Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6b56c2593cac1b892c6329b886b6d6a89ee485c1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I think it would be good for them to give them to operators at a reduced price. Or a lease type of thing even. After all it is kind of like advertising for the newer machines, for the company too.

Maybe a sponsor type program for the bigger operators that are left out there.

I've looked at new redemption machines and the prices of newer pinballs. I have no clue how anyone can make any money as an operator. Local permits or license, damage, upkeep,etc...I know I'm not in the right area for it. I would imagine some areas are really good. I have no clue how you guys make any money right now.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Economy is B00MING? What part of the country do you live in?
    The Federal Government is cooking the books so to speak when it comes to inflation. They say inflation is under control...below 2%. Well what they don't include in that statistic is that Food, Energy, Housing & Medical costs which have been on a steady climb for the past 10 years.....have increased over 3% annually. And that is true inflation and it's squeezing the average American family into poverty.
    Sorry but with wages stagnant for the past 15+ years and rising inflation consumers are spending the same money, possibly slightly more due to cost increases for Food, Energy, Housing & Medical the true inflation rate is being disguised. It's really beginning to squeeze consumers now and you will see this in the next couple of years.

Ya...I thought basically the same thing when I read that. I guess that depends on area. "Booming" isn't the word, maybe starting to move a little. I was from the era of Booming and ...no...money is not flowing anywhere near what it was I don't care what news or paper says. We are no where near the flow at the bottom end that it was. I use to trip and fall into money and deals in any subject. It's not there now.

A dollar a game? I wouldn't/couldn't do! You might get one or two bucks out of me as I walk past, but at 50 and 75 cents? It's different on the mind for us broke guys. Instead of reaching in the wallet and stuffing a buck in and feeling the pain, a hand full of quarters or emptying the car ash tray just doesn't feel the same and will in the end get more in the game.

The bar scene in many areas is struggling for a few reasons. That is where when I was growing up the pinballs and pool tables were! Start drinking and play till you pass out. orrr got kicked out, drug out, etc... Those places are gone.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

No disasters, but I originally had all my tilt mechanisms all set fairly liberal. However, I've since had to tighten them up considerably. I've had more than one player shaking these 20-40 year old machines so damn hard that connections and mechs are failing. My Doctor Who sits waiting for repair and my Paragon had the entire GI go out after one of these episodes. Perhaps poor maintenance on my part, but until the machines went on vibrate they had been doing just fine. I get players want to keep the ball in play, but that behavior only belongs on a new Stern and pretty much nothing else.

I think you got your threads mixed like I did! Maybe? I might be mixed up.....again!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operator-machines?tu=joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.