Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by murdock
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider berlouts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all,

I've to start operating route pinball a few weeks ago.
    I'm brand new doing it but it didn't take me long to realize that I need something that didn't exist for new and can be useful for a lot of operators.

My pinball is located around 250km away from home and since I'm currently looking if it's worth operating it and can't go empty the machine every week, I started to develop a device that.

In fact, I will add a small device to the pinball and every day, that device will send automated information to a website/email and from distance, I will know exactly how many coins have been added to the machine and this to every day even every hour if I want.

I think with the help of some programmers, I can possibly expand the device to do test routine and send the result from distance. This means that has operator, you can track if one of your pinballs is having a problem before going to see it.

Is that something that can be interested you? let me know!

#5 6 years ago

Yes, I have someone in place desert and yes it`s done using a Pi, with Python coding and Mixpanel to track the revenue.
    I will give you more information when everything is set.

#7 6 years ago

Me too, that`s why I got that idea...
    Ideally, the next step will be to find how the devices can start all pinball test and send the result to the operator.
    That would be great but way more complicated

#13 6 years ago

In fact, for now, I don`t plan to control the MPU at all, I just plan to connect to the coin micro switch so each time that coins will pass through, It will be count by the computer.

The device will be connected to the WiFi and will dump data the website few times/days with the time stamp for every entry.

If I can find how to connect to the credit meter, that would be great but I don`t know where.

That system can expand further and If I was pinball constructer, you can`t imagine where my ideas can push this,,,

#14 6 years ago

As a personal knowledge, what range of revenue are you looking for per day?
    I would like to know if my target revenue is reachable or above reality?

#18 6 years ago

hocuslocus , thanks, thats mostly the same calculation that I did. I need more data from my pin in order to see if thats viable on the long term. I wouldn`t expect to pay off a brand new pin in a year but 2 years seems a great goal to achieve.

For now, I have an old pin and looking to pay it off in a year... if it`s the case then the business plan is working. The only problem with an old pin is the maintenance cost.

@Zentron, I don`t think that my 1989 pins has USE port in it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider berlouts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operator-receive-pinball-income-on-daily-basis?tu=berlouts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.