Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 845 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the master.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg
    nelly.png
    wptbg.jpg
    deadhorse.gif
    some random guy.jpg
    dd.jpg
    d.jpg
    HOTGUYINRIVER.jpeg
    TWOHOTGUYS.jpeg
    HOT!.jpeg
    skill shot.jpg
    fonz-pinball-420.jpg
    kill everyone now.jpg
    sexy flounder.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 845 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
    #801 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

these types of comments are far more offensive than any boob pic...

I agree, but the sarcasm is obvious.

skill shot.jpgskill shot.jpg
    #802 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

These types of comments are far more offensive than any boob pic...

Sometimes the truth hurts.

#803 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You guys would hate the fishing forums.

sexy flounder.jpg 14 KB

Quoted from vid1900:

It's Robin's site, so he will run it by the standards he sees fit.
    He is not in the USA, so he judges by Euro standards, not prudish American standards.
    I dare anyone complaining to start their own $45 a year G-rated Pinside and see if you get more than even 50 users.
    I will give the forum software and the forum artwork for free to anyone who has the balls to do it.
    Put your money where your mouth is, it's only $45....

Robin has set rules that people don't follow - that's my point. If people just followed the pinside guidelines, the moderators would have a much easier job.

#804 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

But, how many of those women were there on their own and not accompanied by their husbands/boyfriends/fathers ?

Why does it even matter?

Quoted from vid1900:

That's what pinball is about, cartoon boobs and hidden phallus.
    It was like that back in the 1930s and it's still like that today with Luci.

It's definitely part of pinball's history, look at Bride of Pin*Bot! I'll give you Luci, but it's less and less part of pinball's culture. Name a few more Sterns that are all about sex - Sopranos had strippers I guess, though that's part of the theme. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

Quoted from iceman44:

I see a lot of PC "bullying" on here as well.

It doesn't feel good to be bullied, I suggest recognizing it for what it is and not participating.

Quoted from vid1900:

I'm old enough to know that some things remain constant, even the battle against ageism.

There's always going to be a rift in the establishment and younger generations. It's unfortunate that it comes down to an attack on a person's age rather than a civil disagreement.

#805 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmydred:

No, Pez... You started screaming misogyny early on in this thread about adult content. No one here hates anything about women. Made it your battle cry and pissed a lot folks off in the process. What is weird is you changed your argument to fit more in line with what folks seem to not like. Not misogyny, just nsfw content of any kind.

There has been tons of misogyny on pinside recently, and it seems to be ramping up. I have been consistent in my criticism of it, and that's not going to change. And again, I don't care about suggestive content that's on topic. I haven't even clicked the "women of pinball" thread, but images of women there would be on topic. I checked out the Whoa Nellie thread because the game looked interesting to me, but some of the posting in that thread was despicable and overtly misogynistic (by ANY standard). "Only ugly women complain about sexism", etc., won't rehash all that again. It was a trainwreck. When I called out a few of the worst comments, people started making fun of my wife and calling me gay.

In terms of the domain of this particular thread -- that is, discussing standards for what is and isn't acceptable posting, my position in this thread has also been consistent: personally I don't think random boobie pics in threads on the topic of pinball ought to be acceptable social behavior. I've had trouble getting people to read my posts, though. For example, at first you accused me of regaling against pinball artwork or whatever, which was simply never the case. After that you wanted to get into a pointless semantic debate about sexism vs. misogyny. Disagree with my point of view if you like, but I've been consistent.

Quoted from Jimmydred:

You can only speak for yourself, and we get your point. enough already. Pass the torch to someone else and let them have a turn as why or why not Pinside is place they like to visit. I get tired of seeing your redundant position on this topic. Everyone's opinion here maters, and no one is trying to bully you into changing yours. Claiming you have to keep explaining what your argument is because no one took the time to really read your posts is crap. Its effective range is zero meters. I read what you said. It is an easy solution as stated before. Use the tilt, so you don't have to feel the guilt... That way you stay safe. Have a great day!

It's difficult not to respond when you are being constantly called out by name and your arguments misrepresented.

#806 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

I think it's a travesty when I google "hot guys playing pinball" and this is the best that I can find without some serious googling and different wording choices. :[

fonz-pinball-420.jpg 24 KB

What about these guys?

HOT!.jpegHOT!.jpeg TWOHOTGUYS.jpegTWOHOTGUYS.jpeg HOTGUYINRIVER.jpegHOTGUYINRIVER.jpeg
    #807 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

some pinball machines had that kind of stuff, sure. doesn't mean that's what pinball is "about". besides, times change, old man. in the halcyon days of the 1930s, homosexuals if discovered were committed to insane asylums and african americans were lynched for dating outside of their race. i think we can agree that sometimes change is good.

Aside from the subject of this thread I am fed up with your constant negative references and characterisations of 'seniors' by the use of the word 'old'. Lay off pls.

#808 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Sometimes the truth hurts.

#809 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

RGP I'd just Plonk Frankenfncker's post and I would only see them when someone quoted them.
    It could not have been easier.

Good point - and I did the same with FF.

#810 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

What about these guys?

HOT!.jpeg 13 KB

TWOHOTGUYS.jpeg 12 KB

HOTGUYINRIVER.jpeg 15 KB

d.jpgd.jpg
    dd.jpgdd.jpg
    some random guy.jpgsome random guy.jpg

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #812 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

There has been tons of misogyny on pinside recently, and it seems to be ramping up. I have been consistent in my criticism of it, and that's not going to change. And again, I don't care about suggestive content that's on topic. I haven't even clicked the "women of pinball" thread, but images of women there would be on topic. I checked out the Whoa Nellie thread because the game looked interesting to me, but some of the posting in that thread was despicable and overtly misogynistic (by ANY standard). "Only ugly women complain about sexism", etc., won't rehash all that again. It was a trainwreck. When I called out a few of the worst comments, people started making fun of my wife and calling me gay.
    In terms of the domain of this particular thread -- that is, setting standards for what is and isn't acceptable posting, my position in this thread has also been consistent: personally I don't think random boobie pics in threads on the topic of pinball ought to be acceptable social behavior. I've had trouble getting people to read my posts, though. For example, at first you accused me of regaling against pinball artwork or whatever, which was simply never the case. After that you wanted to get into a pointless semantic debate about sexism vs. misogyny. Disagree with my point of view if you like, but I've been consistent.

It's difficult not to respond when you are being constantly called out by name and your arguments misrepresented.

deadhorse.gifdeadhorse.gif

#813 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

It's definitely part of pinball's history, look at Bride of Pin*Bot! I'll give you Luci, but it's less and less part of pinball's culture. Name a few more Sterns that are all about sex - Sopranos had strippers I guess, though that's part of the theme. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

Luci, Sopranos, AC/DC, Playboy, WPT, Whoa Nelly and I think all of KISS's songs are about having sex with underaged girls (although, not in OH where the age of consent is 16).

wptbg.jpgwptbg.jpg

#814 9 years ago

RonB - 1: That's a lot of sweat to overcome. 2: No thanks, I can't handle anything approaching Duck Dynasty status. 3: Maybe, especially if he visited a barber.

cosmokramer - 1: Personality overcomes any supposed hot/not, besides, I like his wife. 2: Betcha he's even more fun drunk. 3: I'm out, I've sworn off Jackie Chan.

Any more takers?

#815 9 years ago

Isn't Luci and AC/DC the same thing? So that's 4 titles out of dozens?

#816 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Isn't Luci and AC/DC the same thing?

Not exactly.

You prude wife **might** allow AC/DC with the old dinosaur rockers all over it (as long as she never sees the animations) , but she is not going to allow Luci - "In case you have forgotten, we have kids in this house!!!!".

#817 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Not exactly.
    You prude wife **might** allow AC/DC with the old dinosaurs all over it (as long as she never sees the animations) , but she is not going to allow Luci - "In case you have forgotten, we have kids in this house!!!!".

The hell. I told Frax the only way I was going to have AC/DC back in the house was if it was the Helen with nipples edition. Even that was a stretch, but it's a personal objection to the game, not the nipples.

I'm still waiting to see the price on Whoa Nellie. I wants it, precious.

#818 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

Any more takers?

There must be ONE in this lineup that catches your eye!

TheOneInTheCrowd.jpgTheOneInTheCrowd.jpg
    #820 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from Quiddity:

The hell. I told Frax the only way I was going to have AC/DC back in the house was if it was the Helen with nipples edition. Even that was a stretch, but it's a personal objection to the game, not the nipples.
    I'm still waiting to see the price on Whoa Nellie. I wants it, precious.

I think he was referring to the other guy's wife...not you.

#821 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg 49 KB

Yea. There's two dudes with side burns. What's up with that?

#822 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I think he was referring to the other guy's wife...not you.

Don't pee in the cheerios, man.

#823 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Not exactly.
    You prude wife **might** allow AC/DC with the old dinosaur rockers all over it (as long as she never sees the animations) , but she is not going to allow Luci - "In case you have forgotten, we have kids in this house!!!!".

AC/DC is really ugly though. At least Luci has good design.

#824 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg 49 KB

Lmao. I'll run with it.

1, okay.
    2, maybe after the chemo
    3, I truly hate the idea of prison and sex offender registries
    4, maybe - looks like his wife slugged him one last night, though
    5, sure
    6, betcha he's the most fun out of the lineup.

Everybody else is blurry.

#825 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I bought the regular Ac/dc premium because I didn't like the objectification of women on the Luci version.

Or did Luci come out after I bought the original?

#826 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

d.jpg 10 KB

dd.jpg 9 KB

some random guy.jpg 17 KB

All Hot! No smell either.

#827 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I bought the regular Ac/dc premium because I didn't like the objectification of women on the Luci version.

Luci came out after you bought the original.

If Luci had been released first I'd have had a harder time getting rid of our Premium. I also suspect that Stern wouldn't have sold anywhere near as many of the original premium version.

#828 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Luci, Sopranos, AC/DC, Playboy, WPT, Whoa Nelly and I think all of KISS's songs are about having sex with underaged girls

How about some Christine Sixteen!!!!

#829 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Couldn't tell you. Honestly the theme was a big enough turn-off that I didn't play it at all when it was on location near me (except in tournaments)

I don't enjoy AC/DC (the band).

#830 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

skill shot.jpg 45 KB

I love how they're playing TMNT, the game where Paul Faris (the artist) was told to make April O'Niel's boobs BIGGER and BIGGER.

#831 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

If Luci had been released first I'd have had a harder time getting rid of our Premium.

That's not saying much considering you let me make a horrible trade and were happy for us to take it in the rear on said trade to get rid of it.

#832 9 years ago

You guys really can't be serious on some of this stuff. Pinside is great, even with the "white old men" trolling around, and buying pinball machines so there actually still are pinball manufacturers.

#833 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Yeah, I love Luci.

#834 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Along the way, you have exposed your prejudice for the aged.

I almost fell off the couch laughing.

#835 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That's not saying much considering you let me make a horrible trade and were happy for us to take it in the rear on said trade to get rid of it.

Okay. I think out of the 26 or so machines that have exited the door, I was most happy to see AC/DC kicked to the curb. I might have shed half a tear for some decently drawn cartoon cleavage on the way out. That better?

#836 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

buying pinball machines so there actually still are pinball manufacturers.

Exactly.

#837 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

Okay. I think out of the 26 or so machines that have exited the door, I was most happy to see AC/DC kicked to the curb. I might have shed half a tear for some decently drawn cartoon cleavage on the way out. That better?

At least that statement is accurate.

Oh wait, nope, that's a lie too. I think you were more glad to see Supersonic go.

#839 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

At least that statement is accurate.
    Oh wait, nope, that's a lie too. I think you were more glad to see Supersonic go.

I don't know... the flying vaguely penis shaped plane was alright.

#840 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

I don't know... the flying vaguely penis shaped plane was alright.

The c--kcorde?

#841 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

The c--kcorde?

Very nice nickname, sir. I approve.

#842 9 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

No. I've expressed my opinion enough, read back if you want. My opinion is that we deserve a community where this doesn't happen to its one female moderator:

Bowen, I think your postulation is more than just segmenting content. You're really asking the community to shift it's tolerance of what is acceptable behavior or not.

The angle of 'move content' doesn't address how people behave towards one another or their attitudes towards topics or content. The whole 'move content' discussion has been addressed by this platform in the 'tilt' feature which has been here for quite some time. The community is self-moderated in that sense that people tag content, and people control their own view in terms of sensitivity. That system scales, its non-disruptive, and also fits the board owner's aim at balancing things.

But what started as a topic about segmenting content has really shown itself to be about behavior and attitudes - not the content itself. And frankly, it seems to be more about the objectifying of women vs. the classic issues of equality or ability or inclusion.

But this is a hobby/industry rooted in appealing to the stereotypical male desires... played out in bars and all the places your parents didn't want you hanging out in.

Obviously people should be respectful towards each other... but people aren't necessarily interested in appreciating pinball as a academic would, cold and isolated from it... but want to also embrace the attitudes the stuff is marketed to/with.

That doesn't mean raunchy frat house drinking and swearing 24/7 - but that also doesn't mean we should whitewash that Dave C painted that T&A to stimulate our hormones and that some actually LIKE that.

You can't walk into the halls of Penthouse and ask that the nudity be turned down so more women aren't offended by it.

The world where we achieve zero people being offended will be a dull and sterile place.

#843 9 years ago

You are right Pez... I thought you were being a dick just to be one. My Bad... In a different thread, if some one called you gay and insulted your wife.... You have the right to be pissed. That is complete bullshit and so wrong on all levels. More than unacceptable behavior. I do not condone that in anyway shape or form. I would think the mods would have been all over that. And if that is happening I missed it... And if I had seen it, I definitely called out bullshit on it.
    There is a huge difference between disagreeing with some ones point of view... Or starting shit just to insult some ones family with no fear because karma has never bitch slapped them. I guess some people think they can say what ever they want from their keyboard with no repercussions. Where I come from, an attack like that on me... No big deal. I am a big boy and could careless. But to say something bad about my wife, that would lead to real trouble. Seems people today have no respect anymore. I see it all the time when some D bag cuts me off in traffic and gives me the finger. Someday that finger is gonna get broken.
    You and I probably have more in common than not. (most certainly if your band was more like Bad Religion than Good Charlotte) Let agree to all say we like Pinside. Think about what we post and try to respect each other . And when in doubt, whip out the tilt. I still laugh at some of the stuff even though it not PG/PC. like I said before have a great day everyone.

#844 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmydred:

You are right Pez... I thought you were being a dick just to be one. My Bad... In a different thread, if some one called you gay and insulted your wife.... You have the right to be pissed. That is complete bullshit and so wrong on all levels. More than unacceptable behavior. I do not condone that in anyway shape or form. I would think the mods would have been all over that. And if that is happening I missed it... And if I had seen it, I definitely called out bullshit on it.
    There is a huge difference between disagreeing with some ones point of view... Or starting shit just to insult some ones family with No Fear because karma has never bitch slapped them. I guess some people think they can say what ever they want from their keyboard with no repercussions. Where I come from, an attack like that on me... No big deal. I am a big boy and could careless. But to say something bad about my wife, that would lead to real trouble. Seems people today have no respect anymore. I see it all the time when some D bag cuts me off in traffic and gives me the finger. Someday that finger is gonna get broken.
    You and I probably have more in common than not. (most certainly if your band was more like Bad Religion than Good Charlotte) Let agree to all say we like Pinside. Think about what we post and try to respect each other . And when in doubt, whip out the tilt. I still laugh at some of the stuff even though it not PG/PC. like I said before have a great day everyone.

Classy post, Jimmydred.

#845 9 years ago

Both sides have expressed their view.

Now it is time to close this thread.

Marcus

There are 845 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-adult-themed-topics-should-be-in-a-private-sub-forum/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.