(Topic ID: 225258)

Operators! Please - A question about operating agreements.

By Dbaum88

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181005-101604.png
    deputy-badge-pinside (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

I know a lot of deals are 50/50 on coin drop

Almost NO ONE is doing 50/50 on pins anymore. At least not if they're keeping their pins current. Maybe with some old, beat piece-of-crap machines.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

I'd love to have some pins OTP and in the Roswell-Alpharetta-Cumming area. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Looks like you already have some places with recent pins there:
    Mazzy's sports bar
    Taco Mac at Crabapple
    North River Tavern
    Hudson Grill
    Bobby G's
    Movies 400

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

This is the reason I finally pulled games from one bar, every time I came in there were boxes stacked in front of the cab.
    The floor was always insanely sticky, (I used to sweep and mop (with a fiber towel) the area around the games). The machines were unplugged for one whole week, nobody knew why. Issues were never reported, which sucked because I only came in weekly.
    The management of the place, is just as important as foot traffic.

A small internet-connected security camera and some wemos are great for checking in remotely. If you see a machine locked up (Iron maiden had lockup issues) on the live feed (viewable on your phone) or with some other issue, you can reboot remotely by turning the Wemo off for that machine then back on. Wemos can be had for $10 or $15. A decent camera is about $50. Well worth it, especially for locations you don't get to often.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Wemos have a security vulnerability that is probably never going to be fixed. They are unsuitable for use on any network with critical data such as credit card transactions. https://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/656302

That hasn't been updated since 2014, and Belkin has done 3 security updates this year alone.

But even if some of those still exist, I doubt pinball machines are a problem, and these are hooked to a public network (only) at the locations, so no problems with critical devices.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Those pinmap entries are all 3 years old or older. Half the places aren’t there anymore.
    Ypurchin- stop sells mg off your machines and route them if you want locations!

Seems like a good time to update them, then.

deputy-badge-pinside (resized).jpgdeputy-badge-pinside (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #56 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

so I did my share and updated the pinside maps with stuff that is within distance of me.... updates on something else coming onto route?
    although I did not find many pins, I did find a place that serves Chicago dogs.

Did you update pinballmap.com, too? I use both, and many others do, too.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Yes and the 3rd time is not a charm. Thrice I’ve tried to update it in the last 2 years and they don’t approve what I submit. I use the app and I love it but I’m done trying to update it.

That's weird. They shouldn't have to approve any changes unless you're adding or deleting locations completely. When they rehabbed the site all that changed. Maybe you have a bad local admin - that happens. We had one here that thought it was their map and wouldn't put location on they didn't want to. That didn't last once the owner got involved.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operators-please-a-question-about-operating-agreements?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.