Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 845 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the master.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOneInTheCrowd.jpg
    nelly.png
    wptbg.jpg
    deadhorse.gif
    some random guy.jpg
    dd.jpg
    d.jpg
    HOTGUYINRIVER.jpeg
    TWOHOTGUYS.jpeg
    HOT!.jpeg
    skill shot.jpg
    fonz-pinball-420.jpg
    kill everyone now.jpg
    sexy flounder.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 845 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
    #551 9 years ago

Hahahaha, funniest thing I'll see today. We also use concur.

#552 9 years ago

On another note, I find it comical how some of these guys feel that they are more "cultured" than others. Obviously being exposed to such worldy wonders that no other pinsider could ever imagine hasn't made you sophisticated enough to not come off as a pompous ass.

#553 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Sadly, your methods of arguing a point and having hidden behind this ridiculous screen name after you purported to leave the site because of these issues in the first place comes very near to rendering your argument completely ineffective.

What's "sad"? I think it's a perfectly effective manner of making my point. And I'm not "hiding" behind my name; I've been completely up front about my identity though it's actually none of your business. I didn't leave Pinside (over a year ago) because of "these issues"; I left because I enjoy PINBALL. The game. I don't enjoy sitting around arguing with a bunch of rude oldsters about pinball; I enjoy working on the games and playing them, and then opening my collection to others.

Curtis Playfield is a completely rad name; you are jealous.

Anyway the reason I came back is this: I saw a Mousin Around for sale on here and I wanted it. Then I saw a pair of linked NBAFBs, and bought those too. Then I saw a bunch of folks carrying on about how unattractive and loserish I am, and got sick of it, and spoke up.

Your read on the situation is wrong, and very dim. Think it over and just be nice.

#554 9 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

On another note, I find it comical how some of these guys feel that they are more "cultured" than others. Obviously being exposed to such worldy wonders that no other pinsider could ever imagine hasn't made you sophisticated enough to not come off as a pompous ass.

That's the joke. Anyone can get on a plane.

#555 9 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

I don't enjoy sitting around arguing with a bunch of rude oldsters about pinball .

#556 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

That's the joke. Anyone can get on a plane.

that was kinda my point.

#557 9 years ago

Touché! I do the arguing sometimes, but not because I enjoy doing it Trust me, being me on here completely sucks.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #559 9 years ago

Touché! I do the arguing sometimes, but not because I enjoy doing it Trust me, being me on here completely sucks.

although we dont always see eye to eye...I for one am glad to see you back as I have always enjoyed reading your posts...
    ...even when your wrong ( )

#560 9 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

that was kinda my point.

Mine too.

#561 9 years ago

I've been completely up front about my identity though it's actually none of your business. I didn't leave Pinside (over a year ago) because of "these issues";

What was your pinside name a year ago? Sorry if I missed the post where you said it.

#562 9 years ago

Don't worry. I didn't mean anything I said in those first two paragraphs. It was a parody post, similar to Curtis_Playfield's post, riffing off of other prior posts. That's why I added the "winking" and "sarcasm" smilies, which never get copied when quoted.

The only part I truly meant was the last paragraph. I appreciated Curtis_Playfield chiming in, and I wish other women would chime in, too. I'm glad she is here, and I'm glad blondetall is here, too. IMO, blondetall is an EXCELLENT moderator.

#563 9 years ago

Reading through this is like watching two old guys turn off their hearing aids during a shouting match.

Bowen isn't the second coming, but he is a hell of a nice guy.

People need to stop trying to control everything. If they want that, nude or prude, they should make their own site.

Robin's site. Robin's rules.

For a place that is supposedly made up of men there is more needless drama than a high school clique.

#564 9 years ago

Curtis Playfield is a completely rad name

I think this is the only thing in this thread that most of us can agree on.

Solidarity, brothers and sisters.

#565 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

although we dont always see eye to eye...I for one am glad to see you back as I have always enjoyed reading your posts...
    ...even when your wrong ( )

Thank you; I'm actually a big fan of civil disagreement. Hope to see you around soon!

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What was your pinside name a year ago? Sorry if I missed the post where you said it.

Pinball Molly. It was a pretty dark time, arguably as dark as my brief foray into RGP; no one liked me then, either

#568 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Well, I think you are pretty cool. Fuck the haters.

No offense to anyone, but I won't be ducking ANY of these guys. HEY THANKS AUTOCORRECT

#569 9 years ago

Haha.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #570 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

yes, I know now that he is responsible for those helpful videos..
    but it still does not make his opinion on how Robin should run his site any more important than mine, or yours...

Completely agree. Just thought you might like to know.

I posted in that thread, so I remember it. I also tried to help you. Not sure it did much good, but I tried anyway.

#571 9 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

In my 30 years of traveling the world and seeing how other cultures act, I can safely say:
    Americans are such prudes!
    Seriously, how many of you neophytes have ever spent more than a couple weeks outside North America getting exposed to the progressive, mature cultures around the rest of the globe?
    (rhetorical questions - answer to yourself, because I already know your answer).

How would the majority of pinside react to flipped sexual content, i.e. 95% sexy men with little clothes on? And snide jokes about how men are only good for lifting heavy things and fighting wars littered throughout? It's not that it would be the worst thing in the world, but it wouldn't be the same place for many current pinsiders, and it would likely result in them leaving the community.

I think there's a split argument here, some are complaining because it's NSFW, but the primary argument is that the content in question is enjoyed by some section of men, tolerated by some section of men and women, and turning away some section of men and women. I've said it in a couple other times in this thread, but I frankly don't think anyone should tell anyone else to change, but it's worth admitting that this is happening, and being honest that staying the same is pushing some people away from Pinside. If you're fine with that, then fine, but at least admit it, instead of the stupidity of calling others prudes or whatever else.

#572 9 years ago

Has anyone really been told "I tried Pinside because I am interested in pinball, but someone posted a picture of a girl in a bikini and now I don't feel welcome there."? If I am really interested in something and browsing a forum, someone posting a guy in a thong isn't going to stop me from reading there. I think people are made way more uncomfortable by the trolling. As far as attacking someone for the way they look, that is total bs whether they are male or female.

#573 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyfive:

How would the majority of pinside react to flipped sexual content, i.e. 95% sexy men with little clothes on?

Wouldn't bother me. For starters, I own a Laser Cue (picture from ipdb):

lasercue-ipdb-backglass-image-17.jpglasercue-ipdb-backglass-image-17.jpg

#574 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I agree with your opinion and I can see why you think this but I feel this thread has had an impact on some.
    I am guilty of contributing to the derailment of the "Machines Women Like" thread by posting a picture of a vibrator early on in that thread. It was Friday night and I'm pretty sure I had a couple of drinks and the 13 year old boy in me came out. I never claim to be a "big brain" or "scholar" even though I am pretty damn successful at what I do in life but the 13 year old boy is always right there with his silly juvenile humor waiting to "speak his wisdom".
    Prior to reading this thread started by bkerins, I had looked back at my post in the "Machines Women Like" thread and I notice no one "tilted" my post AND I received two "thumbs up". The 13 year old in me was saying "Shit, you da man. There are 2 others out there with the same sense of humor, right on" even though I figured most people were indifferent to the image.
    bkerins thread isn't going to really change my stupid sense of humor but I now realize that when I post pictures of vibrators or other stupid stuff (funny in my small pea brained mind) I'll be a little more careful and self tilt.
    One thing for sure is that I'll continue to unhide any tilted posts I see because sometimes there is some pretty funny stuff hidden behind those tilt warnings. There are obviously allot of 13 year olds out there who share the same silly ass thinking I do.
    I do however think Bowen and this thread has had an impact and I'll be a little more careful and self-tilt when the child in me rears up. It's sometimes hard to change the world with words but you can at least plant a few seeds and watch it grow into a garden.

Sorry, sorry, 13 year in the room.
    QSS

Garden.jpg 20 KB

How about a little more passive aggressive next time.

#575 9 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

Has anyone really been told "I tried Pinside because I am interested in pinball, but someone posted a picture of a girl in a bikini and now I don't feel welcome there."? If I am really interested in something and browsing a forum, someone posting a guy in a thong isn't going to stop me from reading there. I think people are made way more uncomfortable by the trolling. As far as attacking someone for the way they look, that is total bs whether they are male or female.

Yeah, I'm not sure the problem are the pictures. For some maybe, for me it's the power of anonymity gets into people and they start attacking people for their opinions, beliefs, or morals, from both sides of the coin. We can have discussions, and disagree, but no need to be nasty.

#576 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Completely agree. Just thought you might like to know.
    I posted in that thread, so I remember it. I also tried to help you. Not sure it did much good, but I tried anyway.

yes...I remember, thank you...ended up trading the game because it just did not click with me, but now I find myself playing it on location and enjoying it...go figure

#577 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyfive:

If you're fine with that, then fine, but at least admit it, instead of the stupidity of calling others prudes or whatever else.

Other than a few countries like Saudi Arabia, the USA is very prudish compared to the rest of the world.

Most states in the USA won't let wine be sold on Christmas Day. Jesus MADE wine!!!

In some states, if you serve liquor in a stripbar, women have to keep their bottoms on. In Canada strippers are all nude, liquor is served, and the Canadians have the longest lifespans in the world!!

Or states where it is illegal to breast feed in public?? WTF? What could be more natural than breast feeding your baby?

#578 9 years ago

Yeah, some of the states are ridiculous. Here in Indiana, I can't go buy a beer at a store on Sunday and take it home to drink it. However, I can go to any restaurant that serves alcohol and get trashed and drive home.

#579 9 years ago

Looks like this thread has run its course...time to play some Ironman

#580 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

In some states, if you serve liquor in a stripbar, women have to keep their bottoms on

Welcome to South Carolina....

For me, the funniest part of that law has always been that fully nude places are allowed to let you bring your own beer/liquor inside, they just can't sell it. Most of them here will loan you a cooler with some ice to chill your beer down.

Have you ever been to a strip club sober? What a terrible experience.

#582 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Welcome to South Carolina....
    For me, the funniest part of that law has always been that fully nude places are allowed to let you bring your own beer/liquor inside, they just can't sell it. Most of them here will loan you a cooler with some ice to chill your beer down.
    Have you ever been to a strip club sober? What a terrible experience.

Going sober is ok. Staying long enough for them to turn on the lights.... not ok.

#583 9 years ago

12 pages zzzzzzz. time to drain this and go reward myself with some questionable material..

#584 9 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

Does

Wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm sure I could find humor in it. I usually do.
    Do you think posting this image of the contents of a Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Cake Mountain Playset will get anyone's panties in a bunch and make them leave?

Article here:
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/2015/01/01/hasbro-replace-phallic-play-doh-accessory/

Play-Doh Cake Mountain Set Conte... 15 KB

I know a picture of a sexy man I posted got tilted almost immediately, while the girl duct taped to the wall went a very long time before it was.

#585 9 years ago

What's "sad"? I think it's a perfectly effective manner of making my point. And I'm not "hiding" behind my name; I've been completely up front about my identity though it's actually none of your business. I didn't leave Pinside (over a year ago) because of "these issues"; I left because I enjoy PINBALL. The game. I don't enjoy sitting around arguing with a bunch of rude oldsters about pinball; I enjoy working on the games and playing them, and then opening my collection to others.
    Curtis Playfield is a completely rad name; you are jealous.
    Anyway the reason I came back is this: I saw a Mousin Around for sale on here and I wanted it. Then I saw a pair of linked NBAFBs, and bought those too. Then I saw a bunch of folks carrying on about how unattractive and loserish I am, and got sick of it, and spoke up.
    Your read on the situation is wrong, and very dim. Think it over and just be nice.

I back up your position and get attacked. Awesome. I will let you get back to defending your position with ridiculous hyperbole.

Oldsters....I'm 33...get a clue. And as far as playing pinball versus trolling forums....I have been to and or run 5 tournaments in the last two months, and a league finals. Finishing out the year second for Texas SCS and 106th overall for IFPA...I am pretty damn sure I do okay in that regard too. Done with you, and frankly this thread after this. My piece was said a long time ago on this issue and if you choose to shoot allies in the foot then so be it....but I ain't gonna be reading it.

#586 9 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

Do you think posting this image of the contents of a Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Cake Mountain Playset will get anyone's panties in a bunch and make them leave?

And what could be more family friendly than Disney's The Little Mermaid?

th-1-700.jpegth-1-700.jpeg

#587 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I back up your position and get attacked. Awesome. I will let you get back to defending your position with ridiculous hyperbole.
    Oldsters....I'm 33...get a clue. And as far as playing pinball versus trolling forums....I have been to and or run 5 tournaments in the last two months, and a league finals. Finishing out the year second for Texas SCS and 106th overall for IFPA...I am pretty damn sure I do okay in that regard too. Done with you, and frankly this thread after this. My piece was said a long time ago on this issue and if you choose to shoot allies in the foot then so be it....but I ain't gonna be reading it.

Who is "attacking" you? I can't make heads or tails of what point you're attempting to make. Anyway, best of luck, goodbye Frax!

For the record, in my experience I've always been least popular with Texans

#588 9 years ago

Who is "attacking" you? I can't make heads or tails of what point you're attempting to make. Anyway, best of luck, goodbye Frax!

Frax doesn't like to be included as a Texan, but I do and you're welcome here in Austin anytime.

#589 9 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

Regardless of how this thread turns out, I'd sure like to see "panties in a bunch" go by the wayside.

#590 9 years ago

Come visit Austin. We will welcome you with open arms , cold beer and good bbq

--Jeff

#591 9 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Come visit Austin. We will welcome you with open arms , cold beer and good bbq
    --Jeff

And a few em machines!

#592 9 years ago

I totally dig Austin! I'll be down there soon hopefully, and I expect to party.

#593 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Regardless of how this thread turns out, I'd sure like to see "panties in a bunch" go by the wayside.

Can we keep butthurt for a while longer? I still like it.

#594 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

Can we keep butthurt for a while longer? I still like it.

Both phrases are pretty crass, aren't they?

#595 9 years ago

I really don't see what would be wrong with having a "Taliban-Friendly" section of the forum for the fundamentalist crowd to hang out in and discuss what they consider to be 100% wholesome topics.

It doesn't bother me one bit.

#596 9 years ago

Excellent comparison!

#597 9 years ago

They're just trying to prep our youth for the mandated junior high "health class" they are now subject to.

Quoted from bstyles:

Does

Wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm sure I could find humor in it. I usually do.

Article here:
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/2015/01/01/hasbro-replace-phallic-play-doh-accessory/

Play-Doh Cake Mountain Set Conte... 15 KB

#598 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Other than a few countries like Saudi Arabia, the USA is very prudish compared to the rest of the world.
    Most states in the USA won't let wine be sold on Christmas Day. Jesus MADE wine!!!
    In some states, if you serve liquor in a stripbar, women have to keep their bottoms on. In Canada strippers are all nude, liquor is served, and the Canadians have the longest lifespans in the world!!
    Or states where it is illegal to breast feed in public?? WTF? What could be more natural than a breast feeding baby?

You're missing the point completely. It's not about being a prude. Bowen didn't ask for it to be removed. He just asked for it to have it's place. What if your favorite porn site started frequently posting pictures of stamp collections?

#599 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

You're missing the point completely. It's not about being a prude. Bowen didn't ask for it to be removed. He just asked for it to have it's place. What if your favorite porn site started frequently posting pictures of stamp collections?

Like these?

http://www.postbeeld.com/en/stamps/search&category=nu

#600 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

What if your favorite porn site started frequently posting pictures of stamp collections?

Can we wait a few years on this? The technology isn't there yet to lick the stamps.

There are 845 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinion-adult-themed-topics-should-be-in-a-private-sub-forum/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.