Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 845 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the master.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg
    nelly.png
    wptbg.jpg
    deadhorse.gif
    some random guy.jpg
    dd.jpg
    d.jpg
    HOTGUYINRIVER.jpeg
    TWOHOTGUYS.jpeg
    HOT!.jpeg
    skill shot.jpg
    fonz-pinball-420.jpg
    kill everyone now.jpg
    sexy flounder.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_Rasmussen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#503 9 years ago

I do have to say, I'm really surprised how this thread turned. I really dislike the way mob rules apply rather than open discussion and acceptance of others opinions that is happening everywhere today. Personal attacks because you disagree with their opinion is way out of line imo. I'm human, I have fallen into that trap on occasion, but I consciously try to not do that.

#510 9 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

"This is a men's site! Face it, pinball is for men too. Pinball is all about sexy babes with hot bods, they're all over almost every game ever made, and that's how it'll always be because sex sells! Sometimes I buy a game and think to myself "damn dude, you gotta sex this thing up" and I buy a translite to pop on there with some naked broads on it because that's way sexier. Women? Pffft I love women, I love their tits and I like post a bunch of sexy babe pics all day to impress my buds, get some laughs and thumbs up.
    Women in real life should either appreciate my attitude or they're just ugly ass prudes who will never find a man! The internet is COVERED in imagery more sexist than my endless titty pics; if your kid doesn't like it then you are a bad parent. I love women, posting greased up booby pics of them is one if my constitutional rights, so I refuse to engage in any rational discourse regarding a suggestion that I'm offending anyone, that's a slippery slope!
    What we have here is one squeaky wheel, and a few other typical Americans who are too prudish to get that this pinball site is going to be 80% boob pics no matter what. Sexist content is sexy, and should be shown more respect than women themselves. Why are we even still having this conversation you prudes?"
    Did I get close there?

I agree, down with society!

#574 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I agree with your opinion and I can see why you think this but I feel this thread has had an impact on some.
    I am guilty of contributing to the derailment of the "Machines Women Like" thread by posting a picture of a vibrator early on in that thread. It was Friday night and I'm pretty sure I had a couple of drinks and the 13 year old boy in me came out. I never claim to be a "big brain" or "scholar" even though I am pretty damn successful at what I do in life but the 13 year old boy is always right there with his silly juvenile humor waiting to "speak his wisdom".
    Prior to reading this thread started by bkerins, I had looked back at my post in the "Machines Women Like" thread and I notice no one "tilted" my post AND I received two "thumbs up". The 13 year old in me was saying "Shit, you da man. There are 2 others out there with the same sense of humor, right on" even though I figured most people were indifferent to the image.
    bkerins thread isn't going to really change my stupid sense of humor but I now realize that when I post pictures of vibrators or other stupid stuff (funny in my small pea brained mind) I'll be a little more careful and self tilt.
    One thing for sure is that I'll continue to unhide any tilted posts I see because sometimes there is some pretty funny stuff hidden behind those tilt warnings. There are obviously allot of 13 year olds out there who share the same silly ass thinking I do.
    I do however think Bowen and this thread has had an impact and I'll be a little more careful and self-tilt when the child in me rears up. It's sometimes hard to change the world with words but you can at least plant a few seeds and watch it grow into a garden.

Sorry, sorry, 13 year in the room.
    QSS

Garden.jpg 20 KB

How about a little more passive aggressive next time.

#575 9 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

Has anyone really been told "I tried Pinside because I am interested in pinball, but someone posted a picture of a girl in a bikini and now I don't feel welcome there."? If I am really interested in something and browsing a forum, someone posting a guy in a thong isn't going to stop me from reading there. I think people are made way more uncomfortable by the trolling. As far as attacking someone for the way they look, that is total bs whether they are male or female.

Yeah, I'm not sure the problem are the pictures. For some maybe, for me it's the power of anonymity gets into people and they start attacking people for their opinions, beliefs, or morals, from both sides of the coin. We can have discussions, and disagree, but no need to be nasty.

#722 9 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I don't think we should put American censorship thoughts about nudity on an International web forum. Next museums will be rated 18+ for having nude sculptures. Many areas of the world have laws allowing women to walk around topless just like men (like ontario Canada). Nude beaches are all over the world. I'd rather my daughter be exposed to naked people then violent people.
    Pinball is an adult industry. Decades of history have proved that.

Right, nude beaches are all over the world, but I'm sure there are plenty of signs to notify you of this. That's not at all like opening a thread talking about pinball machines women like and a dildo shows up. I think that's all that people are asking for, not to censor anything, but just put it in a category that parents can choose to allow our disallow for their children's login.

Of course it takes a community to enforce/abide by these categories. I don't think it's prudish at all, I think it's a desire to have a 'safe' community for children, but also have adult content if you so desire.

#742 9 years ago

I went back and checked out some old RGP stuff. This place is quickly on its way to becoming exactly what that was. Sure. There better controls here, but they don't get used. Where Frank, I'm sure he's here somewhere...

#749 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's what pinball is about, cartoon boobs and hidden phallus.
    It was like that back in the 1930s and it's still like that today with Luci.

Yes, but what's being posted isn't like that, and you know it.

#760 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Same thing.
    Q: What the difference between a cartoon woman with giant breasts and wasp thin waist and a totally man made woman with giant breasts and wasp thin waist?
    A: The cartoon woman is intended for children.

Man made.jpg 66 KB

And i don't think people are complaining about a post like that. But, why would it be so bad to have those things is a different category?

#763 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Again, use your 5 tools of Pinside utopia
    1. Drain threads
    2. Block users
    3. Tilt content
    4. Thumbs down posts
    5. Snitch to the mods
    You will either change the world here for the better or censor what doesn't fit into your spectrum of acceptable banter.
    Or
    Mods will eventually ignore your requests & you will have nothing to read because it's all hidden from your view
    See, you CAN control things here.

But don't you see you're asking other people to conform to what you want. You just think they're wrong and you're right. But all your points have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

#765 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Yes
    Because that's what they're doing
    See
    We can all complain together now

Only you're complaining, others are discussing why it might be an option. Well, not just you, but the people with the idea it's some type of censorship or something, and of course it's not.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_Rasmussen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-adult-themed-topics-should-be-in-a-private-sub-forum?tu=Matt_Rasmussen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.