in the rear on said trade to get rid of it.

Okay. I think out of the 26 or so machines that have exited the door, I was most happy to see AC/DC kicked to the curb. I might have shed half a tear for some decently drawn cartoon cleavage on the way out. That better?

#839 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

At least that statement is accurate.
    Oh wait, nope, that's a lie too. I think you were more glad to see Supersonic go.

I don't know... the flying vaguely penis shaped plane was alright.

#841 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

The c--kcorde?

Very nice nickname, sir. I approve.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quiddity.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-adult-themed-topics-should-be-in-a-private-sub-forum?tu=Quiddity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.