Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HB_GAMER
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B98D7701-53AD-4274-8654-05C49BB261EA (resized).jpeg
    7679590E-9F7B-493E-97EF-CE7E43517ECF (resized).jpeg
    DF994AC7-2E20-4A26-9BF7-D4FEE425F1C6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230215_201248_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

I'm not sure if further separating these into two records adds much value?

Yes, these variant editions tend to sell for different prices. AC/DC is another example of this with multiple premium/LE variants.

Two additional titles that need splitting:

Wizard of Oz
    The Hobbit

Editions listed here: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Jersey_Jack_Repair_Guides

1 week later
    #33 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

It would just get way to confusing and really doesn’t add much, other than bragging rights.

The individual editions can be grouped/linked now under a single title, so it's not quite as confusing.

I don't think it has anything to do with "bragging rights". I think it's better for pricing data and historical data to document all these editions. You can't deny that these editions exist and that there are differences between the editions (some relatively minor, but some significant).

Sometimes vault editions include improvements over the original. So, they aren't exactly the same.

I think it's more confusing for people not having these editions documented. Back when JJP was releasing edition after edition of WOZ, I was confused as to which edition included what features. So, I eventually documented them on pinwiki just to help keep track of them.

The same situation with MET and AC/DC--there are various editions of those, and honestly, I really don't know what all the differences are between them. But I think it would be helpful to make note of them and what exactly each edition looks like and/or includes.

3 weeks later
    #63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I agree with you that Star Trek LE is one of the prettiest LEs that's ever been made and it should be rated highly. But, under the current system, a deservedly high score for Star Trek LE propels the *whole* game to the #2 spot. That's what is broken - Star Trek is not and and should not be the #2 game just because they knocked it out of the park on the LE trim package. That's why an average of all 3 trim levels would be more accurate for an overall ranking position.

I don't think it's broken.

A game title's editions are grouped together.

The top score of that group determines the title's overall rank. That way, a particular editions doesn't unfairly act as a boat anchor dragging down the game title.

Just tap/click the game title on the list, and it shows all the editions and their scores.

Personally, I think it's a lot more understandable than having multiple editions of the same title scattered around on the list. That would dilute the overall rankings and be unfair against titles that only have one edition.

Not every LE edition ranks higher than the other editions. Occasionally, they rank lower.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

the owners rate the game

It's not just owners who rate their own games. Sometimes they have friends over, host events/tournaments, or sometimes the games are accessible in public or at shows. I know of a few business owners and operators who specifically buy LEs to put on location.

You aren't going to be limited to just game owners rating a specific game edition.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-premium-le?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.