(Topic ID: 102944)

Operators can use some help Manufactures are you listening?

By Eddie

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eddie:

You ask what about the coil wires you still need to solder them so where do you save time with a clip on assembly?

I talked to a JJP staff member about this during a factory tour. He said they started out using clips for easy swaps, but found that they would shake loose sooner or later, making things unreliable. Also, clips cost slightly more than just soldering the wires. So, because of those two reasons, they ended up abandoning clips and just going with soldering.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

How about an easy simple way to remove the entire PF? PK2K was really on to something there. I mean, remove 5 plugs and out she comes. And the best thing it that it has it's own built in stand with it's full length rails.
    No matter what game you look at, there is NO reason why they cant take the massive strands of wires and cut them right in half. Add a nice heavy duty connector, and DONE! You need to take your PF out? Fine, Just take apart the 2 big wire connectors under the PF and you're done.

Bringing up JJP again, WOZ has some pin2000 elements in the playfield removal. Similar rails, and all the cables are connected to the electronics chassis down at the bottom of the cabinet. It's not quick like a single cable, or at the base of the playfield, but they can still be unplugged fairly quickly in succession.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

So are the wires to the coils on WoZ playfields now soldered in place or are blade connectors being used?

Yup, soldered in place. No blade connectors.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Thanks for that. If that is true, it looks like JJP either ran out of blade terminals and wants to ship games or Absocountry2 and I were right when we posted this in November, 2012 but were dismissed:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/footage-of-the-guys-of-wizard-of-oz-pinball-at-iaapa

Like I mentioned earlier, according to JJP staff I talked to, the problem was that they eventually shook loose, which made things unreliable. So, they switched to soldering, which was more reliable and cheaper.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operators-can-use-some-help-manufactures-are-you-listening?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.