Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Operators Facebook page”

• Yes 8 votes
      24%
    • No 26 votes
      76%

(34 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

No.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

But if they do have top secret stuff won't they want to keep it to themselves?

I think you'll more run into the ops who have been doing it longer, have no intention of teaching the new ops. The new ops can learn things the hard way, just like the seasoned veterans had to.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Seems there is a lot of interest in becoming an operator of amusements lately.

It comes and goes. Especially if the economy slows down, people look for a way to make lots of easy money.

Take me for example. When I'm open, about all I can do is sit and make change and keep an eye on things. They think it's easy and they can do it. They don't seem to be here when I'm in a few hours early or hours after I close for the big things. Scrubbing floor, recovering pool tables, major work on a pinball machine. The don't consider I'm open 12 hours a day either. That would severely cut down on family life.

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Seems odd that people are asking such personal questions

Hardly a week goes by that someone doesn't ask me how much I make. I always respond with a "very" personal question about them. They usually seem offended if they get asked something personal.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I wonder if there would be opportunity for experienced operators to create some new income by doing the same thing.

I had a couple thoughts on this. What works for me might not work somewhere else.

And when they muck it up, can you get sued ?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

but why not swap stories about what crazy things your customers have done

I'm saving those for my book. "My Life as a Pinball Tech & Lover.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

The technological barrier will keep out cranky old school operators who won't share anyway.

Works for me.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Food for thought.

Thank you for that.

Quoted from frolic:

I have this program I've developed where I can make myself available to you."

All ready doing that. Trying to make my little corner of pinball better. Helping people get the most out of their games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operators-facebook-page?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.