By stangbat

1 month ago

Stats

• 43 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    TZ cleavage (resized).jpg
    boxes (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 42 days ago

For the operators, when I was a kid, I used to go to an arcade on the Ocean City boardwalk. Being a kid with not much money, I'd always keep my eyes on the hunt for fallen quarters on the ground or in the coin return of games. One day, while hunting for lost quarters, the lady/operator yelled at me to stop. I wasn't quite sure what I had done wrong, so I continued to look around games. She hopped off her chair, walked up to me, and said something along the lines of "you can't do that here." Being young and impressionable, I sulked off, embarrassed, played a game on the single quarter I had found earlier, and left. I wasn't even walking or going places I wasn't supposed to go, and I never crawled under or between anything.

That moment has stuck with me for years. I remember the woman being pretty annoyed at me to the point where she definitely followed me to make sure I wouldn't do it again, and to this day, I'm still not sure why. All I wanted to do was look for quarters that I'd literally just put into a game and play. The establishment would've received my business, AND the forgotten quarters I had picked up for them.

So I ask: Did younger me do anything wrong? Is it frowned upon to look around an arcade for forgotten quarters? Or was the lady just in a bad mood?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.95
    $ 159.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 110.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 208.87
    $ 5.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside