(Topic ID: 210451)

Operators...How is Guardians of the Galaxy doing on location?

By hd60609

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 1 year ago

Guardians of the Galaxy seems to be very polarizing on Pinside. There are many people that seem to enjoy the game, like I do, and many people who have tried it and think it is horrible. I understand that people like and dislike different things for various reasons.

I am curious how operators feel about how its earning on location, not a player's perspective. Anyone have info/an opinion?

#2 1 year ago

I have Aerosmith pro, guardian pro and hobbit Le side by side. First week guardian took in the most, second week hobbit did. But all with in a few bucks of each other.

#3 1 year ago

It is consistently second or third ranked earner in my seven game lineup: TWD SW TRON GB GOTG IM BM66. And has been consistent since I placed it ASAP in late Nov’17.

It does well.

#4 1 year ago

Just curious - what does best in that lineup?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Guardians of the Galaxy seems to be very polarizing on Pinside. There are many people that seem to enjoy the game, like I do, and many people who have tried it and think it is horrible. I understand that people like and dislike different things for various reasons.
I am curious how operators feel about how its earning on location, not a player's perspective. Anyone have info/an opinion?

not very well

like any new pin it did well the first month, but dropped like a brick after that.

3rd place in a 4 pin line up this past month. Your money is better spent elsewhere if you are thinking of routing.

Lots of problems with if from a maintenance perspective also.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious - what does best in that lineup?

Star Wars is king.

#7 1 year ago

Comparatively speaking, one of the worst first three months of any new game I have routed going back to 2010, only Pabst Can Crusher and Full Throttle were weaker out of the gate. So, from an earnings perspective, that makes GOTG 17th out of 19 different new titles I have routed in that timespan. Would I buy it again after this experience? No, I would not. Weak initial launch code really hurt this game.

New code is changing the way people play GOTG during league play. No more Groot multiball all day, so hopefully these new code releases will stimulate additional play on location.

#8 1 year ago

Already want to sell mine. The code was so bad I let it sit the first 6 weeks. I was afraid the play would turn off my customers. Got it out just after the new year and earnings are weak. Star wars is next to it and still kills it.

3 months later
#9 1 year ago

Still always top 3. And the most recent code updates are tremendous. GOTG is a forgotten gem right in front of our faces. People will come around like they did on TWD - not to the extent of ame of the year or TWD did in general, but I assure you if you haven’t played newest code on GOTG and all you played was a few mos ago that you’re missing out on what is now a great game, and an extremely high bang for buck Pro model.

#10 1 year ago

pretty crazy, this has been my top earner since I got it a few months ago, it didn't do as good as GB the first month but pretty good none the less. TWD or AFMR had the spot before that. Probably just depends on what your casual player to pinball player ratio is.

Been seeing this a lot with different ops. The only reason I didn't get it previously is because there are 2 free play places 30 minutes from me that have it. I try to steer clear of the games they have to maximize earning potential and also so there is a variety of games on location (with regular hours) where I live. One place got GOTG after I did and it didn't affect the earnings, so maybe I need to rethink things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Charles, MO
Machine - For Sale
Topsfield, MA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside