(Topic ID: 225258)

Operators! Please - A question about operating agreements.

By Dbaum88

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181005-101604.png
    deputy-badge-pinside (resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from buffaloatx:

As I said, "most" locations won't go for 100%.

Agreed. I did a complete pro/con sheet for this location and a local bowling alley. Included was how honest I thought the proprietor was, how good the location was, how much advertising was done, how secure the site was, how stable the businesses were, whether they sold beer or not, whether the proprietor was a pinball fan or not and revenue splitting.

I don't make much on my 2 machines, mostly I think because Grand Junction Colorado (indeed, all of Western Colorado) isn't a big pinball town. And 2 is the limit, no room for any more.

The big deciders for me was how secure the machines would be which included if people could beat them up. Aman at the Lonely Toy Store is right there guarding the machines so I'm secure knowing they are fine. Only issue is they will get sun this winter. That's OK, nothing lasts forever.

#52 3 years ago

Contrary to some of the stories posted here, I've had nothing but good experiences operating. It's not a super profitable thing to do, but it could be a rewarding side gig if you love pinball. And you'll help grow your local scene.

All the pins you see out on location are being operated by someone who took the plunge and discovered it was worth it for them.

My cut is 65% at my best location and 75% at the other two. Aim high. The venue is going to be making money off the pinball regulars in other ways.

1 week later
    #53 3 years ago

Most of the post here are on coin split. Does anyone have a template of an agreement between the establishment and the operator that codifies other conditions? Such as notification if there are problems with the games, if the establishment goes out of business, or any other legal mumbo jumbo that could be used in a court to recoup losses from a "lock out" or other issues?

Thanks in advance

#54 3 years ago

Spend the extra money and get GOOD locks!

#55 3 years ago

so I did my share and updated the pinside maps with stuff that is within distance of me.... updates on something else coming onto route?

although I did not find many pins, I did find a place that serves Chicago dogs.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

so I did my share and updated the pinside maps with stuff that is within distance of me.... updates on something else coming onto route?
    although I did not find many pins, I did find a place that serves Chicago dogs.

Did you update pinballmap.com, too? I use both, and many others do, too.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from JBK:

Spend the extra money and get GOOD locks!

It's a fun trade off.

Use cheap locks and occasionally someone will break in.

Use good locks and occasionally you can install a new coin door.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's a fun trade off.

Use lock bar across the front and occasionally install a new front on the cabinet.

LTG : )

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Use lock bar across the front and occasionally install a new front on the cabinet.

And drill 1/2" holes through the sacred decals?????

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

And drill 1/2" holes through the sacred decals?????

That's okay. You'll be putting new decals on the new front anyway.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you update pinballmap.com, too? I use both, and many others do, too.

Yes and the 3rd time is not a charm. Thrice I’ve tried to update it in the last 2 years and they don’t approve what I submit. I use the app and I love it but I’m done trying to update it.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's a fun trade off.

Cheap locks I can pop in literally 2 seconds. Duo hardened if installed correctly you will not pop. I've tried and it took way more effort than a thief is gonna give. If you have the lock really tight it's tough to do and yes you will likely break the hinge on the door first.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Yes and the 3rd time is not a charm. Thrice I’ve tried to update it in the last 2 years and they don’t approve what I submit. I use the app and I love it but I’m done trying to update it.

That's weird. They shouldn't have to approve any changes unless you're adding or deleting locations completely. When they rehabbed the site all that changed. Maybe you have a bad local admin - that happens. We had one here that thought it was their map and wouldn't put location on they didn't want to. That didn't last once the owner got involved.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Thrice I’ve tried to update it in the last 2 years and they don’t approve what I submit.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe you have a bad local admin - that happens. We had one here that thought it was their map and wouldn't put location on they didn't want to. That didn't last once the owner got involved.

Send them an email and ask what's going on. They have been very responsive every time I've had a question.
    Nice to see Brian Dols is involved now, great guy.

Screenshot_20181005-101604.png
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside