Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago

I think there is a huge difference between early ECLE editions and the ones they are cranking out now. I'm not an operator, but I did take mine (Ruby Red, build date september 2015) to MAGFest where it got over 900 plays in 4 days, and it held up fine.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

I have heard the first years/ releases were rough but with recent code updates te game is pretty reliable. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Also is it true JJ offers a pretty nice warranty? Hate to drop 8500 on something that has issues all the time.

Like I said, if you get a new one now, it will be reliable. It's been in production for several years at this point and they've got the kinks worked out. (That said, NO pin is perfect, and most NiB pins, regardless of manufacturer, require some adjustment after unboxing).

As far as code goes, it's got some of the deepest and best code of any pin there is, and the recent updates are great. I'm not sure the code affects overall reliability much, though.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

less maintenance as well.

to be fair, if you get two Sterns, that's twice the maintenance of one Stern. I doubt WOZ is more than twice the maintenance of a Stern. (although there are probably those who would argue that point )

Quoted from boagman:

Starting something simple like multiball should not be a mysterious chore that doesn't really make sense...there should be a pretty clear path, and there isn't.

there are a ton of features, but i don't think any particular feature is overly complicated. starting multiball (Rescue or Emerald City) is pretty straightforward --

EC Multiball: light each lock by spelling "scarecrow", "tin man", and "lion". lock each ball by hitting the ramp. lock 3 balls for multiball. couldn't be simpler.

Rescue Multiball: hit the two monkey targets to light the winged monkey. send the ball to the winged monkey, who locks the ball in the castle (thus capturing Dorothy). go to the castle, spell rescue, bash the door down, and enter the castle. viola. Rescue Multiball.

to be sure, if you are trying to win a tournament, there are all kinds of nuances in terms of stacking modes and stuff if you really want to get super huge scores, but anyone can walk up and pretty much figure out those 2 multiball modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operators-is-wizard-of-oz-worth-it?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.