Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

Question on how do the operator contracts work?
    If I had a Pizza joint, bowling alley or whatever and wanted a few pins and video games in there but didn't want to buy the machines for whatever reason, I would contact the local vending machine company? My understanding is they would install the games and maintain them. Does the operator get all the money? Does the establishment get a percentage? What's typical? Always wanted to know.

#2 14 years ago

50/50 split with the operator and the house is typical.

#3 14 years ago

I worked in a truck stop one time and the vendor would put the games in/half-ass maintain them and rotate some new ones in once in awhile and the take out of the coin-box was 50/50. I guess it was figured with using power/taking up retail space and such.

He left the coinbox key in one of the machines one night and we all made copies of it. He had all of his machines keyed the same!!!! Working the grave-yard shift was so swweeeeeeet after that!

#4 14 years ago

Thanks, always wondered. Now I know why all the machines are charging $1 per game. Kinda. I figured they are using the same operator.

#5 14 years ago

It always the same story .. too many machines .. too little room

I tried the repair biz once but it became more of a hassle and less of a hobby. I think being a contract vendor would also be the same way. I like what I've done before and maldoror did recently: donate the machine(s) to a children's center or a center for abused women where there are children. The reward is greater than the small amount of profit and you always get a nice tax deduction for much more than you could sell it for.

#6 14 years ago

"I like what I've done before and maldoror did recently: donate the machine(s) to a children's center or a center for abused women where there are children. The reward is greater than the small amount of profit and you always get a nice tax deduction for much more than you could sell it for."

Wow! You guys are INCREDIBLE! This is a fantastic thing you did and it is great to find people who have such amazing generosity. I have met a fair number of people in this hobby and there are, perhaps, too many that are not nice. Yet meeting you all, and seeing things like this that you all do, brings some warmth to say the least!

Much respect...

#7 14 years ago

Ya, THAT's what should happen with a machine! Donations are always nice, I give to the Salvation Army once and awhile and it actually makes you feel good! Not so much money, because I don't even have enough of it, but clothes and furniture and such.

There is a another forum, that me and BD hate btw, and there is a guy asking people for suggestions on how to destroy a pinball machine! Can you believe that?

This is where its at! That's why I love this forum!! Awesome people here!

#8 14 years ago

That is a good idea. Someone donated a Volley to the local United Diabetes association chapter. They are trying to sell it for the money. I would donate my Future Spa but I don't think that is a good pin for the kiddos. I should donate it to the local prison.

#9 14 years ago

Well I actually did not "donate" the machine, I put it on location there at .25 cents a play, the lady that runs the kids center is really strapped for money (she's a non profit) and any extra bit of money helps her pay the bills so the pin is making a little to help with that and keep the place open.

:]

#10 14 years ago

Any operators on pinside?Just curious -hows business?

#11 14 years ago

Well I hope at least you aren't taking a percentage maldoror .. that would just be wrong. Myself I donate and maintain them on free play at my expense but those places aren't hurting for money.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operator-contracts-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.