7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

While i await my price guide.....i found an operation thunder for 900...it said something about a ball getting stuck and would need a service call.

#3 7 years ago

I'd jump on it. I sold mine (fully shopped) at the Ohio show this year and it sold within the first few hours for considerably more than that.

#4 7 years ago

Your Operation Thunder was SWEET! Probably my favorite game of the show.

Yeah, i'd jump all over that. The game is dope.

#5 7 years ago

An OT sold at Pintastic with a price tag of $1500. It was decked out with tasteful (but bright) LEDs, which really made it pop.

As long as it's in good shape and fixable, I'd say it's worth taking a look. They don't surface often, and it's an interesting game.

#6 7 years ago

Also, price aside, the rules are somewhat different than most games. It's definitely worth buying if you have he opportunity.

#7 7 years ago

Lol....i can eyeball good shape, but how do i know if it is fixable?

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from MNpin66:

Lol....i can eyeball good shape, but how do i know if it is fixable?

Experience, mainly.

I usually split things into electrical, electronic, mechanical, and cosmetic categories and go from there. Given that the cosmetics are good, pretty much everything else can be fixed, as long as there isn't some completely unobtainable part for the game.

I think for this game, mainly the plastic mounts may be troublesome to locate. Possibly the clear plastic dome, but that might be the same as on a couple other games.

[edit]: the dome is not the same, but it is available from a few suppliers

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/28621

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-thunder-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.