“Will you get one for your location based on theme?”

• Yes 61 votes
    52%
  • No 41 votes
    35%
  • Undecided 16 votes
    14%

(118 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Reasonably confident that Black Knight wouldn't earn well at my main location (barcade, lots of players in their 30s). The loop shot is fun for a while on BK2K and the music is awesome, but if it earned well I think you'd see it more often on location. Although Black Knight was groundbreaking for the time, the rules don't hold up at all. With a rules rewrite, it could turn into something I would enjoy playing.

Dialed In earned poorly for me relative to the price tag. It earned only a tiny bit more than stuff like Fish Tales and Congo (even at 75 cents for Dialed In vs 50 cents for the B list Bally/Williams games). I love the game, but who is going to choose that over Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, or Addams Family? Only the real pinheads.

Dialed In scarred me a bit regarding original themes. Took me a long time to try out a TNA but it's only been out about two weeks, so too early to tell.

Sad to say it, but for operating NIB, theme is almost all that matters in terms of the cashbox. If you want to operate original themes, save your money and buy stuff from the 70s and 80s for 1/4 of the cost.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But even if the theme is good, the software has to come out from the factory at least KIND OF good initially.

Sadly, I wouldn't agree with that.

South Park crushes (at some locations). Ghostbusters has been my second best earning game ever. Stern Indiana Jones earns decently.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

the initial interest (dollars) at the location fell off after only about 2-3 weeks and never recovered

I say the same thing about Dialed In, but I blame the theme.

The execution on Munsters is great, IMO, but few care that much about the theme. Star Wars has been the best earning game I've ever had...but it's 1000% not because of the code. Munsters wouldn't become the best earning game ever if it had Star Wars code.

Any new game gets a lot of early interest.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dialed In fell off a cliff here, too. Same with Hobbit. Only WoZ is still here.

What do you mean by this...Dialed In code isn't good? (Edit: or sorry, I think I understand. Earnings fell off a cliff.)

Hobbit code is pretty close to WOZ. People can play dozens of games on either without having any idea about how they did what they did. Even if someone who does understand the game is helping you out, they can't give you a good strategy, all they can do is tell you about the concepts...and maybe point you toward the closest thing once you've already flailed around and hit some shots.

I thought Hobbit earned pretty well, no? WOZ has been great, but it's not the code.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ghostbusters and Stern Indiana Jones are definitely good enough for location

I disagree. IJ4 has an 8 ball multiball, and the rest is endless wood chopping.

League scores on GB are utterly depressing. Median scores are typically around 30m, with about 20% below 10m. These are scores from regulars. People have no idea how to play that game. The ones who do are really just playing for scoring exploits anyway. Theme, sound, art are awesome.

#18 5 years ago

Those scores are over multiple seasons at two different locations (one mine, and one not) with different player bases. Only the top players are getting 100m consistently.

No one plays the Rock Paper Scissors game because it’s worth nothing in tournament mode. Don’t cross the streams is worth 60m, but most people can’t hit that shot without accidentally turning off the skills shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 16.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operators-poll-black-knight-sword-of-rage-?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.