4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cody_chunn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flecom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago

we have an AC/DC on location and it doesn't even have an attract mode... anyway that machine is meant to be played loud...

if the owner agrees with your brother then he should reach out to the OP, who will more than likely just remove the machine since playing an AC/DC you can't hear would be pretty boring

also I love the people here suggesting destroying and/or messing with the machine in some way, when there are no location machines left to play don't complain

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

if its too loud ya aint old and deaf enuf!
    seriously, there is such a thing as too loud, the operator should listen to peoples opinions about his game at a location, and adjust for it. I like LOUD but I'd get annoyed pretty quick if the same sounds kicked in to drown out everything else all the time. if it makes talking or ordering food and drinks difficult, it might even steer some people from wanting to return to a location, would be very bad use of 2 yards worth of floorspace. the establishments workers and owner would know if its too obnoxious.
    if an operator refused request to turn it down some, "seeya!" have fun finding another location to move it to and abuse peoples eardrums with, if it's harmful to what'd be normal business. its supposed to be about making MORE money, not less. I love pinball, but can see this point too.

like everyone has said over and over, if this were the owner complaining to an op that would be one thing, but a random staff member? ya, I would ignore the random staff member also... maybe even tell the owner about it (owner may not like his staff trying to make decisions for him)

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from generica:

Read my comment before replying to it please. The owner has veto power over everything related to the pin. Its his building. If he doesn't care, doesn't control his staff, that gives them the veto power. In my experience as a service person most owners don't care if their staff is messing with the game.
    The fact of the matter is, the op doesn't control the game. The people who are around it and the people signing their checks do.

so if I go to your place of business and decide your prices are too high I can pay less? since it seems control transfers pretty loosely in your world :p

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 189.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11.95
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flecom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside