Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jdzwir123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am going to get a new pin. It will be my only pin. I like the theme on both and have the opportunity to get either one. I played F14 back when I was 10 and it destroyed me, ate my quarters really quick and I never wanted to play it again. I think that I'm mature enough now to own one, probably not though. I have never played Operation thunder, but I saw videos on YT and read reviews.
I know people are going to say that I should play them first, and I will, however they both are quite a distance away. I am pretty content with only one pin, my last was flight 2000. I can go play high dollar ones on location whenever I want to, and these are in my budget.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

#2 8 years ago

Having F14 as your only pin can be frustrating. I would say it depends highly on condition though. It's a really annoying pin to have raised inserts or loose mylar on, and both are common.

I would still go for a good F14 over Operation Thunder. I'm just not a fan of that era Gottlieb.

#3 8 years ago

Dude....I think if you play an OT and then F-14 you will lean towards F-14.
Brutal game and super fast but can be very fulfilling when rocking the game.
As Radium says, just make sure its not thrashed....

good luck on the decision...

#4 8 years ago

Cool. Is raised inserts and the loose molars the main bad things to look for on those? Also I like games with adrenaline and lights but are my children going to hate me???????

#5 8 years ago

Stupid spell corrector---Mylar

#6 8 years ago

Just depends...some kids can play F-14 just like they can others....if they play video games I don't think speed would be an issue, and even if it is, just raise the front a bit.

Mylar is not always a bad thing. I know on the one I had the mylar (although it was coming up in some spots) saved the playfield. Inserts raising can be a pain, but you can always just push them back down. (I had to do that with my Funhouse.) Always better to find one with a nice or better than average playfield. You can easily replace plastics and such...

#7 8 years ago

both are fun but due to the rulesey F14 has more lasting power.

I personally woudl take OT because it is a great game and unique!

#8 8 years ago

Both are fun games, but I agree the rules on F14 are probably more satisfying.

#9 8 years ago

Thank you for the advice. I haven't played one in 25 years or so, but I want to pick one up at pin a go go. I watched a lot of youtube videos and can't wait to play one and hopefully pick one up shortly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-thunder-or-f-14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.